Close
Login
Register

Guida beef with Bisping?

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

Guida beef with Bisping?

Postby Sprinzino » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:47 am

Clay Guida: "Leben by decision over the most overrated TUF winner in UFC history in Bisping."

I thought Guida seemed like a pretty down to earth overall good guy. I am wondering if there is something going on between the two guys or if its between teamates? Seems like a pretty crazy thing to say. I know Bisping didnt look that good at times when he was at 205 but he was much smaller then his opponents. I disagree with the statement but we will see i guess.
Sprinzino
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Re: Guida beef with Bisping?

Postby Sprinzino » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:48 am

BTW you can find the Guida comment over on Sherdog in the Pros Pick Em article.
Sprinzino
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby m_s » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:16 am

I couldn't agree more with Guida (if he really said that), Leben will beat that arrogant overrated bastard :evil:
m_s
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby SadisticSalamander » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:29 am

m_s wrote:I couldn't agree more with Guida (if he really said that), Leben will beat that arrogant overrated bastard :evil:

Touche'. I'm not a Leben fan, but Bisbing is a joke. Matt Hamill beat the crap out of him with little more than some amatuer wrestling experience. He won that fight by a very shady decision. Who has he beaten? A bunch of Jokers that's who. He's getting a huge push 'cause he's a friggin' limey, but why not Mark Weir or Ian Freeman instead. They have some talent.

As far as Guida is concerned he has had a few of the best fights ever seen in the UFC. He may have lost some close ones to Griffin and Edgar but he has a win over Mac Danzig and could probably beat most 155ers on any given day(BJ Penn excluded). He has every right to be irritated with Bisbing getting a huge push. Even if his (Clay's) brother Jason is a fat, lazy, arrogant, slob who embarassed himself on national TV. :lol:
SadisticSalamander
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby ShadowMoses42 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:54 am

SadisticSalamander wrote:
m_s wrote:I couldn't agree more with Guida (if he really said that), Leben will beat that arrogant overrated bastard :evil:

Touche'. I'm not a Leben fan, but Bisbing is a joke. Matt Hamill beat the crap out of him with little more than some amatuer wrestling experience. He won that fight by a very shady decision. Who has he beaten? A bunch of Jokers that's who. He's getting a huge push 'cause he's a friggin' limey, but why not Mark Weir or Ian Freeman instead. They have some talent.

As far as Guida is concerned he has had a few of the best fights ever seen in the UFC. He may have lost some close ones to Griffin and Edgar but he has a win over Mac Danzig and could probably beat most 155ers on any given day(BJ Penn excluded). He has every right to be irritated with Bisbing getting a huge push. Even if his (Clay's) brother Jason is a fat, lazy, arrogant, slob who embarassed himself on national TV. :lol:

are you saying hammill has little wrestling experiance?...
We will always remember you for your undeniable logic in every single instance ever; there is now an empty void in all of our hearts that can never again be filled, unless it is with your unequivocal passion and love
ShadowMoses42
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt

Location: making ryyonvin cry with his superior BJJ skills in Bucks County, Pennsylvania

Postby RubenATC » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:36 am

Dam guida is a punk. And secondly hes wrong cuz the count is going to beat leben senseless.
RubenATC
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt

Postby TheJoeRice » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:44 am

Fuck Guida... why doesn't he start beating people before putting down other fighters?

I can't wait for Bisping to destroy Leben. although I like Leben a lot, he's not going to win tonight.
Dana White Is My Hero
TheJoeRice
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby groundzero » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:48 am

i couldnt agree more with clay he is overrated its the truth what they are thinking about giving him a title shot what top comp has he beat jason day? mccarthy? please give me a break
make me a sig!
groundzero

Postby Taylor W » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:49 am

I bet guida wouldn't say that if he was fighting Bisbing. He would get murked
Taylor W
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby baldie » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:50 am

Guida is just a hater...mad cause he is just a gate keeper. Bisping will win tonight!
PSN ID - Baldie3286
BJ Penn - Shogun - Crocop - Fedor - Hendo
I watched Shogun beat Machida along with the other millions.
ImageImage
baldie
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby J-Hawker » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:05 am

I'm a fan of Guida and he's entitled to his opinion for whatever reason,but think Bisping will prove he's a step above Leban today.I feel UFC has hyped him to a degree to create a UK/European superstar but feel it's a smart move and Bisping is up to the challenge.
J-Hawker
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby s8championjgh » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:14 am

bisping really isnt that arrogant but ok. and he cant help being overrated.
"There's people out there that need (to be) beaten up – he's one of them. And I have a moral obligation to society to beat him up."
s8championjgh
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Postby I 3at Pain » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:35 am

Yeah! WAR GUIDA!
Donald Cerrone.
I'm on the George Sotiropoulos Band Wagon.
I 3at Pain
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby FootFistProductions » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:56 am

Wow, I have sat here and said that Bisbing is the 2nd most overrated fighter there, and he is not as good as he thinks he is or as good as everyone else thinks he and it always seems like I am alone. It is nice to know that other people feel this way.
I esp, hate it when people talk about Bisbing's stand up, the man got picked apart for two rounds by Hamil, who isn't even a stand up fighter, he was a novice striker. THe fighters that Bisbing has beaten have been hand picked for him in his own back yard in the UK.
LEBEN>Bisbing
irishmike357 wrote: He sucker punched him from behind before the fight even started, and by sucker punched I mean shot him with a gun.
Burritoking1000 wrote:I would let like 100 dudes jerk off all over me for a whole day for less than a million.
FootFistProductions
3rd Professional Linker Victory

Postby FootFistProductions » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:58 am

s8championjgh wrote:

bisping really isnt that arrogant but ok. and he cant help being overrated.

Yeah he can help it, by not making statements that he is the ONE that will dethrone Anderson, before he has even beat any worthwhile competitors, and yes that goes right back to being arrogant. The man wins a very contreversail to Hmaill and tells him to go back to wrestling come on, that's arrogance and being classless.
irishmike357 wrote: He sucker punched him from behind before the fight even started, and by sucker punched I mean shot him with a gun.
Burritoking1000 wrote:I would let like 100 dudes jerk off all over me for a whole day for less than a million.
FootFistProductions

Next

Return to MMA Discussion