Close
Login
Register

The Recipe ***Spoiler***

Discuss all other combat sports here.

The Recipe ***Spoiler***

Postby slevin » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:12 am

What is the recipe to beat Floyd mayweather, the guy is just so dominant. No one seems to be able to do anything to him, even when he is up against the ropes or in the corner, it doesnt seem like anyone can land on him.

Who do you think can pose a challenge to floyd? And what are the keys to beating him?

Also do you think boxers from previous eras that fought in the same weight class could beat him, if so which ones?
Sigbet: 51-35-4

Title Bets: 1-1

I actually picked this fucking guy over Nate Diaz lmao. When dipset speaks, listen.
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
Fantasy A-League Champion: May 2018, Nov. 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Dec 2017
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2017
2017 Fantasy Fix GP Champion

Re: The Recipe ***Spoiler***

Postby Thickback » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:29 pm

SRL
Duran
Hearns
SSR

These are the guys I give a chance at beating him. And a good chance. Especially Hearns because of his length.

As far as the recipe, it has to be someone with good power and timing and match Floyd's speed. They also have to come in with 12 gameplans.
When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you - Thickback
Thickback
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Postby A Level 1 Noob » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:16 pm

Thickback wrote:SRL
Duran
Hearns
SSR

These are the guys I give a chance at beating him. And a good chance. Especially Hearns because of his length.

As far as the recipe, it has to be someone with good power and timing and match Floyd's speed. They also have to come in with 12 gameplans.

SRR ans SRL beat him easily.

The Real LW Sig Bet Champion Image
#FreeThiago
A Level 1 Noob
Sig Bet Grand Prix Champion

Postby BestWayKilla » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:02 pm

Duran
Hearns
SSR

You say Duran and Hearns can take him, but not Hagler? That doesn't make sense to me.
UP THE IRONS!!!!

mikalianenkomedov wrote:ball gargling faggots that are faggoty and gargle balls.

Sigbetting Record- 17-10
BestWayKilla
The Trooper

Postby Thickback » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:40 am

A Level 1 Noob wrote:
Duran
Hearns
SSR

I disagree with them beating him easily due to his defense, especially when he was in his prime. Hearns was outboxing Leonard in their first fight till he faded and SRL started landing. Robinson lands on anyone and it's over, but it would still be a great fight.

Not being a fanboy, just my honest opinion.
Thickback
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Postby Thickback » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:41 am

BestWayKilla wrote:
Duran
Hearns
SSR

You say Duran and Hearns can take him, but not Hagler? That doesn't make sense to me.

Hagler is a MW....
Thickback
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Postby A Level 1 Noob » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:50 am

Thickback wrote:
A Level 1 Noob wrote:
Duran
Hearns
SSR

I disagree with them beating him easily due to his defense, especially when he was in his prime. Hearns was outboxing Leonard in their first fight till he faded and SRL started landing. Robinson lands on anyone and it's over, but it would still be a great fight.

Not being a fanboy, just my honest opinion.

Na Bro SRR would own that ass. Speed, Power, Chin and technical. Theres a reason people who saw him fight have him as the Greatest fighter they have ever watched. And theres a reason they created the P4P rankings and that reason is SRR. Floyd has top notch Defense but most of the fighters he fights are slow as dirt and those who aren't have 0 KO power. SRR has the speed and the Power.

I

The Real LW Sig Bet Champion Image
#FreeThiago
A Level 1 Noob

Postby BestWayKilla » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:09 pm

Thickback wrote:
BestWayKilla wrote:
Duran
Hearns
SSR

Hagler is a MW....

Well, all 3 of those guys from his era fought him, so that's why I brought it up. Then again, for my money, he did beat all 3 of those guys (I believe Hagler beat Leonard), so maybe you have a point. Given how much guys jump around weight classes, I thought it was a given.
UP THE IRONS!!!!

mikalianenkomedov wrote:ball gargling faggots that are faggoty and gargle balls.

Sigbetting Record- 17-10
BestWayKilla
The Trooper

Postby Thickback » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:07 am

BestWayKilla wrote:
Thickback wrote:
BestWayKilla wrote:
Duran
Hearns
SSR

Hagler is a MW....

Well, all 3 of those guys from his era fought him, so that's why I brought it up. Then again, for my money, he did beat all 3 of those guys (I believe Hagler beat Leonard), so maybe you have a point. Given how much guys jump around weight classes, I thought it was a given.

Difference is, SRL and Hearns are naturally bigger than Mayweather. FLoyd started his career at 130. Hearns and SRL I believe started at WW (I could be wrong)
Thickback
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Postby BestWayKilla » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:18 am

Good point. See, this is why you guys have better insight on boxing than me, I hadn't remembered that. I'd say that makes Floyd's accomplishments now even more impressive. And in hindsight, him in a ring with Hagler would be pretty ridiculous, he'd be absolutely dwarfed.
UP THE IRONS!!!!

Sigbetting Record- 17-10
BestWayKilla
The Trooper

Postby Thickback » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:43 am

BestWayKilla wrote:Good point. See, this is why you guys have better insight on boxing than me, I hadn't remembered that. I'd say that makes Floyd's accomplishments now even more impressive. And in hindsight, him in a ring with Hagler would be pretty ridiculous, he'd be absolutely dwarfed.

Floyd is only 5'8" and has never weighed in more than 150 so if he actually one a MW title it would be a hell of an accomplishment. Hagler was a monster. Cotto is slightly shorter but has always had issues with weight. 160 is probably comfortable for him even tho 147 imo is his best weight.
Thickback
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Postby BestWayKilla » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:56 am

Thickback wrote:
BestWayKilla wrote:Good point. See, this is why you guys have better insight on boxing than me, I hadn't remembered that. I'd say that makes Floyd's accomplishments now even more impressive. And in hindsight, him in a ring with Hagler would be pretty ridiculous, he'd be absolutely dwarfed.

Floyd is only 5'8" and has never weighed in more than 150 so if he actually one a MW title it would be a hell of an accomplishment. Hagler was a monster. Cotto is slightly shorter but has always had issues with weight. 160 is probably comfortable for him even tho 147 imo is his best weight.

Funny story about Hagler: when I was like 7, I used to go to this karate place not far from my house, and in the changing room, there was this poster of Hagler in there flexing with all his belts (not sure why it'd be at a karate school, I guess the owner was a fan), and I remember him being absolutely shredded and looking like the most muscular person I'd ever seen. In my young mind, well before I knew about weight classes, this meant he must've been a heavyweight. Then when I found out about his career years later, I was shocked and thought to myself "That guy was a middleweight? He looks massive!" I figured he'd have weighed almost twice as much as he actually did. Dude was definitely a specimen.
UP THE IRONS!!!!

Sigbetting Record- 17-10
BestWayKilla
The Trooper

Postby emd01 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:41 pm

There is no recipe to beat that dude. You either have to get lucky...or wait. Floyd is pushing 40.

As far as who "could" beat him Thats kind of a difficult question. Everyone likes to mention SRR but the fact is Floyd was his best at 135 imo. The Floyd we're seeing now isnt the best. Who thinks a 37 year old SRR, SRL, Hagler, Duran or Hearns could beat a 37 year old FM at WW?

Even the 147 Floyd "could" beat any of those greats. I think those match ups would be toss ups because Floyds D is without a doubt some of the best ever. Floyds not the pushover he's made out to be...in the ring, that is.
emd01
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.