Close
Login
Register

Pacman is a disappointment..

Discuss all other combat sports here.

Pacman is a disappointment..

Postby T-Bag » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:57 am

guys pardon me, i know this is off-topic but i couldnt help expressing my disappointment, as a fight fan and a filipino myself, on manny pacquiao.He maybe has great hands, power and speed altogether makes him an exciting fighter but I think he has no intention of giving JMM a 3rd fight after marquez calls him out. here's an excerpt from the philiipine star:

Manny Pacquiao, who had to move up to two weight classes to gain a crack at Oscar de la Hoya, plans to stay as welterweight even as he expressed his desire to fight Juan Manuel Marquez the third time around.

In an interview with Fightnews.com, Pacquiao said he would want to stay and fight at 145-147 despite the general sentiment on the Filipino icon being too small for the welterweight class.

“I would fight Juan Manuel anytime if the negotiations are okay and if he is willing to fight me at 145 or 147 pounds – because I plan to stay at that weight,” said Pacquiao.

Talks of a rematch with Marquez have made the rounds ever since the Gen. Santos native edged him out with a controversial split decision earlier this year.

Marquez, who has been craving for another shot at world’s pound-for-pound champion, has gone up to 135 pounds and now holds the Ring Magazine lightweight belt after defeating Joel Casamayor last month.

But with Pacquiao apparently serious on staying as a welterweight, Marquez’s dream of squaring things off with the Filipino champion may not happen after all.

IMO, thats a sign of fear. He's got no class IMO.i am fuckin disappointed at him. If you're truly a warrior, no ducking pls pacman. Its pathetic, Money Pacquiao.
"I never dip my Bag into a cup of water unless its pipin', pipin' hot."
Image Image
T-Bag
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Re: Pacman is a disappointment..

Postby batangastig » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:21 pm

marquez will get his fight no matter what happens. if pacaman wins his fight with oscar then pacman will fight hatton and then fight and retire with the pac-marquez 3 fight. if pacman loses against oscar then marquez would prolly b pacman's next fight. the reason why pacman wants to stay at welterweight is not because of fear, its cuz freddie roach and his conditioning coach wants him to stay there. what many people may not realize is that manny walks around 153 nowadays. it will be harder and harder for pacman to fight in the lighter weightclasses. im predicting that when pacman and marquez does fight then it would prolly be in the 140 weight devision. i dont think i would call pacman scared cuz he accepted a fight against a much bigger fighter who is no pushover. p4p fighters rarely risk this much in a fight, and its even more rare for a p4p boxer to be as much of an underdog as pacman is coming into this fight. i dont think pacman is scared of anyone after everything hes been through. now its all about the money.
I'm gonna have to be killed before I lose, and I ain't going to die easy - Muhammad Ali
ImageImage
batangastig
Black Belt
Black Belt

Re: Pacman is a disappointment..

Postby T-Bag » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:17 am

he'll fight oscar bcoz of money, not bcoz of anything.oscar is no pushovr but he's clearly way out of his prime( remmbr the forbes fight).if he's really not scared of marquez, he shouldve given him a third fight really soon, perhaps even after ther second fight. dont get me wrong, i lyk manny and his styl but i rily think JMM has his number and he is very well aware of that. I remember him saying that he doesnt want to fight at 147, and he quickly dismissed wen he's asked about a possible cotto fight.and now he's saying he wants to stay at the welterweight division?come on. unify the lightweight div first b4 he does somthin silly
"I never dip my Bag into a cup of water unless its pipin', pipin' hot."
Image Image
T-Bag
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.