Close
Login
Register

Gimme some new moves

Punch, jab, and combinations. MMA standup technique. What works for you?

Gimme some new moves

Postby beastman4 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:44 pm

I've been working alot on my striking this year, drilling the basics like crazy but some times I like to practice some new moves just to see if I do them (Like a jumping spinning back kick, or something). Anyone got any moves for me to try out? Kick-boxing or boxing is good.
beastman4
White Belt
White Belt

Re: Gimme some new moves

Postby SamuraixJack » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:21 pm

Good drill that i've just been jerking around with is the usual "Segal Kicks" every now and then i will snap one off and see how high it is. problem is its kinda hard to get it down pack, at least the silva one is. but the crane kick i have no problem with.

but anyway, the drill for me usually involves shadowboxing while i watch a fight, and where ever i see an opening; be it when the opponent is attacking or whenever there is a stand still, i throw it. it seems stupid but the next day i actually caught someone with it. it didnt knock them out it just grazed them. but it still worked.

ALSO, to not get caught after the kick throw a small little stiff jab or right. always want to make sure when you do a high risk maneuver(sp?) you at least have insurance.

BOW TO THE KING
SamuraixJack
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Re: Gimme some new moves

Postby beastman4 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:09 pm

Thanks, I'm gonna try out that Seagal Kick. Maybe I can land it one day in sparring, that was be crazy.
beastman4
White Belt
White Belt

Return to Stand Up