Close
Login
Register

the McGregor game plan

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

Re: the McGregor game plan

Postby DeceptaCon » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:56 pm

EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:
Lt Shiznitski wrote:Image



there aint gonna be no trilogy.. I dnt want no trilogy..

Nate is going to sacrifice Conor to the MMA gods :speakers: in the trilogy. He is dead son!
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Are you ready for the last great deception?
User avatar
DeceptaCon
Linker for Life
Linker for Life
 
Posts: 21443
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:33 pm
Location: Part of your brain!
Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor x2
Pick-Em Champion: Oct 2020
Lightweight Sig Betting Champion x2
The Amanda Nunes of Linker
Original Gif Mafia Member

Re: the McGregor game plan

Postby reasontat2 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:14 pm

TaeKwonDolt wrote:
RedCrayolaCholo wrote:
TaeKwonDolt wrote:
RedCrayolaCholo wrote:If you watch boxing then you see McDuck has a style, very similar to Wladamir Klitschko


Image


It's cool kiddo. Over your head maybe? Keep up with the convo.


I can't understand why you're comparing Conor to someone that's actually a boxer. Please explain?


Stance wise and striking wise, McGregor and Klitschko have a similar style. Feet wide apart, weight is usually in the center, or on the back foot. They try not to extend their heads past the front knee, and this helps with their equilibrium when they take shots. Emanuel Steward taught Klitschko that style and it made him a better fighter. Now, McGregor, uses the stance for different reasons, counter punching, and kicks. Which is fine, in mma where distance plays a crucial factor, given take downs, in-fighting, judo, and jiu-jitsu. In boxing you don't have to worry about these types of things. However, a lot of pundits and mma fans, think that McGregor's style is the key to beating Mayweather, but, it's not. The reason is...Klitschko has the same sort of style. Just study Klitschko, compare with McGregor's mma striking, and you have a recipe for success.

The catch is, that Klitschko is an orthodox fighter, whereas, McGregor is a southpaw. As a boxer, McGregor is going to have a harder time landing his left. Factor in the flaw, that he drops his right to reeeeeaaach with that left, and Mayweather finds a home for that left hook just like against Hatton. I brought up Klitschko, because their styles are somewhat similar, just two different sports. As a boxer, you have to compare fighting styles with something familiar, and go from there. Remember the old Anderson Silva videos, where he is imitating styles of several fighters. Floyd has had an extensive career and seen all kinds of styles, and has to recognize them all so that he can adjust mid-fight. Not only recall, but, know how to react.

That make sense? I'm not saying they're the same fighter. I'm saying hand strinking, they are similar.
reasontat2
bad ass
 
Posts: 2986
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:45 am

Re: the McGregor game plan

Postby Lt Shiznitski » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:44 pm

RedCrayolaCholo wrote:
TaeKwonDolt wrote:
RedCrayolaCholo wrote:
TaeKwonDolt wrote:Image


It's cool kiddo. Over your head maybe? Keep up with the convo.


I can't understand why you're comparing Conor to someone that's actually a boxer. Please explain?


Stance wise and striking wise, McGregor and Klitschko have a similar style. Feet wide apart, weight is usually in the center, or on the back foot. They try not to extend their heads past the front knee, and this helps with their equilibrium when they take shots. Emanuel Steward taught Klitschko that style and it made him a better fighter. Now, McGregor, uses the stance for different reasons, counter punching, and kicks. Which is fine, in mma where distance plays a crucial factor, given take downs, in-fighting, judo, and jiu-jitsu. In boxing you don't have to worry about these types of things. However, a lot of pundits and mma fans, think that McGregor's style is the key to beating Mayweather, but, it's not. The reason is...Klitschko has the same sort of style. Just study Klitschko, compare with McGregor's mma striking, and you have a recipe for success.

The catch is, that Klitschko is an orthodox fighter, whereas, McGregor is a southpaw. As a boxer, McGregor is going to have a harder time landing his left. Factor in the flaw, that he drops his right to reeeeeaaach with that left, and Mayweather finds a home for that left hook just like against Hatton. I brought up Klitschko, because their styles are somewhat similar, just two different sports. As a boxer, you have to compare fighting styles with something familiar, and go from there. Remember the old Anderson Silva videos, where he is imitating styles of several fighters. Floyd has had an extensive career and seen all kinds of styles, and has to recognize them all so that he can adjust mid-fight. Not only recall, but, know how to react.

That make sense? I'm not saying they're the same fighter. I'm saying hand strinking, they are similar.


Spoiler:
Image :lol: :lol:
Sig 0-1
Image
User avatar
Lt Shiznitski
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 4417
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:21 pm
Location: Carmel, IN

Re: the McGregor game plan

Postby TaeKwonDolt » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:14 am

RedCrayolaCholo wrote:
Stance wise and striking wise, McGregor and Klitschko have a similar style. Feet wide apart, weight is usually in the center, or on the back foot. They try not to extend their heads past the front knee, and this helps with their equilibrium when they take shots. Emanuel Steward taught Klitschko that style and it made him a better fighter. Now, McGregor, uses the stance for different reasons, counter punching, and kicks. Which is fine, in mma where distance plays a crucial factor, given take downs, in-fighting, judo, and jiu-jitsu. In boxing you don't have to worry about these types of things. However, a lot of pundits and mma fans, think that McGregor's style is the key to beating Mayweather, but, it's not. The reason is...Klitschko has the same sort of style. Just study Klitschko, compare with McGregor's mma striking, and you have a recipe for success.

The catch is, that Klitschko is an orthodox fighter, whereas, McGregor is a southpaw. As a boxer, McGregor is going to have a harder time landing his left. Factor in the flaw, that he drops his right to reeeeeaaach with that left, and Mayweather finds a home for that left hook just like against Hatton. I brought up Klitschko, because their styles are somewhat similar, just two different sports. As a boxer, you have to compare fighting styles with something familiar, and go from there. Remember the old Anderson Silva videos, where he is imitating styles of several fighters. Floyd has had an extensive career and seen all kinds of styles, and has to recognize them all so that he can adjust mid-fight. Not only recall, but, know how to react.

That make sense? I'm not saying they're the same fighter. I'm saying hand strinking, they are similar.


Thanks for breaking that down man. I really appreciate you taking the time to formulate the basis for your point. Seriously, good stuff.

Alvarez came out to the media and basically stated he thinks McGregor can get it done inside 4 rounds, and not to sleep on that idea. I tend to think that Mayweather will outwork him by parrying and blocking anything he throws for the first 5-6 rounds and then just stick and move until the fight is over and walk with a UD.

Conor will obviously dispute the decision and state that boxing isn't a man's sport anymore, blah blah blah.

I love how this is becoming such a circus, but at the same time, I'm not sure what it proves other than crossing over to a new combat sport doesn't prove anything and that we all just paid $100 for an exhibition match.

I think I'd rather watch Sensei Segal and Fedor fight Sambo on an open floor mat. :lol:
Image
User avatar
TaeKwonDolt
Mod Emeritus
 
Posts: 4577
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:38 pm
Location: Rent Free Inside Your Head
Accolades: Mar. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Jan. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Survivor

Re: the McGregor game plan

Postby slevin » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:00 pm



Spoiler:
Sigbet: 51-35-4

Title Bets: 1-1

Image
I actually picked this fucking guy over Nate Diaz lmao. When dipset speaks, listen.
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion
 
Posts: 22730
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:38 pm
Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
Fantasy A-League Champion: May 2018, Nov 2018, Jan/Feb 2020
Fantasy B-League Champion: Dec 2017
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2017
2017 Fantasy Fix GP Champion

Re: the McGregor game plan

Postby mmafan559 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:24 pm

slevin wrote:

Spoiler:

was watching this crap live and thought "welp, there is the new conner gif"
Join https://discord.gg/tTqYyMc on fight nights.
MMA nerds only.
Don't be scared, homie.
I have over 3,000 likes on Sherdog.
Image
185.8
BrdrOkm69 wrote:You can be butthurt as much as you'd like, but keep that pain deep inside your butt where it belongs.

Mr Meow wrote:i log off linker and enjoy a meal out and am thinking about my disdain for mcgregor the whole time

DeceptaCon wrote:truth needs not an explanation it just is

nate diaz wrote:touch butt
User avatar
mmafan559
1st Professional Linker Victory
1st Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 8988
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: the McGregor game plan

Postby DeceptaCon » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:59 pm

mmafan559 wrote:
slevin wrote:

Spoiler:

was watching this crap live and thought "welp, there is the new conner gif"

Image
Image
Are you ready for the last great deception?
User avatar
DeceptaCon
Linker for Life
Linker for Life
 
Posts: 21443
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:33 pm
Location: Part of your brain!
Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor x2
Pick-Em Champion: Oct 2020
Lightweight Sig Betting Champion x2
The Amanda Nunes of Linker
Original Gif Mafia Member

Re: the McGregor game plan

Postby mmafan559 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:33 pm

DeceptaCon wrote:
mmafan559 wrote:
slevin wrote:

Spoiler:

was watching this crap live and thought "welp, there is the new conner gif"

Image

Image
i dont know waht is appropriate response
Join https://discord.gg/tTqYyMc on fight nights.
MMA nerds only.
Don't be scared, homie.
I have over 3,000 likes on Sherdog.
Image
185.8
BrdrOkm69 wrote:You can be butthurt as much as you'd like, but keep that pain deep inside your butt where it belongs.

Mr Meow wrote:i log off linker and enjoy a meal out and am thinking about my disdain for mcgregor the whole time

DeceptaCon wrote:truth needs not an explanation it just is

nate diaz wrote:touch butt
User avatar
mmafan559
1st Professional Linker Victory
1st Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 8988
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:23 pm

Previous

Return to MMA Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users