Close
Login
Register

Chair Sit?

Wrestling, jujitsu, ground and pound or submit your opponent for the victory

Chair Sit?

Postby Fearless6691 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:22 pm

Anyone got any good videos of one for no-gi (instructional)
Image
I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit.
Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.
"
_________________________________Muhammad Ali
User avatar
Fearless6691
Black Belt
Black Belt
 
Posts: 2888
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:02 pm

Re: Chair Sit?

Postby FEAR » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:16 pm

Fearless6691 wrote:Anyone got any good videos of one for no-gi (instructional)

You and your 10th planet terms :roll: .

but seriously, I have no idea wtf a chair sit is.
User avatar
FEAR
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 8:50 am

Re: Chair Sit?

Postby Fearless6691 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:35 pm

Someone turns away from you when your on top in side control and you take the back. See this is exactly why everyone should learn the 10th Planet system, every detail have a name that you can say and you should know the exact position that they are talking about. Your just a hater, take your pajamas off and go to bed GI boy ;)
Image
I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit.
Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.
"
_________________________________Muhammad Ali
User avatar
Fearless6691
Black Belt
Black Belt
 
Posts: 2888
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:02 pm

Re: Chair Sit?

Postby FEAR » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:21 pm

Fearless6691 wrote:Someone turns away from you when your on top in side control and you take the back. See this is exactly why everyone should learn the 10th Planet system, every detail have a name that you can say and you should know the exact position that they are talking about. Your just a hater, take your pajamas off and go to bed GI boy ;)


Says the person who's system creator still wears gi pants to no-gi class :geek:
User avatar
FEAR
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 8:50 am

Re: Chair Sit?

Postby Fearless6691 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:30 pm

Haha yeah yeah. I always wondered why he does that..
Image
I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit.
Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.
"
_________________________________Muhammad Ali
User avatar
Fearless6691
Black Belt
Black Belt
 
Posts: 2888
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:02 pm

Re: Chair Sit?

Postby bjj83 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:48 am

Wow, the guy just asked a question. Hate to burst your bubble but the chair sit (both the term and the technique) isn't unique to the 10 planet system. Also, the technique is exactly the same regardless if you are rolling gi or no gi. But to answer your question, (because what is the point of replying to a question if you aren't going to be helpful) Ryan Hall has a DVD entitled "Back Attacks" and on that DVD he gives very detailed instruction on how to properly execute the chair sit. There is clips of the DVD on you tube but I'm not sure if that particular technique is among them, but I have the DVD and it's on there. There is a video of Caio Terra doing a varitation of it on you tube, where he starts off passing the half guard and ends up on the back. You can try that but the postion is a little different so the technique is little different as well, but it's the same general idea. It's a good technique, I hope you find what you are looking for.
bjj83
White Belt
White Belt
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:32 am

Re: Chair Sit?

Postby Fearless6691 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:26 am

bjj83 wrote:Wow, the guy just asked a question. Hate to burst your bubble but the chair sit (both the term and the technique) isn't unique to the 10 planet system. Also, the technique is exactly the same regardless if you are rolling gi or no gi. But to answer your question, (because what is the point of replying to a question if you aren't going to be helpful) Ryan Hall has a DVD entitled "Back Attacks" and on that DVD he gives very detailed instruction on how to properly execute the chair sit. There is clips of the DVD on you tube but I'm not sure if that particular technique is among them, but I have the DVD and it's on there. There is a video of Caio Terra doing a varitation of it on you tube, where he starts off passing the half guard and ends up on the back. You can try that but the postion is a little different so the technique is little different as well, but it's the same general idea. It's a good technique, I hope you find what you are looking for.

I never said it wasn't. I want to get Ryan Halls DVD but I don't want it to be to gi related.
Image
I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit.
Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.
"
_________________________________Muhammad Ali
User avatar
Fearless6691
Black Belt
Black Belt
 
Posts: 2888
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:02 pm

Re: Chair Sit?

Postby FEAR » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:24 pm

bjj83 wrote:Wow, the guy just asked a question. Hate to burst your bubble but the chair sit (both the term and the technique) isn't unique to the 10 planet system. Also, the technique is exactly the same regardless if you are rolling gi or no gi. But to answer your question, (because what is the point of replying to a question if you aren't going to be helpful) Ryan Hall has a DVD entitled "Back Attacks" and on that DVD he gives very detailed instruction on how to properly execute the chair sit. There is clips of the DVD on you tube but I'm not sure if that particular technique is among them, but I have the DVD and it's on there. There is a video of Caio Terra doing a varitation of it on you tube, where he starts off passing the half guard and ends up on the back. You can try that but the postion is a little different so the technique is little different as well, but it's the same general idea. It's a good technique, I hope you find what you are looking for.


BTW, he didn't say that the chair sit was from 10th planet, he just stated that naming the moves would be easier for everyone to learn them. Which actually is a great idea, I disagree with some of the names for 10th planet moves (stoner control :roll: ) but for the most part it makes sense and is efficient.
User avatar
FEAR
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 8:50 am

Re: Chair Sit?

Postby Fearless6691 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:33 pm

FEAR wrote:
bjj83 wrote:Wow, the guy just asked a question. Hate to burst your bubble but the chair sit (both the term and the technique) isn't unique to the 10 planet system. Also, the technique is exactly the same regardless if you are rolling gi or no gi. But to answer your question, (because what is the point of replying to a question if you aren't going to be helpful) Ryan Hall has a DVD entitled "Back Attacks" and on that DVD he gives very detailed instruction on how to properly execute the chair sit. There is clips of the DVD on you tube but I'm not sure if that particular technique is among them, but I have the DVD and it's on there. There is a video of Caio Terra doing a varitation of it on you tube, where he starts off passing the half guard and ends up on the back. You can try that but the postion is a little different so the technique is little different as well, but it's the same general idea. It's a good technique, I hope you find what you are looking for.


BTW, he didn't say that the chair sit was from 10th planet, he just stated that naming the moves would be easier for everyone to learn them. Which actually is a great idea, I disagree with some of the names for 10th planet moves (stoner control :roll: ) but for the most part it makes sense and is efficient.

I agree, it makes a lot more sense to name everything.
Eddie has never really taken credit for much.
I don't like some names either, like retard control.
Image
I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit.
Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.
"
_________________________________Muhammad Ali
User avatar
Fearless6691
Black Belt
Black Belt
 
Posts: 2888
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:02 pm

Re: Chair Sit?

Postby bjj83 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:13 am

I was replying to
You and your 10th planet terms
. I realize now that it sounded kind of rude of me. My bad. No rudeness intended. As far as the Ryan hall DVD only a few of the subs are gi related. The rest can all be done no gi.
bjj83
White Belt
White Belt
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:32 am

Re: Chair Sit?

Postby Fearless6691 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:41 pm

bjj83 wrote:I was replying to
You and your 10th planet terms
. I realize now that it sounded kind of rude of me. My bad. No rudeness intended. As far as the Ryan hall DVD only a few of the subs are gi related. The rest can all be done no gi.

Interesting, ty!
Image
I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit.
Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.
"
_________________________________Muhammad Ali
User avatar
Fearless6691
Black Belt
Black Belt
 
Posts: 2888
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:02 pm


Return to Ground Game

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users