Close
Login
Register

Perfect Pushups

Discuss the gear and equipment you have used to be successful

Perfect Pushups

Postby RubenATC » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:04 am

Hey you guys i think should try this one out, i've used it for a while and it works out a lot more muscles than a regular pushup and it has a really smooth motion which reduced the risk of injuries. I think they're like 40 bucks but they are worth it, and there are several pushup variations for whatever muscle group u want to focus on.
RubenATC
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt

Re: Perfect Pushups

Postby ThirdCoastCombat » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:43 pm

ive never used em before, but ill definitely keep em in mind next time i have 40 extra bucks
ThirdCoastCombat
Mod Emeritus

Postby TheBeast » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:38 pm

really? i see that informercial and i just laugh "ITS JUST LIKE A PUNCH!" but if you say it's good, than i'll make sure to check it out.
TheBeast
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby RubenATC » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:55 pm

TheBeast wrote:really? i see that informercial and i just laugh "ITS JUST LIKE A PUNCH!" but if you say it's good, than i'll make sure to check it out.

yea its pretty good and helps build ur tricepts really nicely which helps with striking
RubenATC
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt

Postby halal pig » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:04 pm

i hear it could tear ur rotator cuffs like that
halal pig
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby RubenATC » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:17 pm

halal pig wrote:i hear it could tear ur rotator cuffs like that

i've been using them for about 7 months and i havent had the slightest of injury with them, unless ur fooling around and doing something dangerous with them im pretty sure ur ok
RubenATC
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt

Postby danehoy » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:20 am

I spent four years in the armed forces, and like every other enlisted guy on this site, I will tell you that you do not need a gadget to do perfect push ups. I Think that something like that will actually hinder you because it makes all the variations of push ups nearly impossible because you haven't trained your muscles. Repetition of proper push ups is the best way to do the perfect push up. Keep your body in line and lower it as a single unit with your eyes looking straight ahead (not down) to ensure good alignment. If it is hard, you are probably doing it right.
boiler81 wrote:Imagine this on my anus.

broiler81 wrote:...phuck your sig, yeah I said it. :Holy:
danehoy
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby RubenATC » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:07 pm

danehoy wrote:I spent four years in the armed forces, and like every other enlisted guy on this site, I will tell you that you do not need a gadget to do perfect push ups. I Think that something like that will actually hinder you because it makes all the variations of push ups nearly impossible because you haven't trained your muscles. Repetition of proper push ups is the best way to do the perfect push up. Keep your body in line and lower it as a single unit with your eyes looking straight ahead (not down) to ensure good alignment. If it is hard, you are probably doing it right.

i dont think u have seen or know how the perfect pushup works, with the perfect pushups you rotate your arms thus engaging more muscles, I think ur thinking about how to do a regular pushup the right way or something like that, u have to check out the "perfect pushup" to know what im talkin about
RubenATC
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt

Postby TKDfighter » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:24 am

halal pig wrote:i hear it could tear ur rotator cuffs like that

Tore up my rotator playing baseball and the physical therapist suggested these when I wanted to take my rehab to the next level and work more on my own so that is false.

I have them and actually like them alot.
"Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances."
- Benjamin Franklin
TKDfighter
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby D-RawK » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:04 pm

Just buy free weights and do the same movements?
--------------------------------------
THE SHOGUN ERA IS HERE. 19-3 FS
War Wandy Shogun Nog Brothers Fedor Arlovski Jardine Cro Cop Leben Maia Hazelett ABBOTT Gracies Mayhem Smith
D-RawK
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby halal pig » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:02 am

this store nearby is goin out of buisness and sellin em for 20. i just dont really know if its much of a difference. if it was a perfect pull up on sale i wouldve bought it no question but these i dont know. there were still a few left and i dont think the stores going out for a few more weeks so im ganna wait till the sales drop more unless anyone thinks this is a cant miss.
halal pig
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Return to Gear and Equipment