Close
Login
Register

Weekly Global Fight Video Thread

Discuss all other combat sports here.

Re: Weekly Global Fight Video Thread

Postby AlexisVilaMyHero » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:47 pm

^^thanks af

^and yeah I thought Buakaw looked great. It is remarkable how he's pushing 30 and hasn't seemed to slow down at all. I guess one of the few good things about K-1 being in the state that they are in is we get to see Buakaw return to FMT fights, where he's even more dangerous. I just hope he fights better competition. He's fighting Warren Stevelmans in a few weeks so that's a start.
JelloShooter wrote:I have substantial proof to file a lawsuit against this website.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0njRGpBcHlg
FREE AXELEGZ, AGUILAR207, L.N.D.O., IMMORTALTECHNIQUE92 AND TOTTENHAMZ19.
AlexisVilaMyHero
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Former Intercontinental Champ

Postby ndizzle » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:04 am

here is saenchai fucking around and fucking tord up
]

Silva (jojo)(seb) vs Fitch (ndizzle)
ndizzle
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby AlexisVilaMyHero » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:10 am

^lololol Saenchai is so good at pwning people he does it without trying.

Week of August 11th 2011

Boxing:
David Tua vs Monte Barrett
The ending to this HW fight between an aging legend and a gatekeeper looking for one more shot at glory is a must watch.

Kermit Cintron vs Antwone Smith Part 1Part 2Part 3Part 4Part 5Part 6Part 7
Light Middleweight contender Kermit Cintron tries to bounce back from two bad outings in a row. He faces Antwone Smith, a top 50 Welterweight.

There's another thread around with Agbeko/Mares. I'm not posting a link to it because I refuse to link blatantly fixed fights in this thread. Check it out if you're curious.

Muay Thai/Kickboxing
Saenchai Sor Sinbimuaythai vs Kevin Ross
Saenchai was back in action this weekend, facing American Kevin Ross in Anaheim, CA. The angle's not perfect on this video but you can see most of the action.

Chingiz Allazov vs Gabor Gorbics
Prestige fight from this weekends Fight Code event. Allazov is a highly regarded 18 year old Belarusian prospect.

Philippe Salmon vs Barna Szucs
K-1 vet Philippe Salmon faces Hungarian vet Barna Szucs in a super fight.

Pacome Assi vs Luca Panto
Vjekoslav Bajic vs Petr Vondracek
Mihail Tuterev vs Gyorgy Mihalik
The final 3 fights from the field of 16 in the fight code "Rhinos" (heavyweights) tournament. All three of these fights are close, competitive fights with no shortage of action.

Vitali Akhramenko vs Ivan Stanic
Vitali Akhramenko has already qualified for the "Rhinos" final 8 so he is in a super fight against the Croatian, Ivan Stanic.
JelloShooter wrote:I have substantial proof to file a lawsuit against this website.

AlexisVilaMyHero
Mod Emeritus

Postby kushfight » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:53 pm

Did anyone else notice that great rolling thunder kick Artem landed in his amateur fight? :D If it weren't for the head gear I bet his opponent would've been stumbled hard if not knocked down. I've been watching Artem since the contender asia 2 was susposed to have happened and the guy looks better and better every year.
RIP KYOK
kushfight
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby AlexisVilaMyHero » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:52 pm

kushfight wrote:Did anyone else notice that great rolling thunder kick Artem landed in his amateur fight? :D If it weren't for the head gear I bet his opponent would've been stumbled hard if not knocked down. I've been watching Artem since the contender asia 2 was susposed to have happened and the guy looks better and better every year.

Yeah that was crazy. I'm sure he was experimenting a bit against an opponent who couldnt do much to him, but I hope he uses some of those tactics in his upcoming fights with Cocco and Groenhart. A big KO by rolling thunder or something like that in a high profile fight in the US or in Its Showtime would be great for bringing some attention to him and his weight class in general.

AlexisVilaMyHero
Mod Emeritus

Postby AlexisVilaMyHero » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:09 am

Week of August 20th 2011

Boxing:
Tomas Rojas vs Suriyan Sor Rungvisai
Tomas Rojas, a top 3 Super Flyweight, puts his WBC belt on the line against an unranked 22 year old Thai with no really notable wins. However, he's doing it on Suriyan's home soil and Suriyan had a fight of the year candidate with Flyweight kingpin Pongsaklek Wonjongkam last year, so Suriyan may just be the real deal.

Michael Katsidis vs Michael Lozada
Fight from last week that didn't surface online until this one. Well-known lightweight action fighter Katsidis tries to bounce back from two tough losses with a light welterweight fight against a Mexican journeyman.

David Diaz vs Hank Lundy
Diaz is a tough veteran who has faced Manny Pacquiao and beaten Erik Morales and Jose Armando Santa Cruz. Lundy took his first loss last year and is trying to get back to the top of the lightweight division.

Matthew Hatton vs Andrei Abramenka
Matthew Hatton, brother of Ricky, coming off a loss to Saul "Canelo" Alvarez, faces Abramenka, who is 25-0-1 but has never faced anyone anywhere near Hatton's level. In fact, his one opponent with a winning record, Roberto Belge, who he drew, didn't last 3 rounds against Hatton.

Alfredo Angulo vs Joseph Gomez
Light middleweight contender and former Olympian Angulo's career took a sharp turn for the worse last fall when it was found out he was in the US (where he'd been living and fighting) illegally. Saturday he tried to make a comeback in Mexico against Joseph Gomez, a once-promising fighter on a bit of a losing skid; Gomez has dropped 3 of his last 4.

Muay Thai/Kickboxing
Nopparat Keatkhamtorn vs Moses Tor Sangtiennoi
You may remember Nopparat from the Isuzu Cup. Here he rematches second generation Muay Thai star Moses Tor Sangtiennoi (son of Sangtiennoi), who he beat in an entertaining decision in October of last year.

Alex James vs Rob Powdrill
It's a slow week for kickboxing so here's an 85kg fight from way back in April wasn't online until just now. The was the co-main event of the card that featured Nathan Corbett vs Piotr Lepich. Alex "Moppa" James is a former amateur world champ, Powdrill is known for his lowkicks, and they are each fan favorites in Western Australia. WARNING: There is a spoiler in the description of this video.

Shoot Boxing Girls S-Cup Japan
Erika Kamimura, Seo Hee Ham and others compete in an 8-woman tournament. Last year's S-Cup Champion Rena appears in a super fight with young Thai champion Zaza Sor Aree.

AlexisVilaMyHero
Mod Emeritus

Postby ndizzle » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:07 am

has the Cosmo/Sakmongkol fight online now?,heard is was close
]

ndizzle
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby ndizzle » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:31 am

Phetboonchu(red) vs Singdam(blue)
believe this fight happened on the second
]

ndizzle
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby AlexisVilaMyHero » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:55 am

ndizzle wrote:has the Cosmo/Sakmongkol fight online now?,heard is was close

haven't seen it. If I ever do I'll post a link here. I heard it was a good fight but a crappy decision.

AlexisVilaMyHero
Mod Emeritus

Postby AlexisVilaMyHero » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:51 pm

Week of August 27th 2011

Boxing:
Adrian Granados vs Frankie Gomez
Two Light Welterweight prospects in action as 10-0-0 Gomez faces 8-1-1 Granados.

Ulises Solis vs Jether Oliva
Top-3 Light Flyweight Ulises Solis puts his IBF belt on the line against undefeated Filipino challenger Jether Oliva.

Robert Helenius vs Siarhei Liakhovich
In the first of two Heavyweight fights this weekend with potential Klitschko implications, undefeated "Nordic Nightmare" Helenius faces "White Wolf" Liakhovich, who probably needs a win here to either stay relevant or become relevant, depending on how you look at it.

Alexander Povetkin vs Ruslan Chagaev
Teddy Atlas-trained, undefeated, former Olympic Gold Medalist Povetkin faces Chagaev, whose only loss came to Wlad Klitschko.

Muay Thai/Kickboxing
Nopakrit Namplatrahoymuk vs Ekusung K. Rungthannakiat
This weekend marked the start of the 22nd Isuzu Cup in Thailand, and while the tournament isn't quite as stacked as last year's there are some good names. The first fight matches up #1 ranked Lumpinee Stadium Super Lightweight Ekusung with #5 Lumpinee Stadium lightweight Nopakrit.

John Wayne Parr vs Mostafa Abdollahi
Here's a fight from a month ago that finally got on youtube thanks to JWP himself. Since John Wayne Parr announced his imminent retirement, he's fought twice, dramatically knocking out Mike Zambidis in his first fight. This time, he fought Iranian former amateur MT champion Abdollahi in the main event of "Capital Punishment 4" in Canberra.

Koya Urabe vs Marimo
K-1 63kg Japan Grand Prix Runner-Up Koya Urabe takes on NJKF #2 ranked lightweight Marimo at Krush 11.

Nobuchika Terado vs Kieran McAskill
Main event from Krush 11. RISE Bantamweight Champion Terado takes on ISKA UK Bantamweight Champion McAskill for the ISKA Bantamweight title.

AlexisVilaMyHero
Mod Emeritus

Postby AlexisVilaMyHero » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:34 pm

Week of September 3rd 2011

Boxing:
Hugo Fidel Cazares vs Tomonobu Shimizu Part 1Part 2Part 3
Consensus #1 Super Flyweight Hugo Cazares travels to Japan to face 4-1 underdog Tomonobu Shimizu.

Daniel Geale vs Eromosele Albert
Top 5 MW Geale takes on overmatched American Albert.

Eloy Perez vs Daniel Jimenez
Undefeated Super Featherweight prospect Perez, who was Shane Mosley's main sparring partner before the Mosley-Mayweather fight, takes on a tough veteran in Daniel Jimenez

Vic Darchininyan vs Evans Mbamba
Darchinyan fights in his native Armenia for the first time against Mbamba, whose only loss came against a top 3 fighter in Tomas Rojas.

Marco Antonio Rubio vs Mohammed Akrong
Top 10 MW and David Lemieux upsetter Marco Antonio Rubio takes on the very overmatched Mohammed Akrong.

Gary Russell Jr vs Leonilo Miranda Part 1Part 2Part 3
One of the top American prospects in boxing in action as undefeated 23-year-old featherweight Russell faces hard hitting southpaw Miranda.

Muay Thai/Kickboxing
Singmanee Kaewsamrit vs Samranchai 96Peenung
This is the second pool matchup from this year's Isuzu Cup. Samranchai 96Peenung is probably the biggest name in this tournament.

Kongjak Sor. Tuantong vs Panom Topkingboxing
Kongjak, who you may remember from last year's Isuzu cup takes on Panom in a Lumpinee stadium bout.

Buakaw Por Pramuk vs Warren Stevelmans, Marco Picque vs Nieky Holzken, Nathan Corbett vs Thomas Hron, Artem Levin vs David Keclik, more
The Muay Thai Premier League held their debut event this weekend and it was a good one.

Yohan Lidon vs Akihiro Gono
This fight, the main event from Thai Fight Extreme Japan, is finally on youtube for those who missed it live.

AlexisVilaMyHero
Mod Emeritus

Previous

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.