Close
Login
Register

Official Religion Thread

Anything not MMA related goes here

Re: Official Religion Thread

Postby MurderfaceMMA » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:20 pm

willmma wrote:Shuck's efforts are paying dividends!

Sinead O'Connor converted to Islam this morning. Which raises a big philosophical question:

Team McGregor or Team Khabib?

Eww, she did? I guess we shouldnt be surprised. Shes nuttier than a Snickers bar.
MurderfaceMMA
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby exsanguinator » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:55 pm

MurderfaceMMA wrote:
willmma wrote:Shuck's efforts are paying dividends!

Sinead O'Connor converted to Islam this morning. Which raises a big philosophical question:

Team McGregor or Team Khabib?

Eww, she did? I guess we shouldnt be surprised. Shes nuttier than a Snickers bar.

Well, she fuckin hates the Pope so this isn't too surprising.
We all need some place we can go away to, some place where we can be who we should have been instead of who we are.
exsanguinator

Postby blackmetalcarson » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:04 am

She also apparently hates white people, says that non-Muslims are white, and then she was corrected by a few members of the Muslim community for her harsh comments.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/201 ... 912720002/
blackmetalcarson
Linker's Resident Asshole

Postby PBells » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:39 am

blackmetalcarson wrote:She also apparently hates white people, says that non-Muslims are white, and then she was corrected by a few members of the Muslim community for her harsh comments.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/201 ... 912720002/

Didn't take long for her to start alienating her new chosen group. :lol:
PBells
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2017, June 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Sep. 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2016
Pick-Em Champion: May 2019 (Inaugural), June 2019
Survivor Champion

Postby DeceptaCon » Wed May 08, 2019 5:15 pm

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
10th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor

Postby Legionarivs » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:40 am

What's the branch of islam Nurmagomedov is into? Sufi or Salafi? Chechnya and Dagestan gets cracked down on salafists as they form a threat to the Russia, so I doubt there's much info available if he was a salafist. Hopeful anyone can give me a good answer. No jokes please, this is the religious section and religious people might get offended by your laughter.
Legionarivs
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby PainDog » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:58 am

Legionarivs wrote:What's the branch of islam Nurmagomedov is into? Sufi or Salafi? Chechnya and Dagestan gets cracked down on salafists as they form a threat to the Russia, so I doubt there's much info available if he was a salafist. Hopeful anyone can give me a good answer. No jokes please, this is the religious section and religious people might get offended by your laughter.

This is a bit of a complicated question.

Historically the majority of the populations in the North Caucasus were Sufi. However, even just saying Sufi is a bit too broad because there are many schools of Sufism, and I am not sure which was the major school in the region.

Unfortunately as Saudi Arabia has risen in power Wahabism has started to replace Sufism in many regions including the Caucuses but also places like Bosnia and Algeria.

https://jamestown.org/program/is-sufi-i ... agestan-2/

I would say Khabib is likely just a Hanbali Sunni Muslim with certain leanings towards Sufism.
https://amenra.bandcamp.com

Damir Ismagulov Time

Saygid Arslanaliev Time

Khabib Nurmagomedov Time
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Dec 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Nov 2017

Postby DeceptaCon » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:53 pm

PainDog wrote:
Legionarivs wrote:What's the branch of islam Nurmagomedov is into? Sufi or Salafi? Chechnya and Dagestan gets cracked down on salafists as they form a threat to the Russia, so I doubt there's much info available if he was a salafist. Hopeful anyone can give me a good answer. No jokes please, this is the religious section and religious people might get offended by your laughter.

Historically the majority of the populations in the North Caucasus were Sufi. However, even just saying Sufi is a bit too broad because there are many schools of Sufism, and I am not sure which was the major school in the region.

Unfortunately as Saudi Arabia has risen in power Wahabism has started to replace Sufism in many regions including the Caucuses but also places like Bosnia and Algeria.

I would say Khabib is likely just a Hanbali Sunni Muslim with certain leanings towards Sufism.

You know what they say if you aren't Muslim then you ain't Shiite :smile:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor

Postby Legionarivs » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:45 am

PainDog wrote:

Interesting, thank you.
Legionarivs
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby bwawm » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:40 pm

DeceptaCon wrote:
PainDog wrote:

You know what they say if you aren't Muslim then you ain't Shiite :smile:

:gold: :gold: :lol:
bwawm
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Discussion