Close
Login
Register

post lifting protein

From couch potato to Title Holder, what to eat to stay in top shape

Re: post lifting protein

Postby discoowl » Fri May 11, 2012 2:00 am

The T nation article is much better primarily due to the pics of hot women
PsychoBells wrote:How sad is it that a perfectly decent human being and warrior like Shogun gets hated-on by miserable autistic virgins? smh

25/25 LHK
discoowl
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby BerzerkerJr » Sun May 13, 2012 10:12 am

Fearless6691 wrote:
Berserker jr wrote:I've added 37 pounds in one and a half year without eating any additional protein what so ever, I do however eat a shitload of food per day.

Yeah my older brother added 50lbs after he quit college ball in about 3 months, what is your point lol?

My point is I don't believe eating additional protein is needed to gain muscles or recover better. Maybe It's personal. I don't need it.
BerzerkerJr
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby Mikal » Sun May 13, 2012 10:38 pm

Berserker jr wrote:
Fearless6691 wrote:
Berserker jr wrote:I've added 37 pounds in one and a half year without eating any additional protein what so ever, I do however eat a shitload of food per day.

Yeah my older brother added 50lbs after he quit college ball in about 3 months, what is your point lol?

My point is I don't believe eating additional protein is needed to gain muscles or recover better. Maybe It's personal. I don't need it.

When you have a full time job, a girlfriend/wife, kids, or whatever other responsibilities, it's almost impossible to prepare the full meals needed to reach your macronutrient goals to put on that much muscle mass. Putting on fat is easy, the muscle mass not so much. Of course proteins and stuff are just to SUPPLEMENT your diet, hence the name supplements, so no they aren't "needed," but they damn well help.
= = =
Mikal's Top 25 Throwback Fights of All Time || Dagestan & Chechen MMA ||
Newest Prospect Watch: Max Nunes (updated: April 14th, 2013)
MMALinker's Discovered Prospects List || The Jacare Souza vs Roger Gracie BJJ Rivalry
= = =
Lost my Mark Hunt account bet. Not making a new account. Been fun, Linker! I'll be around chat on fight nights sometimes.
= = =
Mikal
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby timbercutter » Sun May 13, 2012 10:48 pm

Berserker jr wrote:
Fearless6691 wrote:

dude the pic u posted with the chainsaw...your a skinny fuck....looks like you do need it.........
Warming the Earth, one tree at a time
Hail the return of DUNCAN!
SIG BETS @ 12-3
Fuck Kusok
timbercutter
bad ass

Location: Below a cold desolate country, populated with former frenchmen and crack smokin mayors
Accolades: Real Life Bad Ass

Postby Fearless6691 » Mon May 14, 2012 3:39 am

Berserker jr wrote:
Fearless6691 wrote:

You don't get it?
I'm saying he got fat lol.
I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit.
Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.
"
_________________________________Muhammad Ali
Fearless6691
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby BerzerkerJr » Mon May 14, 2012 5:51 am

timbercutter wrote:
Berserker jr wrote:
Fearless6691 wrote:

dude the pic u posted with the chainsaw...your a skinny fuck....looks like you do need it.........

Whats the fuzz.. with the food I eat I get over 40g protein per day easily, I do a full time job and have a girlfriend. Those pics was just taken randomly from google.. Your trying to say it's not possible but maybe not for you, for me it works fine. I'm little over 6,2 230pounds.. working towards 250+..
BerzerkerJr
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby BerzerkerJr » Mon May 14, 2012 6:30 am

Want half naked gay pictures as proof?.................................... ... ............
BerzerkerJr
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby biscuits69 » Mon May 14, 2012 10:02 am

Berserker jr wrote:Want half naked gay pictures as proof?.................................... ... ............

yes
Most awesome fighters in the world
Carlos Condit
Chael Sonnen
Shogun Rua
Lyoto Machida
Dominick Cruz
Vitor Belfort
Urijah Faber
Bigfoot Silva
Junior Dos Santos
Brian Stann
Craig Wildman
biscuits69
1 Account Bet Win
1 Account Bet Win

Postby BerzerkerJr » Mon May 14, 2012 4:47 pm

You wanted it..

BerzerkerJr
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby timbercutter » Mon May 14, 2012 8:38 pm

^^^serk, I withdraw my comment.........well done
Warming the Earth, one tree at a time
Hail the return of DUNCAN!
SIG BETS @ 12-3
Fuck Kusok
timbercutter
bad ass

Location: Below a cold desolate country, populated with former frenchmen and crack smokin mayors
Accolades: Real Life Bad Ass

Postby Mikal » Mon May 14, 2012 11:11 pm

Berserker jr wrote:Whats the fuzz.. with the food I eat I get over 40g protein per day easily, I do a full time job and have a girlfriend. Those pics was just taken randomly from google.. Your trying to say it's not possible but maybe not for you, for me it works fine. I'm little over 6,2 230pounds.. working towards 250+..

40g of protein isn't a lot at all.. you're supposed to consume anywhere from .6g to 1g of protein per pound depending on your goals 40g.. That's like.. one shake? Proteins the building block of the human body so course protein powders will help. But obviously they aren't 100% required if your diet is in check.

No one is saying it isn't possible, but why not make it easier and spend the $40?
= = =
MMALinker's Discovered Prospects List || The Jacare Souza vs Roger Gracie BJJ Rivalry
= = =
Lost my Mark Hunt account bet. Not making a new account. Been fun, Linker! I'll be around chat on fight nights sometimes.
= = =
Mikal
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby Lsquared » Mon May 14, 2012 11:20 pm

Mikal wrote:
Berserker jr wrote:Whats the fuzz.. with the food I eat I get over 40g protein per day easily, I do a full time job and have a girlfriend. Those pics was just taken randomly from google.. Your trying to say it's not possible but maybe not for you, for me it works fine. I'm little over 6,2 230pounds.. working towards 250+..

40g of protein isn't a lot at all.. you're supposed to consume anywhere from .6g to 1g of protein per pound depending on your goals 40g.. That's like.. one shake? Proteins the building block of the human body so course protein powders will help. But obviously they aren't 100% required if your diet is in check.

No one is saying it isn't possible, but why not make it easier and spend the $40?

well tbh 40 grams seems to be working for him so why change it?

but i agree that it seems a bit low, maybe something is lost in translation here idk? i get about 30 grams of protein in a shake, anywhere from 15-40 from lean meats from a meal, but the formula a lot of the broscience guys will defer to is:

1 gram of protein per pound of body weight

for me that would be 175 grams of protein daily, now i dont keep track but i dont adhere to broscience either, i eat meat 1x a day, 2 whey isolate shakes per day, and get the rest of my calories from nuts, fruit, veggies, grains etc

i eat like a motherfucker at least 6xs per day always snacking on something, but my work is physical and i exercise everyday probably around 3k-5k calories every day...
Truth Does Not Demand Belief
68-18 - 7-3
Lsquared
Propaganda Agent

Accolades: Former Heavyweight Sig-Betting Champion

Postby Mikal » Mon May 14, 2012 11:26 pm

Lsquared wrote:
Mikal wrote:

well tbh 40 grams seems to be working for him so why change it?

but i agree that it seems a bit low, maybe something is lost in translation here idk? i get about 30 grams of protein in a shake, anywhere from 15-40 from lean meats from a meal, but the formula a lot of the broscience guys will defer to is:

1 gram of protein per pound of body weight

for me that would be 175 grams of protein daily, now i dont keep track but i dont adhere to broscience either, i eat meat 1x a day, 2 whey isolate shakes per day, and get the rest of my calories from nuts, fruit, veggies, grains etc

i eat like a motherfucker at least 6xs per day always snacking on something, but my work is physical and i exercise everyday probably around 3k-5k calories every day...

Tbh 1g per bodyweight isn't much at all, and you probably do consume around your bodyweight in protein based on what you just said. Getting your bodyweight in protein isn't difficult especially if you're eating enough to maintain 220 plus lbs. And sure, it may be working, but why not change it if it'll help improve? There's no way adding more protein to his diet will hurt. No way in hell. And I wouldn't call it broscience; I get all my nutriton/weight lifting information from credible sources, not just 500 post posters on bodybuilding.com or whatever that dude on steroids says at the gym.
= = =
= = =
= = =
Mikal
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby biscuits69 » Mon May 14, 2012 11:36 pm

i believe its anywhere from .8 - 2 grams per lean body mass (muscle)
not bodyweight
Most awesome fighters in the world
Carlos Condit
Chael Sonnen
Shogun Rua
Lyoto Machida
Dominick Cruz
Vitor Belfort
Urijah Faber
Bigfoot Silva
Junior Dos Santos
Brian Stann
Craig Wildman
biscuits69
1 Account Bet Win
1 Account Bet Win

Postby Lsquared » Mon May 14, 2012 11:50 pm

^

i understand i just think sometimes too much emphasis is put on protein consumption in excess...

i have a buddy that puts like 3 scoops of powder in his shakes for like 60-70 grams of protein, when the body can only digest 20-40 grams per serving every couple of hours, the rest is just extra calories and hard on your kidneys.

i wasnt accusing you of being a bro mikal, im just referring to meatheads in general, iirc ive seen pics of you and you were pretty thin/skinny so not a typical meathead per se?

for the record best p4p protein is eggs, cottage cheese is second, but you have to watch the sodium intake and some people are lactose intolerant...
Truth Does Not Demand Belief
68-18 - 7-3
Lsquared
Propaganda Agent

Accolades: Former Heavyweight Sig-Betting Champion

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition