Close
Login
Register

Peyton Manning: The Steve Nash of the NFL

Discuss any and all non-combat sports here.

Peyton Manning: The Steve Nash of the NFL

Postby agonzalez1 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:37 am

Peyton Manning is the Steve Nash of the NFL. He gets all the glory, but none of the gold.

While Manning "sealed his legacy" with a Superbowl Victory over the Bears, was that due to Mr. Regular Season's outstanding talent during the postseason of that year?

No.

In the post season Manning Racked up an IMPRESSIVE 3 TDs to 6, count 'em, SIX I-N-T's. Mr Regular Season failed to be that MVP when it mattered most.

The Colts DEFENSE and Adam Vinatieri had to step up to make up for the underwhelming performance of Peyton Manning.

Enter Tony Romo:

In Romo's 2nd game as a starter, he performed the unthinkable:

The then undefeated Colts (9-0), led by Peyton Manning, FELL to Mr. Romo's Cowboys, 21-14.

Romo took over as the starting QB in 2006, where he made the playoffs his first year, but lost to the Seahawks. Peyton made it to the playoffs his second year, and lost.

In 2009, only his 3rd year as the Starter for the entire season, Romo has led his team to it's first playoff victory since the 90s. Peyton Manning took 6 seasons before he won his first playoff game.

Enter Mark Sanchez

Mark Sanchez, Rookie, Took the Jets to victory in the post season. Manning who was drafted #1 Overall....went 3-13 with 28 INTs to NOT make the playoffs. Sanchez had 28% fewer INT's, and way more Victories, seeing as how he made the playoffs.
Agonzalez1: MMAlinker's first 2 Time Interim Champion and your NEW MMALinker World Champion!!!!
agonzalez1
World Champion
World Champion

Accolades: Hall of Famer

Re: Peyton Manning: The Steve Nash of the NFL

Postby bigdex74 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:44 am

Manning had to carry his team his rookie year just to win 3 games. Sanchez threw 6 INTs against the lowly Bills. Sanchez also has the number 1 ranked defense in the league. Plus it's easy not to throw picks when you throw the ball a wholloping 6 times.
Marijuana Smoking Extraordinaire

Mr. Rager

#TeamHeel
1. BJ
2. King Mo
3. Ben "Smooth"
4. Bones Jones
5. Dan Hardy

23-22-1
bigdex74
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby agonzalez1 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:46 am

bigdex74 wrote:Manning had to carry his team his rookie year just to win 3 games. Sanchez threw 6 INTs against the lowly Bills. Sanchez also has the number 1 ranked defense in the league. Plus it's easy not to throw picks when you throw the ball a wholloping 6 times.

Sanchez carried his team to the playoffs and won.
Agonzalez1: MMAlinker's first 2 Time Interim Champion and your NEW MMALinker World Champion!!!!
agonzalez1
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Castrated Rhino » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:06 am

I somewhat see what you're getting at, but all I got from this is that Mark Sanchez is pretty much a badass, WAR Cowboys, and the Colts are gonna lose their first playoff game :twisted:.

So yea, when the Cowboys play the Jets in the Super Bowl this year, I won't know who to go for.

Yes I said when
Castrated Rhino
Invisible Belt

Postby bigdex74 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:13 am

agonzalez1 wrote:
bigdex74 wrote:Manning had to carry his team his rookie year just to win 3 games. Sanchez threw 6 INTs against the lowly Bills. Sanchez also has the number 1 ranked defense in the league. Plus it's easy not to throw picks when you throw the ball a wholloping 6 times.

Sorry he carried nothing.

Wk 11: vs NWE 8/21 136 yds 1 TD 4 INT
Wk 12: vs CAR 13/17 154 yds 0 TD 1 INT
Wk 13: vs BUF 7/15 104 yds 1 TD
Wk 14: DNP
Wk 15: vs ATL 18/32 226 yds 1 TD 3 INT
Wk 16: vs IND 12/19 106 yds
Wk 17: vs CIN 8/16 63 yds

As you can see not very impressive numbers going into the playoffs. That defense carried them into the playoffs.
Marijuana Smoking Extraordinaire

Mr. Rager

#TeamHeel
1. BJ
2. King Mo
3. Ben "Smooth"
4. Bones Jones
5. Dan Hardy

23-22-1
bigdex74
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby PainDog » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:45 am

I dont know anything about football....

but I know I dislike Peyton Manning a great deal...

and I dont know who the hell Sanchez is.....

but I am inclined to like him better than Manning just based upon him having the name Sanchez.

and yes, I apologize to you all, for this is a useless post regarding a topic I really dont have any knowledge on, so ignore it...and...as I said...accept my apology.

Damir Ismagulov Time

Saygid Arslanaliev Time

Khabib Nurmagomedov Time
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Dec 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Nov 2017

Postby Iceman54 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:41 pm

hawdrigoh wrote:Linker is the best site. Hands down. It doesn't need "a chance". Anyone that thinks otherwise can fuck right off.

PBells wrote:
AXEMELL wrote:Dave Mayhew ‏@Creamjack138 17 Jun 2015 View translation
MMALINKER? more like NGRFGTLINKER
Well in that case, fuck him, his wife, and his kid. :lol:
Iceman54
Middleweight Sig-Betting Champion
Middleweight Sig-Betting Champion

Accolades: Hall of Famer, Master Detective, Former HW Champion
April 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion
June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby ChronicMike » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:33 pm

PainDog wrote:I dont know anything about football....

but I know I dislike Peyton Manning a great deal...

and I dont know who the hell Sanchez is.....

but I am inclined to like him better than Manning just based upon him having the name Sanchez.

and yes, I apologize to you all, for this is a useless post regarding a topic I really dont have any knowledge on, so ignore it...and...as I said...accept my apology.

Plus one

Wanderlei Silva
Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
Anderson Silva

7-0

FS
ChronicMike
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby agonzalez1 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:11 pm

bigdex74 wrote:
agonzalez1 wrote:

Sorry he carried nothing.

Wk 11: vs NWE 8/21 136 yds 1 TD 4 INT
Wk 12: vs CAR 13/17 154 yds 0 TD 1 INT
Wk 13: vs BUF 7/15 104 yds 1 TD
Wk 14: DNP
Wk 15: vs ATL 18/32 226 yds 1 TD 3 INT
Wk 16: vs IND 12/19 106 yds
Wk 17: vs CIN 8/16 63 yds

As you can see not very impressive numbers going into the playoffs. That defense carried them into the playoffs.

Manning threw a league-high 28 INT's his rookie season, Sanchez didn't throw that many.

Sanchez made the playoffs, Manning did not...

He can have all the accolades he wants...in the regular season...he isn't a clutch QB in the playoffs as evidenced by him sucking with his defense carrying him to the superbowl.
agonzalez1
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Lsquared » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:03 pm

agonzalez1 wrote:

im pretty sure thomas jones carried this team...

and also my fantasy football team to glory, for a $600.00 jackpot. :lol:
Truth Does Not Demand Belief
68-18 - 7-3
Lsquared
Propaganda Agent

Accolades: Former Heavyweight Sig-Betting Champion

Postby TRL » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:08 pm

agonzalez1 wrote:Peyton Manning is the Steve Nash of the NFL. He gets all the glory, but none of the gold.

While Manning "sealed his legacy" with a Superbowl Victory over the Bears, was that due to Mr. Regular Season's outstanding talent during the postseason of that year?

No.

In the post season Manning Racked up an IMPRESSIVE 3 TDs to 6, count 'em, SIX I-N-T's. Mr Regular Season failed to be that MVP when it mattered most.

The Colts DEFENSE and Adam Vinatieri had to step up to make up for the underwhelming performance of Peyton Manning.

Enter Tony Romo:

In Romo's 2nd game as a starter, he performed the unthinkable:

The then undefeated Colts (9-0), led by Peyton Manning, FELL to Mr. Romo's Cowboys, 21-14.

Romo took over as the starting QB in 2006, where he made the playoffs his first year, but lost to the Seahawks. Peyton made it to the playoffs his second year, and lost.

In 2009, only his 3rd year as the Starter for the entire season, Romo has led his team to it's first playoff victory since the 90s. Peyton Manning took 6 seasons before he won his first playoff game.

Enter Mark Sanchez

Mark Sanchez, Rookie, Took the Jets to victory in the post season. Manning who was drafted #1 Overall....went 3-13 with 28 INTs to NOT make the playoffs. Sanchez had 28% fewer INT's, and way more Victories, seeing as how he made the playoffs.

your talkin about guys like romo and sanchez being in the same league or better than manning. those guys are a little wet behind the ears to be considered along with manning. it's apples and oranges man. lets see where sanchez and romo are in 5 years. even freeking collinsworth last season was callin matt ryan "matty ice" calling him the next big thing along with flaco. and flaco's last game consisted of 4-10 for 30 something yards. romo is good but he's also a choke artist and sanchez is good for what the jets need him for since they are mainly a running team. peyton manning completely wrecks fools. nobody on defense can figure out what the heck he's babbling at the line.about he burns safety's with pump fakes all day. not to mention he still has plenty of years in him and he's workin with top notch rookies. and don't even get me started on dallas clark and reggie wayne. you can't discredit peyton manning. it's like saying fedor isn't the #1 heavyweight in the world.
Sig Record 59-38-1
Lookin to bet someone BIG for my 100th sig bet
TRL
1st Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Former HW Champion

Postby Triley » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:27 pm

So the other day im blowing this guy behind a 7-11
Triley, Cleaning up the streets of MMALinker

(04:15:07) mbb: I remember this goth guy telling me once that he trained in 7 different types of martial arts
(04:15:19) mbb: Was totally legit looking back on it
Triley
5th Professional Linker Victory

Postby TRL » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:34 pm

Triley wrote:So the other day im blowing this guy behind a 7-11

whatever
Sig Record 59-38-1
Lookin to bet someone BIG for my 100th sig bet
TRL

Accolades: Former HW Champion

Postby Triley » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:42 pm

throneroomlush wrote:
Triley wrote:So the other day im blowing this guy behind a 7-11

whatever

I figured a retarded Agonz post about Texas and Mexicans deserved a retarded reply.
Triley, Cleaning up the streets of MMALinker

(04:15:07) mbb: I remember this goth guy telling me once that he trained in 7 different types of martial arts
(04:15:19) mbb: Was totally legit looking back on it
Triley

Next

Return to The "Club House"