Close
Login
Register

Assassin's SS Log

Want to share your work out? this is the place to do it.

Re: Assassin's SS Log

Postby TheAssassin » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:08 pm

Week long drinking bender ended. Time to get back on that horse.

Squat 225 5/5/5
Press 130 for 4.

Press finally stalled big time. I figured I could only add 5lbs per workout for so long and my last session was really rough with technique being shitty. I'll go back down to 125 and try it again, focusing on technique.
TheAssassin
4th Professional Linker Victory

Postby detfilteg » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:16 pm

TheAssassin wrote:Week long drinking bender ended. Time to get back on that horse.

Squat 225 5/5/5
Press 130 for 4.

Press finally stalled big time. I figured I could only add 5lbs per workout for so long and my last session was really rough with technique being shitty. I'll go back down to 125 and try it again, focusing on technique.

That is still pretty good for your press. As of right now press and bench are my two weakest lifts. I will blame my shoulder surgery. :)
wilfred wrote:We all have to make sacrifices, Ryan. Like the story of Jesus Christ. I'm sure the Roman soldiers wanted to hang out at the Pantheon and stare at tits all day, but they knew they had a duty to kill Jesus.

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby TheAssassin » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:38 pm

detfilteg wrote:
TheAssassin wrote:Week long drinking bender ended. Time to get back on that horse.

Squat 225 5/5/5
Press 130 for 4.

That is still pretty good for your press. As of right now press and bench are my two weakest lifts. I will blame my shoulder surgery. :)

I'm pretty bummed. I was hoping to get to 135 within the week. Press and Bench should be your weakest lifts since they recruit the least muscle in them, compared to squats and deads.
TheAssassin

Postby TheAssassin » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:25 am

Squat 230 5/5/5
Bench 180 4- stall. 155 8 135 10

Squat is ever improving, technically and with strength.

All other lifts, with the exception of the dead lift are suffering; press due to technical and strength issues, and bench strength to technical issues. The main problem in the press seems to be the creation of an inefficient moment arm by bringing the bar too far forward. The main issue in the bench is tricep strength, holding me back from lockout.

I'm at home this weekend so I will devour enough calories to feed a small African village, recover from the alcohol, come back with renewed vigour and see what happens.
TheAssassin

Postby TheAssassin » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 am

Squat 235 5/5/5
Press 120 3/

It's getting heavy, depth and failure might be an issue.

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON WITH MY OHP. Fail 130 for in the first set a week ago, fail 120 in the first set today. I am so confused.
TheAssassin

Postby Fearless6691 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:04 pm

It happens man, just stay at it. Try to find a trend that varies between those workouts. Most of the time it is nutrition.
I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit.
Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.
"
_________________________________Muhammad Ali
Fearless6691
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Fearless6691 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:04 pm

Oh, and mentality. Mental focus is huge IMO.
I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit.
Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.
"
_________________________________Muhammad Ali
Fearless6691
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby TheAssassin » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:35 am

I'm not sure it's nutrition. Today I had a large coffee, 4 cabbage rolls and my workout went well. I also had 6 hours of sleep.

I always get really mentally amped for my lifts. I can't squat strong unless I shake the cage, take a fuck ton of deep breaths and shoot saliva out of my mouth...before I lift. Same goes for press.

Squat 240 5/5/5
Bench 175 5/5/5
Chin-Ups 5/5/5

Fixed the squat depth issue. By not being a pussy. I get this odd click on the side of my right knee whenever I'm below parallel. Got that for 14/15 reps. I think I injured my left hip flexor though. It's been a nagging injury for the last few weeks.

Bench press was easy strength-wise. Dodgeball has my tricep tendon behind the elbow completely dicked though and that really fucked with my lift.

Chin-ups....were fun! Got "dat pump" on the bi's bro.

Post workout 2L of milk, 2 scoop Whey Iso.
TheAssassin

Postby TheAssassin » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:13 am

Squat 245 5/5/5
Press 120 5/5/5
Deadlift 300 5

Squat was good, depth seemed okay, might need to ask an observer next time. Started using hip drive more. Press felt light, really focused on technique. Need to push the head forward as soon as the bar clears a path faster. Deadlift was awesome. Made sure to not bounce the weights and re-adjust between every rep. I think my back is bending a little. Will film the next 310 for 5 to see.

Around 3500 calories today with 2L milk 2 scoops protein.
TheAssassin

Postby TheAssassin » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:19 am

Squat 250 5/5/5
Press 125 5/5/5
PC 115 3/3/3/3/3

Squats are hard. I keep getting all foggy headed and losing count. Hip is still bugging me, makes me favour the opposite side.

Press is getting better technically. Need to remember to move head forward and to keep wrists straight and locked.

PC's are a mess. Arm bending and sore wrists.
TheAssassin

Previous

Return to Workout Logs