Close
Login
Register

Crazy Condit Submission

Wrestling, jujitsu, ground and pound or submit your opponent for the victory

Crazy Condit Submission

Postby BlackFire » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:40 pm

Hiya, newbie posting here. I had been reminiscing with some of my friends about a submission that I had seen Condit pull off years ago when I first became aware of him. I'm almost positive it was him because I remember the peacock tattoo on his shoulder. Anyways the submission was some sort of guillotine reversal where he ended up allowing the guy to get him in the guillotine and Condit then kinda half stood up and it looked like he leaned his own collar bone on the guys neck and it ended up putting him to sleep. I've been searching around the web for the last couple hours and since I was here I figured it wouldn't hurt to toss the question out into the mmalinker community. Who was he fighting and where can I find a video of this? Much appreciation for reading the long post. Thanks in advance.
BlackFire
White Belt
White Belt

Re: Crazy Condit Submission

Postby FEAR » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:01 am

Are you sure it was Condit? The submission you described was a half guard Von Flue choke. Condit's submission wins were by guillotine, triangle, armbar, or RNC.

FEAR
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby Fearless6691 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:15 am

BlackFire wrote:Hiya, newbie posting here. I had been reminiscing with some of my friends about a submission that I had seen Condit pull off years ago when I first became aware of him. I'm almost positive it was him because I remember the peacock tattoo on his shoulder. Anyways the submission was some sort of guillotine reversal where he ended up allowing the guy to get him in the guillotine and Condit then kinda half stood up and it looked like he leaned his own collar bone on the guys neck and it ended up putting him to sleep. I've been searching around the web for the last couple hours and since I was here I figured it wouldn't hurt to toss the question out into the mmalinker community. Who was he fighting and where can I find a video of this? Much appreciation for reading the long post. Thanks in advance.

The counter to a standing guillo is a standing guillo.
I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit.
Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.
"
_________________________________Muhammad Ali
Fearless6691
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby BlackFire » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:43 am

Ahhh thank you Fear, that was what I was thinking about. Sheesh my memory is crap apperently. It was years and years ago that I'd seen this and I guess I just remembered it wrong. Thanks again Fear, your the shit broski.
BlackFire
White Belt
White Belt

Postby Fearless6691 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:23 am

BlackFire wrote:Ahhh thank you Fear, that was what I was thinking about. Sheesh my memory is crap apperently. It was years and years ago that I'd seen this and I guess I just remembered it wrong. Thanks again Fear, your the shit broski.

Hah, thanks np.
"
Fearless6691
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby quickrick » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:52 am

that reminds me of one of my old bjj instructors choking out Ryan hall unconscious :lol:
Mitsuyo Maeda-Helio Gracie-Rolls Gracie-Romero Cavalcanti-Leandro Vieira-Me
quickrick
White Belt
White Belt

Postby Fearless6691 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:37 pm

quickrick wrote:that reminds me of one of my old bjj instructors choking out Ryan hall unconscious :lol:

AHAHAHA that is awesome
"
Fearless6691
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby theronjmartin » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:24 am

quickrick wrote:that reminds me of one of my old bjj instructors choking out Ryan hall unconscious :lol:

hahah he got put tah sleep
theronjmartin
White Belt
White Belt

Postby ballsmcgee » Tue May 29, 2012 2:35 pm

that's great :lol:
mmaisbetterthancorn wrote:I actually take the time too educated myself.

ballsmcgee
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby LiamHillen » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:55 pm

Fearless6691 wrote:
BlackFire wrote:Ahhh thank you Fear, that was what I was thinking about. Sheesh my memory is crap apperently. It was years and years ago that I'd seen this and I guess I just remembered it wrong. Thanks again Fear, your the shit broski.

Hah, thanks np.

:lol: dont think he was talkin to you
[size=200][color=#00FF00]
LiamHillen
Baby Caveman

Return to Ground Game