Close
Login
Register

Sitting or Standing?

Punch, jab, and combinations. MMA standup technique. What works for you?

Sitting or Standing?

Postby BOBBYBOB1 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:37 am

In a bar saturday night, a drunk came over and starting breaking my balls (I'm sober 3 years) and I figured if I stood
up he would have felt I was challenging him. I remained sitting and focused on what I would do if attacked. I figured
shoulders into his waist for a takedown and then some GNP. Do you think this was a good tactic or should I not have
waited for him to make his move? P.S. I am thinking of not going to bars!
BOBBYBOB1
White Belt
White Belt

Re: Sitting or Standing?

Postby JohnKG » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:37 am

BOBBYBOB1 wrote:In a bar saturday night, a drunk came over and starting breaking my balls (I'm sober 3 years) and I figured if I stood
up he would have felt I was challenging him. I remained sitting and focused on what I would do if attacked. I figured
shoulders into his waist for a takedown and then some GNP. Do you think this was a good tactic or should I not have
waited for him to make his move? P.S. I am thinking of not going to bars!

I personally would've stood.. but I've got a "I can whoop anyones ass on the planet" syndrome.. if you don't have that.. keeping your milly ass in the stool was your best bet :lol:

Seriously though.. (all though I was serious about my syndrome/complex) you did the right thing.. if he was busting your balls.. he probably was trying to get a rise out of you and may have taken it that step further.. way to stay level headed!

When all else fails though.. I say match crazy and raise him crazy motherf*cker! as in Stand up, shout "YOU WANNA GO MUTHAFUCKA!!!" and rip your shirt off... unless it's a shirt you like or can't rip... then you'd want to take your shirt off while sitting, fold it up neatly, stand up.. slap yourself in the face and say "HEY MUTHAFUCKA!!!! YOU WANNA GO??"

If he does the same.. and you don't want to fight... just invite him somewhere... and say "I thought we were about to go to McDonald's or something.. I'm hungry as shit.. I thought you were too"
VOTE JOJO FOR MOD
JohnKG
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby StormingVictory » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:19 pm

thats some funny ass shit there john i like that especially the invite him to mcdonald's part that was creative :lol:
StormingVictory
White Belt
White Belt

Postby biscuits69 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:14 pm

lol. This doesnt belong in the Stand up section despite the title :lol:

Its really how you analyze the situation, you obviously sat because you knew he wasnt making a move.
As soon as he balls up a fist or gets way too close thats when you stand.

Good job deescalating the situation though, I probably wouldnt have stood up cuz thats when shit would have went down
Most awesome fighters in the world
Carlos Condit
Chael Sonnen
Shogun Rua
Lyoto Machida
Dominick Cruz
Vitor Belfort
Urijah Faber
Bigfoot Silva
Junior Dos Santos
Brian Stann
Craig Wildman