Close
Login
Register

OFFICIAL: Mayweather vs Pacquiao

Discuss all other combat sports here.

OFFICIAL: Mayweather vs Pacquiao

Postby bruins2012 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:18 am

I don't really have the words to convey how I'm feeling right now, so let's just let the magic of the internet do it. YouTube! Embedded tweets! Reaction GIFs to embedded tweets!

But in all seriousness: The Fight is by all accounts nearly here. It could be announced tonight. The rumor right now is that it will be announced later this evening. We'll be here. You should be, too. Five-plus years of waiting may finally be over. Mayweather vs Pacquiao may be upon us.

Dan Rafael
Basically every1 involved in #MayweatherPacquiao (both sides) simply waiting for Floyd to announce. All are calm & say negotiation complete.

Bible of Boxing @ringmagazine
Rosenthal: I remain cautious but the buzz is extremely strong that a Mayweather-Pacquiao announcement is imminent. Stay tuned. #boxing

Source involved with Pacquiao-Mayweather talks on a possible announcement: "Ask Floyd." By all accounts, negotiations are done.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2015/2/19/80 ... 1421736012
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao will be announced any minute!

Postby BrdrOkm69 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:47 am

Super pumped for this if it were to happen but the article said it would be announced last night so I'm already having my doubts. This fight has been giving me blue balls for ages.
I shook Fedor's hand, and he smiled at my attempt to speak Russian
Most finishes in UFC/Pride/WEC/SF history? CRO COP FOREVER
BrdrOkm69
Gaming Commission
Gaming Commission

Accolades: Shook hands with Fedor Emelianenko, Survivor, Nov. 2015 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Jan. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Linker of the Year

Postby JTuck34 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:58 am

Simple speculation at this point. They've been pretty close a few times before. I won't be holding my breath.

But hey, it is fun to think about. I wonder what the drug testing procedures will be for this one. I know that was a major roadblock at one point in time. Pacquiao claimed he couldn't be subjected to random blood testing because he "is afraid of needles" :roll: ........

I don't really know enough about Pacquiao in order to try and call this fight. Super excited to see though IF it does happen.
7-3
JTuck34
Linker's resident psychoactive chemical expert
Linker's resident psychoactive chemical expert

Postby slevin » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:59 am

BrdrOkm69 wrote:Super pumped for this if it were to happen but the article said it would be announced last night so I'm already having my doubts. This fight has been giving me blue balls for ages.

LOL
Sigbet: 51-35-4

Title Bets: 1-1

I actually picked this fucking guy over Nate Diaz lmao. When dipset speaks, listen.
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
Fantasy A-League Champion: May 2018, Nov. 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Dec 2017
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2017
2017 Fantasy Fix GP Champion

Postby PinoyPride » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:29 am

Finally the debate about who the better boxer is will now be answered!
PinoyPride
3 Account Ban Wins
3 Account Ban Wins

Postby pithikos » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:32 am

JTuck34 wrote:Simple speculation at this point. They've been pretty close a few times before. I won't be holding my breath.

But hey, it is fun to think about. I wonder what the drug testing procedures will be for this one. I know that was a major roadblock at one point in time. Pacquiao claimed he couldn't be subjected to random blood testing because he "is afraid of needles" :roll: ........

I don't really know enough about Pacquiao in order to try and call this fight. Super excited to see though IF it does happen.

Actually that has been exposed to be Bob Arum's bullshit, if you believe Ariza that is.
ImageImage
pithikos
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby J D » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:36 am

Urijah Faber wrote:People don’t understand because they’re not fucking world-class fighters. When you’re at world championship level, you’re fighting other guys who are at a world championship level. So, you know, Dana White wants to say something? Let’s see him get in there and fight. Let’s see him fight somebody who’s a championship fighter and let’s see how many punches he throws in a round. Things change when you’re fighting the best guys in the world.
J D

Accolades: 2017-2018 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion
2016-2017 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champion
I am Canadian

Postby iHeartChrisWheelkick » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:37 am

PinoyPride wrote:Finally the debate about who the better boxer is will now be answered!

I don't think there ever was a debate about who the better boxer is lol. Not one expert thinks Pacman wins this fight and guess who Vegas will have at probably a 3 to 1 favorite? Not Manny :lol:

I don't believe shit until these two actually step in the ring.
A Pimp Named Pitbull

DonnyStonevillage wrote:Fedors back to save MMA one can at a time.

91-38
iHeartChrisWheelkick

Accolades: First Linker Challenge Champion (Dunk-off)
Creator of the Tag Team Tournament
Survivor

Postby PinoyPride » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:52 am

Black Zeus wrote:
PinoyPride wrote:Finally the debate about who the better boxer is will now be answered!

I don't think there ever was a debate about who the better boxer is lol. Not one expert thinks Pacman wins this fight and guess who Vegas will have at probably a 3 to 1 favorite? Not Manny :lol:

I don't believe shit until these two actually step in the ring.

I wonder what will be the excuse if Manny wins?
PinoyPride
3 Account Ban Wins
3 Account Ban Wins

Postby iHeartChrisWheelkick » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:04 am

I don't give a fuck who wins. Fact remains a guy who gets hit millions of times a fight and been knocked out three times isn't a better BOXER than a guy who is considered the best defensive fighter of all time who has never lost a fight. Anyone that knows anything about BOXING can see all Manny's glaring technical flaws. Of which Floyd does not have.

But anybody can land a lucky punch though. Then again we have seen what happens when Floyd gets hit hard and flush. I'm sure you only like Manny because he's a mexi-chank so logic won't ever persuade you in this situation. So I will gladly take advantage of your lack of boxing knowledge and groupie bias and offer to bet you through pay pal if this fight ever gets announced. I have made tons of cash off people thinking Floyd will lose. You can be next.
A Pimp Named Pitbull

DonnyStonevillage wrote:Fedors back to save MMA one can at a time.

91-38
iHeartChrisWheelkick

Accolades: First Linker Challenge Champion (Dunk-off)
Creator of the Tag Team Tournament
Survivor

Postby PinoyPride » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:27 am

Black Zeus wrote:I don't give a fuck who wins. Fact remains a guy who gets hit millions of times a fight and been knocked out three times isn't a better BOXER than a guy who is considered the best defensive fighter of all time who has never lost a fight. Anyone that knows anything about BOXING can see all Manny's glaring technical flaws. Of which Floyd does not have.

But anybody can land a lucky punch though. Then again we have seen what happens when Floyd gets hit hard and flush. I'm sure you only like Manny because he's a mexi-chank so logic won't ever persuade you in this situation. So I will gladly take advantage of your lack of boxing knowledge and groupie bias and offer to bet you through pay pal if this fight ever gets announced. I have made tons of cash off people thinking Floyd will lose. You can be next.

Lack of boxing knowledge :lol: If you think that there is no on going debate as to who is the better boxer/prize fighter between these 2 fighters then you must have been living under a rock. When i said "Best Boxer" I was pertaining to the overall package not just the tangibles that you can see on paper. And its funny how you automatically concluded that im bias when my first statement in this thread had no hint of prejudice.
PinoyPride
3 Account Ban Wins
3 Account Ban Wins

Postby PinoyPride » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:32 am

And about your paypal bet,i have not delved into any monetary gambling and have no plans in the future,i will though accept an IP BAN BET if this fight ever happens.
PinoyPride
3 Account Ban Wins
3 Account Ban Wins

Postby ltjohnbower » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:33 am

Don't care... You're talking about a fight that should have happened 5 to 10 years ago... With that being said, WAR MANNY!!!!
ltjohnbower
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby J D » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:34 am

ltjohnbower wrote:Don't care... You're talking about a fight that should have happened 5 to 10 years ago... With that being said, WAR MANNY!!!!

Ah, people would still go apeshit if Randy and Fedor were to fight today, imo. Better late than never.
Urijah Faber wrote:People don’t understand because they’re not fucking world-class fighters. When you’re at world championship level, you’re fighting other guys who are at a world championship level. So, you know, Dana White wants to say something? Let’s see him get in there and fight. Let’s see him fight somebody who’s a championship fighter and let’s see how many punches he throws in a round. Things change when you’re fighting the best guys in the world.
J D

Accolades: 2017-2018 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion
2016-2017 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champion
I am Canadian

Postby hawdrigoh » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:36 am

Still not believing anything, there are so many reasons this can fall through.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hawdrigoh
6th Professional Linker Victory
6th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Next

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.