Close
Login
Register

Spoiler" Klitschko-Thompson Heavy weight Championship fight

Discuss all other combat sports here.

Spoiler" Klitschko-Thompson Heavy weight Championship fight

Postby Blacksheep » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:06 pm

Sitting here watching the Klitschko-Thompson Heavy weight Championship fight...and I am BORED OUT OF MY MIND, don't get me wrong, as a heavy weight fight goes it's I am and always will be a boxing fan, but if this fight was in the UFC people would be booing and the ref would be yelling to pick it up, I love boxing, but as a "older" fight fan who still trains in boxing (which I love) and mma (love more), as a small kid I still remember watching Ali,Frazer, Foreman etc fight. As I sit here and watch this snooze fest, I can't help but think...it's no wonder that mma has become so popular in the last five years. Guess I am just spoiled, I want ACTION. :?

edit...Klitschko wins by KO
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I sure as hell won't. - George S. Patton
"The Sheep's Pen"
Blacksheep
1st Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Hall of Famer, Former P4P Champ

Re: Spoiler" Klitschko-Thompson Heavy weight Championship fight

Postby Stand-up_Philosopher » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:39 pm

I was looking for my dad but he was no where to be found. He was watching the fight and then i found him outside. The first thing he said was "I stopped watching the fight. It was boring."
"The human body is a submission waiting to happen." - Erik Paulson

GS GIMG
Stand-up_Philosopher
5th Professional Linker Victory

Postby Blacksheep » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:41 pm

Stand-up_Philosopher wrote:I was looking for my dad but he was no where to be found. He was watching the fight and then i found him outside. The first thing he said was "I stopped watching the fight. It was boring."

He was right...but I had nothing else to do...and I kept hoping it would get better
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I sure as hell won't. - George S. Patton
"The Sheep's Pen"
Blacksheep

Postby Stand-up_Philosopher » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:43 pm

Blacksheep wrote:
Stand-up_Philosopher wrote:I was looking for my dad but he was no where to be found. He was watching the fight and then i found him outside. The first thing he said was "I stopped watching the fight. It was boring."

He was right...but I had nothing else to do...and I kept hoping it would get better

Thompson is a local hero where I`m from. I`m kinda disappointed hearing the bad news.
"The human body is a submission waiting to happen." - Erik Paulson

GS GIMG
Stand-up_Philosopher

Postby Blacksheep » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:47 pm

Stand-up_Philosopher wrote:
Blacksheep wrote:

Thompson is a local hero where I`m from. I`m kinda disappointed hearing the bad news.

He did real good at first...even rocked Klitschko a few times....but by the third rd. he just seemed to give up...it was all down hill fromt there till he went to sleep
"The Sheep's Pen"
Blacksheep

Postby PainDog » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:16 am

Yeah these guys are HW's...and right now the HW division sucks...
There however, plenty of good and entertaining fighters in lighter weight classes...

Damir Ismagulov Time

Saygid Arslanaliev Time

Khabib Nurmagomedov Time
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Dec 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Nov 2017

Postby Blacksheep » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:20 am

PainDog wrote:Yeah these guys are HW's...and right now the HW division sucks...
There however, plenty of good and entertaining fighters in lighter weight classes...

The HW'S have sucked since Tyson went nuts..he was a amazing fighter for his time and for the people he fought till he went crazy. Nothing like the great ones from generations past...but still imo the last exciting HW....I love some of the lighter weight fighters though. Big Ricky Hatton fan.
"The Sheep's Pen"
Blacksheep

Postby Oldtoby420 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:40 am

Boxing = borefest, why do you think it's being pushed out by MMA.
Oldtoby420
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Postby batangastig » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:36 pm

Stand-up_Philosopher wrote:Thompson is a local hero where I`m from. I`m kinda disappointed hearing the bad news.

i wouldn't say hes a local hero here, but everybody knew he was going to lose to klitchko anyways. thompson said he didnt really want to do boxing, and was almost forced into it after his football dreams were over. i think he took the fight to get the 1 mil dollar paycheck.

Oldtoby420 wrote:Boxing = borefest, why do you think it's being pushed out by MMA.

yeah ur right oldtoby, boxing is being pushed out by mma right now, but later this year and 2009 boxing will be pushing back. the marg-cotto fight, hatton-malig, pacquiao-TBA for lightweight title, Calzaghe-TBA, Pavlik-TBA, pacquiao-hatton (expected to be bigger than floyd-oscar), oscar-TBA. yeah you are right with boxing = borefest in a lot of the fights recently, but the fights comming up this year and next year will hopefully deliver.
I'm gonna have to be killed before I lose, and I ain't going to die easy - Muhammad Ali
ImageImage
batangastig
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Oldtoby420 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:12 pm

Thats it though boxing is a borefest but a few cards a year that excite ppl then boxing fans gotta wait another year before seeing another card that will excite them. Compared to MMA that has practicaly atleast one card a month if not more out of 3-5 cards a month.
Oldtoby420
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Postby batangastig » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:00 pm

Oldtoby420 wrote:Thats it though boxing is a borefest but a few cards a year that excite ppl then boxing fans gotta wait another year before seeing another card that will excite them. Compared to MMA that has practicaly atleast one card a month if not more out of 3-5 cards a month.

you got a point there, there are a lot of people who are not hardcore boxing fans and only watch the big fights, so it really sucks for them.
I'm gonna have to be killed before I lose, and I ain't going to die easy - Muhammad Ali
ImageImage
batangastig
Black Belt
Black Belt

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.