Close
Login
Register

Naga Tomorow!!!!!

Wrestling, jujitsu, ground and pound or submit your opponent for the victory

Naga Tomorow!!!!!

Postby Soccerdude99 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:34 pm

so siked to finally compete!. Anyone else going tomorow to watch or compete? And if someone could tell if there is a certain type of food that would be good for competing.
Soccerdude99
White Belt
White Belt

Re: Naga Tomorow!!!!!

Postby ThirdCoastCombat » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:19 pm

good luck man! make sure to let us know how it goes
ThirdCoastCombat
Mod Emeritus

Postby Soccerdude99 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:54 pm

i didnt do as well as i thought i would do =( i went 2 for 3. kinda sucked because i lost my last match by 2 points for the person passing my gaurd in the last 15 seconds. And the dumb ref gave me bronze at first so i took the pic under the 3rd place thing lol. but he later changed it. I won my first match by rear naked choke. My second By like 8-0 or 6-0. And the last i lost by2-0. O wel it was a learning experience. Everyone went alot harder then in regular training in my gym, but at the same time i was used to rolling with ppl who almost all the time had 20-30 lbs on me, so in a way it was kinda easier. But this year im doing wreslting for my highschool so i dont have to resort to constantly starting from my gaurd lmao. Ehh my naga experience was alright i guess, it was alot better then sum other ppl, i mean there was one kid who wen i swept him was constantly cursing lol. he didnt win one match and was really a sore loser in my opinion. But next time hopefully i will take home the gold.

I will try to post my vid of it but. Its not really to exciting to say the least lol.
Soccerdude99
White Belt
White Belt

Postby irishmike357 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:38 pm

2 of 3 is not bad man. My first Naga I went 1-1. I was actually going to go to this one, but had to take time off from training and could not get back in time. Where do you train? What division were you in? I do the adult 189 div.
Go leor uaireanta béal mans bhris a shrón

JHM
LHK
irishmike357
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Hall of Famer, Former Intercontinental and US Champ

Postby Soccerdude99 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:08 pm

i was in the 129lbs beginner division in the teen brackets
Soccerdude99
White Belt
White Belt

Postby irishmike357 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:15 pm

Soccerdude99 wrote:i was in the 129lbs beginner division in the teen brackets

Nice man, good luck in your future attempts. I will be trying to post up all the events that I know of in the area soon so keep an eye out for em, there were some cool ones over the summer like round robin and sub only matches.

JHM
LHK
irishmike357
Mod Emeritus

Postby Soccerdude99 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:20 pm

sounds good man thnx. Il probably upload my vids soon. even though their nothing special lol. Was kinda in gaurd 50-60 % of my fights lol. I didint really know how to do a takedown because in my gym we tend to just start off from our knees.I was mga nervous and for sum reason after my first match i was soooo tired even though it was only 5 min long. not like gasping but all my muscles felt like they were on fire and swelled up. Next i know i just have to train alot harder for competitions. OH And i train in Silver Fox BJJ.
Soccerdude99
White Belt
White Belt

Postby irishmike357 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Soccerdude99 wrote:sounds good man thnx. Il probably upload my vids soon. even though their nothing special lol. Was kinda in gaurd 50-60 % of my fights lol. I didint really know how to do a takedown because in my gym we tend to just start off from our knees.I was mga nervous and for sum reason after my first match i was soooo tired even though it was only 5 min long. not like gasping but all my muscles felt like they were on fire and swelled up. Next i know i just have to train alot harder for competitions. OH And i train in Silver Fox BJJ.

That shit happened to me too. I think it is about how you handle the stress of your first competition. My second Naga I went real hard and didn't even come close to gassing, and my cardio was not that much better.

JHM
LHK
irishmike357
Mod Emeritus

Return to Ground Game