Close
Login
Register

Rico's Log

Want to share your work out? this is the place to do it.

Re: Rico's Log

Postby Smith » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:52 am

You need to learn how to squat and deadlift.
THE MARSHAL OF MMALINKER

ImageImage

(22:02:00) Bagaman: wish i was an alligator
Smith
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Location: Comfortably between a dreary northern neighbor and a cantankerous southern frienemy.

Postby Rico Is A Beast » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:12 pm

not a squat guy, but do deadlifts on shoulder/ back days
Sigbet Record - 64 - 33
Last 10 bets - 8 - 2
1 Title Defense

Admin on The MMA Troll, The MMA Bulletin, & UFC "LIVE" Facebook pages, Follow us!
Rico Is A Beast
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Heavyweight Sig-Betting Champion, "The Invitational" tournament winner.

Postby Smith » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:12 am

You stiff leg, which is a big difference. Believe me, you're eventually going to look goofy if you don't squat. Also squat is going to increase all of your other lifts. Your body will end up producing more testosterone because of it and it really will strengthen your entire body more overall.
THE MARSHAL OF MMALINKER

ImageImage

Smith
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Location: Comfortably between a dreary northern neighbor and a cantankerous southern frienemy.

Postby Rico Is A Beast » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:06 pm

no we don't do stiff leg, we does actual deadlifts, we tried stiff leg a few months ago for the first time but didn't like them as much....also, we don't have a squat rack where we lift, but we do weighted lunges which works just the same just can't be as heavy as a squat lift would be
Sigbet Record - 64 - 33
Last 10 bets - 8 - 2
1 Title Defense

Admin on The MMA Troll, The MMA Bulletin, & UFC "LIVE" Facebook pages, Follow us!
Rico Is A Beast
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Heavyweight Sig-Betting Champion, "The Invitational" tournament winner.

Postby Rico Is A Beast » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:21 pm

1-18-10
BI's

PREACHER CURL - 4 sets 10 65lbs
STRAIGHT BAR CURL - 4 sets 10 65lbs
FORWARD HAND CURL - 2 sets 10 65lbs
ALTERNATING CONCENTRATED CURLS - 3 consecutive sets in each arm 20 and 30lb dumbells
Sigbet Record - 64 - 33
Last 10 bets - 8 - 2
1 Title Defense

Rico Is A Beast
Mod Emeritus

Postby Rico Is A Beast » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:23 pm

1-20-10
Bench

135 x15 warm up
185 x 5
205 x 5
225 x 5
245 x 2
255 x 1
275 NEGATIVE
225 x 4
95lb dumbell 2 sets of 3
135 x 15 drop set
Sigbet Record - 64 - 33
Last 10 bets - 8 - 2
1 Title Defense

Rico Is A Beast
Mod Emeritus

Postby Smith » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:40 am

Well lunges don't work the same as squats, but you do what you have to do. Anything is better than nothing.
THE MARSHAL OF MMALINKER

ImageImage

Smith
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Postby detfilteg » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:25 pm

Smith wrote:Well lunges don't work the same as squats, but you do what you have to do. Anything is better than nothing.

I usually do both squats and lunges on the same day. I do squats very first though so I have all of my energy. Is it ok to do both of these on the same day?
wilfred wrote:We all have to make sacrifices, Ryan. Like the story of Jesus Christ. I'm sure the Roman soldiers wanted to hang out at the Pantheon and stare at tits all day, but they knew they had a duty to kill Jesus.
detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby Rico Is A Beast » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:37 pm

Smith wrote:Well lunges don't work the same as squats, but you do what you have to do. Anything is better than nothing.

of course, just working with what we have....don't have the cash for a gym membership
Sigbet Record - 64 - 33
Last 10 bets - 8 - 2
1 Title Defense

Rico Is A Beast
Mod Emeritus

Postby detfilteg » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:27 pm

Rico Is A Beast wrote:

of course, just working with what we have....don't have the cash for a gym membership

Craig's list is a great source for cheap weights and equipment if you are in need.
wilfred wrote:We all have to make sacrifices, Ryan. Like the story of Jesus Christ. I'm sure the Roman soldiers wanted to hang out at the Pantheon and stare at tits all day, but they knew they had a duty to kill Jesus.
detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby Rico Is A Beast » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:26 pm

well as i've said before, i lift with my cousin Justin at his house, he has his own weight room, but with the bench, treadmill, curl station etc, not really room for a squat rack.....but now that i think of it, i have another cousin that lives like 12 seonds down the road from Justin who does have a squat rack, i'm gonna look into that and see if i could start doing them down there
Sigbet Record - 64 - 33
Last 10 bets - 8 - 2
1 Title Defense

Rico Is A Beast
Mod Emeritus

Postby Smith » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:47 pm

Rico Is A Beast wrote:well as i've said before, i lift with my cousin Justin at his house, he has his own weight room, but with the bench, treadmill, curl station etc, not really room for a squat rack.....but now that i think of it, i have another cousin that lives like 12 seonds down the road from Justin who does have a squat rack, i'm gonna look into that and see if i could start doing them down there

Also you can always go up to the bench and just front squat. It's easy to bail from a front squat so safety isn't an issue really.

And Getliftedbackwards its perfectly fine to lunge on your squat day.
THE MARSHAL OF MMALINKER

ImageImage

Smith
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Previous

Return to Workout Logs