Close
Login
Register

Juice Fast

From couch potato to Title Holder, what to eat to stay in top shape

Juice Fast

Postby ballsmcgee » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:08 pm

Anyone know anything about juice fasting? An overweight friend is all revved up after watching "fat, sick, and nearly dead". Basically ten days of consuming nothing but juice.
Your thoughts.
mmaisbetterthancorn wrote:I actually take the time too educated myself.

ballsmcgee
Red Belt
Red Belt

Re: Juice Fast

Postby JonB » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:48 am

I never watched that documentary, but from what I heard: The participants in the documentary went from an almost fast food only diet to a juice fast. So by default there would be health benefits gained.

I think it could be sound for simply losing weight, but:
1. How many calories consumed is a factor. I'm under the impression that there was some form of deifict.
2. The whole "Smoothie vs Juicing" debacle as to what is more nutritious. I personally don't buy the hype that juicing allows for nutrients to hit the body quicker (And is thusly better), but I'm also a smoothie fan due to the ease of it. So you don't have to listen to me.

This isn't to say that smoothies or juicing aren't a great supplement to one's diet/replacement for a meal or two, as well as helping those who have trouble eating certain fruits and vegetables. I'm planning to incorporate it into mine. With a better blender of course.
JonB
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Re: Juice Fast

Postby ndizzle » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:49 pm

i prefer smoothies over juicing since when you juice there is alot of pulp left, so you either throw it away or put it in soup.

Also when you juice you dont get the fiber.
]

Silva (jojo)(seb) vs Fitch (ndizzle)
ndizzle
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Return to Nutrition