Close
Login
Register

Poll: Are you a moron?

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Was it real or fixed?

Fake (I have 2 eyes and a rudimentary knowledge of fighting)
50%
Real (I'm a moron and I've never thrown a punch in my life)
50%

Total votes : 12

Re: Poll: Are you a moron?

Postby Shuck » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:46 pm

the 1st & the 3rd / final Ko ...

1st: 1:37sec

3rd: 2:39sec :lol: I can't .. you can even see how floyd pulls back on the punch

Put setting at .5 speed

The comments below the vid are on point & priceless .. "The disrespect of not even trying to make it look real is hilarious" sums it up
Shuck

Postby PBells » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:14 pm

https://www.mmamania.com/2019/1/2/18164 ... xed-idiots

Someone at MMAmania weighs in and asks the same question I did (that no one has answered, by the way): what's the payoff? Bovada was the only site that had odds on this exhibition and they were just for outright winner. Floyd was a -340 favorite. There'd be a bit of an argument if there were lines for Floyd winning in the first round with big returns.

Also, seems two of the loudest advocates of this theory, Schaub and Robin Black, are known Conor fanboys and are probably still butthurt Floyd beat him. :lol:
PBells
Pick-Em Champion
Pick-Em Champion

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2017, June 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Sep. 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2016
Pick-Em Champion: May 2019 (Inaugural), June 2019

Postby Mr Meow » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:55 pm

Not getting into the physical components of this. I am not responding to the analysis of the fight video

However

What is the incentive for this on Rizin, Tenshin's and Mayweather's part?

Did Rizin really need to coax Mayweather into this fight so they could sell more ppvs and tickets by planning a fixed fight?

Why would Tenshin agree? What possibly does he gain from this?

Mayweather....what does he gain? Why risk participating in a fixed fight and ruin your legacy for 84 million when you already are a billionaire?

I do not see the logic behind this to be honest. Again not including the fight footage.
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
3rd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov/Dec 2015, Jan/Apr/May/Nov 2016
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb/Nov 2018
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x3)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:03 pm

Mr Meow wrote:Not getting into the physical components of this. I am not responding to the analysis of the fight video

However

Did Rizin really need to coax Mayweather into this fight so they could sell more ppvs and tickets by planning a fixed fight?

Mayweather....what does he gain? Why risk participating in a fixed fight and ruin your legacy for 84 million when you already are a billionaire?

I do not see the logic behind this to be honest. Again not including the fight footage.

Mr Meow...You have fought countless times against hunderds of Kangaroos,some times more than one at a time..

You have taken a poop in thousands of bowls filled with milk and cereals.

You have been offended like a pro,so many times.

You are the all time winner in le Leagues of guessing

You mastered all these arts.......but you don't get this simple bussiness move from RIZIN.

2 months ago... Only former Pride Fans and Japanese people knew about RIZIN.

Now the RIZIN brand is known world wide.

Mayweather is the biggest name out there,if not Conor.
Last edited by EvilGorilla69+1 on Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[quote]الحمدالله

لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله

EvilGorilla69+1
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Survivor (as The Smurf)

Postby Mr Meow » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:16 pm

EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:
Mr Meow wrote:Not getting into the physical components of this. I am not responding to the analysis of the fight video

However

Mr Meow...You have fought countless times against hunderds of Kangaroos,some times more than one at a time..

You have taken a poop in thousands of bowls filled with milk and cereals.

You have been offended like a pro,so many times.

You are the all time winner in le Leagues of guessing

You mastered all these arts.......but you don't get this simple bussiness move from RIZIN.

2 months ago... Only former Pride Fans and Japanese people knew about RIZIN.

Now the [b]RIZIN brand is known world wide.
[/b]

Mayweather is the biggest name out there,if not Conor.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree Rizin is much bigger and more well known now.

There card with Tenshin as main event in September did 27,000 at Saitama and the NYE one did 32,000.

So yeah Rizin stood to make a lot of money from Mayweather

However I do not see the connection between that and this fight being fixed. Would Mayweather only agree if tenshin agreed to fix it? Seems unlikely to me. So yeah Rizin getting Mayweather to agree to a boxing bout was huge for their business but I do not see how that connects to this fight being fixed.

Rizin stood to gain a lot from Mayweather participation. I just do not believe he only participated because he was assured Tenshin would throw it.
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow

Survivor (x3)

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:42 pm

fight looked shady as fuck cause the difference in the skill between these fighters was immense. I do not believe it was fixed. It would make 0 sense. And this.......that they would have sacrifised their best fighter for no reason,making 0 sense.... makes me 2 times more confident that it wasn't fixed,after all.

But first time I watched it,I was like...de fuck....??The last knockdown,for instance...its the left hook that stuns him and then the str8 right connects awkwardly on the forehead and it makes it almost comical.

Anyway....It seems like it could have been a war if the asian prodigy could use kicks and knees.
[quote]الحمدالله

لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله

EvilGorilla69+1
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Survivor (as The Smurf)

Postby asdfghjkl » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:56 pm

here are some points on how it could easily be fixed.

-they could not afford Mayweather for a real boxing match

-Mayweather has too much pride to fake lose even for 100 million (imo)

-Mayweather doesn't want to fight real fights anymore.

-everyone knew it was a show before the fight was even put together.

-rizin is a joke in some areas. ie. gabi Garcia.

so would Floyd take a 'real'(exhibition) boxing match for 9 million or a REAL boxing match for 300 million?

tenshin isn't that big of a star and bringing floydd in to put on a show only brought more eyes to rizin. no one loses.

imagine if Floyd didn't have as much pride as he did and he let tenshin win. boxing would plummet more than rizin would go up and floydds aura is a billion dollar aura while tenshin is a thousand dollar aura.

tenshin doesn't carry the organization and he is disposable/sacrificial to someone like floydd who will bring in a lot of advertisement.
also tenshin gains more starpower from this no matter what.
asdfghjkl
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby DeceptaCon » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:14 pm

IT WAS FIXED YOU FUCKING MORONS!
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor

Postby Mr Meow » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:54 pm

Not trying to get into it with the OP or anyone who shares his view on this. I have quite enjoyed the threads you have been posting the last few weeks to be quite frankly actually

Anyways

If it was fixed, Mayweather either still hit the fuck out of him anyways or he had no clue and Tenshin allowed himself to get hit very hard

You can hear these punches land pretty hard. Especially the first left hook.

https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/stat ... 4234041344

Anyone feel free to tell me your opinion on this video. I am open to either solidifying my opinion on the matter or changing it entirely. :tup:
Mr Meow

Survivor (x3)

Postby DeceptaCon » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:38 pm

Mr Meow wrote:Not trying to get into it with the OP or anyone who shares his view on this. I have quite enjoyed the threads you have been posting the last few weeks to be quite frankly actually

Anyways

If it was fixed, Mayweather either still hit the fuck out of him anyways or he had no clue and Tenshin allowed himself to get hit very hard

Anyone feel free to tell me your opinion on this video. I am open to either solidifying my opinion on the matter or changing it entirely. :tup:

First of all it was an exhibition so it being fixed isn't that far fetched. By definition the rules were set up to exhibit Floyd's boxing skills kinda of like when Hulk Hogan beat the shit out of Rocky in a exhibition bout, you know Rocky 3 your favorite movie? Second of all the win loss results don't count so it also makes it a not real fight for the record books which equals fake. It really doesn't matter what happened during the fight because it was already fixed beforehand. It was just for publicity and for the fans, you know like politics on the national level Republican vs Democratic blah blah blah the results are already fixed. Hilary durrhh durrp but Trump durr durpp oh nobody wants to build a wall to protect their own country durrpp dupppee.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DeceptaCon
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Survivor

Postby Shuck » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:43 pm

DeceptaCon wrote:
Mr Meow wrote:Not trying to get into it with the OP or anyone who shares his view on this. I have quite enjoyed the threads you have been posting the last few weeks to be quite frankly actually

Anyways

First of all it was an exhibition so it being fixed isn't that far fetched. By definition the rules were set up to exhibit Floyd's boxing skills kinda of like when Hulk Hogan beat the shit out of Rocky in a exhibition bout, you know Rocky 3 your favorite movie? Second of all the win loss results don't count so it also makes it a not real fight for the record books which equals fake. It really doesn't matter what happened during the fight because it was already fixed beforehand. It was just for publicity and for the fans, you know like politics on the national level Republican vs Democratic blah blah blah the results are already fixed. Hilary durrhh durrp but Trump durr durpp oh nobody wants to build a wall to protect their own country durrpp dupppee.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

:lol: .. If a majority of Linker thought it was a fix I'd lose my shit, The Twilight Zone never fails :tup:
Shuck

Postby bruins2012 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:37 am

Floyd was much bigger, a much much better boxer and y’all are forgetting that we don’t see Floyd be offensive and walk other world class boxers down. Floyd is one of the most talented boxers in history and is more than capable of walking down a kick-boxer in a boxing match, especially one that he has a large weight advantage against. He put his gloves up and simply just walked down the smaller fighter.
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Postby PBells » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:21 am

Anything to discredit the GOAT, TBE, Money Mayweather.

:P
PBells
Pick-Em Champion
Pick-Em Champion

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2017, June 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Sep. 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2016
Pick-Em Champion: May 2019 (Inaugural), June 2019

Postby Mr Meow » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:43 am

bruins2012 wrote:Floyd was much bigger, a much much better boxer and y’all are forgetting that we don’t see Floyd be offensive and walk other world class boxers down. Floyd is one of the most talented boxers in history and is more than capable of walking down a kick-boxer in a boxing match, especially one that he has a large weight advantage against. He put his gloves up and simply just walked down the smaller fighter.

:pointup: This :tup:
Mr Meow

Survivor (x3)

Postby DeceptaCon » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:06 am

Mr Meow wrote:
bruins2012 wrote:Floyd was much bigger, a much much better boxer and y’all are forgetting that we don’t see Floyd be offensive and walk other world class boxers down. Floyd is one of the most talented boxers in history and is more than capable of walking down a kick-boxer in a boxing match, especially one that he has a large weight advantage against. He put his gloves up and simply just walked down the smaller fighter.

:pointup: This :tup:

This would clearly be the answer if the fight were not an exhibition and Floyd wasn't given the green light to beat the shit out of the other participant. At least with Conor he had to respect him for the 1st four rounds. Dude was crying after the loss because he thought it was going to be an exhibition fight which didn't allow kicks and Floyd destroyed him. Floyd will always have the upperhand in any contest because he is more worried about his record/legacy than GSP.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DeceptaCon
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to MMA Discussion