Close
Login
Register

pacquiao-oscar

Discuss all other combat sports here.

pacquiao-oscar

Postby batangastig » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:23 am

so what do you guys think of this fight? i know this sucks a lot for de la hoya, but for pacquiao he has nothing to lose, and this is the reason why i "know" he will win the fight on december. freddie roach is the man behind this fight, and his confidence in pacquiao is enough for me. i deeply respect roach and his opinions, and if he says pacman can take it then he will take it.
I'm gonna have to be killed before I lose, and I ain't going to die easy - Muhammad Ali
ImageImage
batangastig
Black Belt
Black Belt

Re: pacquiao-oscar

Postby meyer1244 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:24 am

As much as I hate Boxing, I always support De La Hoya.
meyer1244
Mod Emeritus

Postby eggyegg » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:28 am

WAR Oscar!! :biggrin:
eggyegg
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Hall of Famer

Postby carson2121 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:09 pm

pacquiao is too fast and skilled.
gunswordfist wrote:Hbomb, hospital. Flying hammerfist, cemetery.
carson2121
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby Hag-Mash.V2 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:58 pm

Though i agree that Pacman is a beast,fast and is in his prime,I think Oscar is just too big for Pacman. Heaviest for Pac was 130.Heaviest for Oscar 160. If I remember correctly, Pac had no power at 130.Oscar has a stout beard and I don't think Pac can hurt him. Still this is an exciting fight I look forward to seeing.

I don't think this fight will get past 8rds.
My Pick
Oscar TKO 8thrd
Never follow a Puncher!!

HW - John Hess
LHW - Scott Morris
MW - Fred Ettish
Hag-Mash.V2
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby batangastig » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:40 pm

Hag-Mash.V2 wrote:Though i agree that Pacman is a beast,fast and is in his prime,I think Oscar is just too big for Pacman. Heaviest for Pac was 130.Heaviest for Oscar 160. If I remember correctly, Pac had no power at 130.Oscar has a stout beard and I don't think Pac can hurt him. Still this is an exciting fight I look forward to seeing.

I don't think this fight will get past 8rds.
My Pick
Oscar TKO 8thrd

pacman's heviest weight is 135 which was his last fight with diaz. in regards to him having no power at 135 would go against many people's opinions. people questioned how his power will transfer to the hevier weight classes, and his dominant performance against diaz showed that not only was he able to transfer that strength, but he was able to get stronger and faster. this dominant performance is the reason why he is the number 1 p4p instead of calzaghe. yes oscar is bigger, but as seen in his fight with forbes, he cant pull the trigger anymore. he got hit too many times in that fight and pacman is a much better boxer than forbes plus i dont think oscar will be able to handle pacman's speed and agression. i see this fight being similar to the marg-cotto fight. oscar will land the better punches, but pacman's constant pressure will take a tole on oscar's old body resulting in a late round stopage. plus pacman loves being an underdog, look at his first fight with barerra. he wasnt even suppose to beat the hall of famer and instead he made barerra's corner throw the towel. i know people are going to call me stupid for pickin pacquiao, but if rocky balboa could do it so can manny 'pacman' pacquiao

pacman is considered among the top five p4p power punchers in the world. here is a vid of his fight with diaz where that power is obviously seen.
I'm gonna have to be killed before I lose, and I ain't going to die easy - Muhammad Ali
ImageImage
batangastig
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby gigica1 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:10 am

it will be a good fight. speed and aggression vs. power and a great chin... My money is on Oscar ...
gigica1
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Jinzo » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:37 am

I can't wait for this fight, I'm picking Pacquiao.
Jinzo
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Hag-Mash.V2 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:13 am

batangastig wrote:
pacman's heviest weight is 135 which was his last fight with diaz. in regards to him having no power at 135 would go against many people's opinions. people questioned how his power will transfer to the hevier weight classes, and his dominant performance against diaz showed that not only was he able to transfer that strength, but he was able to get stronger and faster. this dominant performance is the reason why he is the number 1 p4p instead of calzaghe. yes oscar is bigger, but as seen in his fight with forbes, he cant pull the trigger anymore. he got hit too many times in that fight and pacman is a much better boxer than forbes plus i dont think oscar will be able to handle pacman's speed and agression. i see this fight being similar to the marg-cotto fight. oscar will land the better punches, but pacman's constant pressure will take a tole on oscar's old body resulting in a late round stopage. plus pacman loves being an underdog, look at his first fight with barerra. he wasnt even suppose to beat the hall of famer and instead he made barerra's corner throw the towel. i know people are going to call me stupid for pickin pacquiao, but if rocky balboa could do it so can manny 'pacman' pacquiao

pacman is considered among the top five p4p power punchers in the world. here is a vid of his fight with diaz where that power is obviously seen.

Great points. No one with any Boxing knowledge/maturity is gonna call anyone stupid for pickin Pac over Oscar. You clearly stated your opinion and it sounds very possible.

Pac > Forbes
Oscar > Diaz

I'm real curious how Pac is gonna react after tasting Oscar power ,it will be the hardest puncher Pac will face to date.

I also agree that Oscar is slow to pull the trigger now but....whats the last thing a fighter looses? Power. I think Oscar can land 1 punch and KO Pac...granted it may take Oscar 5/7 rds to catch that hummingbird.

Still,its a fight im so hype for.

Thanks again for the discussion.
Never follow a Puncher!!

HW - John Hess
LHW - Scott Morris
MW - Fred Ettish
Hag-Mash.V2
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.