Close
Login
Register

Boxing and Kickboxing Greats

Discuss all other combat sports here.

Boxing and Kickboxing Greats

Postby slevin » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:05 pm

I'm trying to get into both combat sports, so I was wondering if some of you guys could inform on who you think are the top 10 greats. So I can watch them and see their fights, and learn about both combat sports.

Also if you give me some top 10 Muay thai greats that would be greatly appreciated as well. :biggrin:
Sigbet: 51-35-4

Title Bets: 1-1

I actually picked this fucking guy over Nate Diaz lmao. When dipset speaks, listen.
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
Fantasy A-League Champion: May 2018, Nov. 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Dec 2017
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2017
2017 Fantasy Fix GP Champion

Re: Boxing and Kickboxing Greats

Postby meyer1244 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:39 am

I don't dig rankings but I'll give just a random list to watch to get started.

Boxing - start with Sugar Ray Robinson, Larry Holmes, Ezzard Charles, Carmen Basilio. Obvious ones would be Ali, Hagler, Hearns, RJJ, Joe Louis blah blah. In recent times definitely Hopkins and RJJ.

Kickboxing - If we just talk K-1 Ernesto Hoost, Peter Aerts. Schilt I guess if you're into that. Would have to put Remy in their also unfortunately. Andy Hug. For MAX Andy Souwer, Masato, prime Buakaw, honestly just fucking watch every K-1 WGP and MAX GP they're all amazing anyway plus you'll learn as you go from seeing them.
meyer1244
Mod Emeritus

Re: Boxing and Kickboxing Greats

Postby hawdrigoh » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:12 pm

For MT, I no longer keep up with it very closely but here is a good list to start from:

Saenchai, Payakaroon, Worawoot, Silachai, Ploenchit, Khamsing, Thanasukarn, Kaennorsing, Sit Hrun, Put Lorlek.

Saenchai is possibly my favorite to watch. He's like Sakuraba or an incredibly motivated BJ Penn in that he fights at many different weights and is ridiculously skilled. Payakaroon is the goat. Watch any HL vids and fights of these guys.

Lastly, be very wary of anyone who says Buakaw Por Pramuk is an all-time great in MT. He's not even remotely close but he is possibly the most recognizable MT figure worldwide. A loose analogy would be someone like David Beckham in football.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hawdrigoh
6th Professional Linker Victory
6th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.