Close
Login
Register

strong wrestler

Wrestling, jujitsu, ground and pound or submit your opponent for the victory

strong wrestler

Postby tmoney2263 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:21 pm

im having trouble w a stronger bigger wrestler in class. im a bjj guy but he just lays on me and is stronger than me. any help at all would be great. thanks
fight record 1-1
tmoney2263
White Belt
White Belt

Re: strong wrestler

Postby SlamYouOnYourAss » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:48 pm

Be quick and try to roll him over you, but don't use too much energy. Keep him busy and he will run out of fuel.
SIG BET RECORD

1-0-0
SlamYouOnYourAss
White Belt
White Belt

Postby ThirdCoastCombat » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:56 pm

A lot of wrestlers are open for triangles when they try to pass. Open your gurad and see if you can bait him into one. Don't waste time/energy looking for sweeps, wrestlers' bases are usually too strong. If the triangle isn't open, keep his posture broken as best you can and when he fights to get it back T out for a quick arm bar
ThirdCoastCombat
Mod Emeritus

Postby tmoney2263 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:41 am

ya sounds good expect hes really braud so i cant get a triangle. perhaps ill try to go after a tepee. thanks any other input is appericated
fight record 1-1
tmoney2263
White Belt
White Belt

Postby halal pig » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:33 pm

always remember this principle: it is easier to move your self than the other person.
halal pig
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby ThirdCoastCombat » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:52 pm

halal pig wrote:always remember this principle: it is easier to move your self than the other person.

great advice. especially if hes stronger than you. manipulate yourself around him rather then trying to manipulate him.
ThirdCoastCombat
Mod Emeritus

Postby fighter155 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:21 pm

well ik that when i was a pure wrestler i was getting put in the guillotine like it was my job so that could help or yea the armbar and triangle seem 2 work on wrestlers as well just because of the motions were taught seem 2 come out of the bjj setup guide :lol:
"unless u continually work evolve and innovate u will learn a quick and painful lesson from someone who has"
LW- tyson

WW gsp

MW- nate, vitor

LHW- SHOGUN,

HW- big nog, carwin
fighter155
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby halal pig » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:52 pm

[quote="fighter155"]well ik that when i was a pure wrestler i was getting put in the guillotine like it was my job so that could help or yea the armbar and triangle seem 2 work on wrestlers as well just because of the motions were taught seem 2 come out of the bjj setup guide :lol:[/quote]

well wrestlers are easier to to put in leg locks. leg locks though are harder in general but if they are more familiar then there you go. usually isnt day 1 kinda stuff though so ur probably better off trying to use arm locks and chokes
halal pig
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby ksiggs » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:47 am

I just had a similar experience with a big wrestler who just kept trying to pin me from guard..I caught him in a couple armbars from guard...the same way bibiano fernandez did to warren or the typical fedor way...by which i mean belly down. I got really good at these just working on my hips and it always seems like wrestlers are so focused on pinning they leave their arms in..see coleman or warren.

These really work well for me and I think you should practice them and then try it out on the wrestler...I bet youll pull it off
If you want an example just watch fedor-coleman, fedor-hmc, or bibiano fernandez(i think thats his last name) vs warren..
best of luck and let me know if you pull it off
ksiggs
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby preacher » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:38 pm

Try and get him in a lockdown. I am able to work better on strong wrestlers when in half guard then stretch them out. If he is very adept at 10th planet..your screwed. :wink: :lol:
Psalm 144:1 - Blessed be the Lord my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle-
Sig Bets: 1-3

Thank God Caveman and Black Sheep are on the mend
preacher
Red Belt
Red Belt

Return to Ground Game