Close
Login
Register

Paralaberal Tear

From couch potato to Title Holder, what to eat to stay in top shape

Paralaberal Tear

Postby slevin » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:17 pm

So I have a "Paralaberal Tear in my right shoulder and I was wondering if I could get some advice and/or if any on yall had experienced this? I have seen an orthopedist and he gave me two options. One of them was to take a cortisone and take some pills and do PT; the other was get surgery and do rehab afterwards. I would get surgery but the thing is I have weakness in my grip strength and I feel this numbing/burning and stinging pain on my scapula. The doctor said that he didn't know what that was and that surgery wasn't going to fix it. Also said that a labrum tear is not necessarily indicative of those things that I just mentioned. I just don't want to get surgery and still have to deal with those problems because I heard when you get shoulder surgery you get tightness in the shoulder and also you lose ROM. Joe Rogan always talks about how difficult is to recover from shoulder surgery as well. Also when you get surgery you basically have rebuild everything and you start from the bottom up. Your muscles naturally atrophy and I dont want have to deal with that pain as well as having a weak arm and a loss of ROM.
Sigbet: 51-35-4

Title Bets: 1-1

I actually picked this fucking guy over Nate Diaz lmao. When dipset speaks, listen.
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
Fantasy A-League Champion: May 2018, Nov. 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Dec 2017
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2017
2017 Fantasy Fix GP Champion

Re: Paralaberal Tear

Postby timbercutter » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:54 pm

u sure it's a paralabral tear?....I've had a S.L.A.P. tear of the labrum and it sucked asss!...after surgery I had to go 7+months before I was allowed to lift more than ten pounds...I had a nasty 3/4 anterior to posterior tear and because the blood flow to that area is so friggin low, rehab takes fuckin forever....at first my Dr. laughed at me and said I'd never be able to lift what (I'm a world class bencher) I used to...Fuck him!..I have destroyed my previous highs...My Dr. now asks me for rehab advice..which I did 100% on my own!...my in house rehab was all about getting blood and vicsera to the joint capsule...and today my right shoulder feels better than ever!

also--fuck the catabolic steroid (cortisone) shots!...while they make it feel better due to a reduction in inflamation...that shit is death to muscles!..very hard on ur entire bod specifically ur Muscles...hate to say it bro..but that shit aint gonna heal itself...you gotta get cut..........
Warming the Earth, one tree at a time
Hail the return of DUNCAN!
SIG BETS @ 12-3
Fuck Kusok
timbercutter
bad ass

Location: Below a cold desolate country, populated with former frenchmen and crack smokin mayors
Accolades: Real Life Bad Ass

Re: Paralaberal Tear

Postby slevin » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:11 am

timbercutter wrote:u sure it's a paralabral tear?....I've had a S.L.A.P. tear of the labrum and it sucked asss!...after surgery I had to go 7+months before I was allowed to lift more than ten pounds...I had a nasty 3/4 anterior to posterior tear and because the blood flow to that area is so friggin low, rehab takes fuckin forever....at first my Dr. laughed at me and said I'd never be able to lift what (I'm a world class bencher) I used to...Fuck him!..I have destroyed my previous highs...My Dr. now asks me for rehab advice..which I did 100% on my own!...my in house rehab was all about getting blood and vicsera to the joint capsule...and today my right shoulder feels better than ever!

also--fuck the catabolic steroid (cortisone) shots!...while they make it feel better due to a reduction in inflamation...that shit is death to muscles!..very hard on ur entire bod specifically ur Muscles...hate to say it bro..but that shit aint gonna heal itself...you gotta get cut..........

Yes im sure, why do you ask? Also how do you get blood in tho the shoulder?

btw sorry for responding late.
Sigbet: 51-35-4

Title Bets: 1-1

I actually picked this fucking guy over Nate Diaz lmao. When dipset speaks, listen.
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
Fantasy A-League Champion: May 2018, Nov. 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Dec 2017
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2017