Close
Login
Register

Official Religion Thread

Anything not MMA related goes here

Re: Official Religion Thread

Postby Shaka Zulu » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:24 pm

Fair enough macie, but, if I may ask, what made you choose Catholicism? Or is it something you grew up with? Fill us in dude. All respects.
ImageImage
Dan Henderson said-" FUCK YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!"
Shaka Zulu
شاكا زولو

Postby maciejkargol » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:34 pm

shaka zulu wrote:Fair enough macie, but, if I may ask, what made you choose Catholicism? Or is it something you grew up with? Fill us in dude. All respects.

grew up with it. My whole family is religious. I was very religious as a child and growing up in high school, but just recently religion started taking a backseat in my life. There are just other things I rather experience now. But I respect all religions. I never say that one is wrong or one is right.
SURVIVOR POOL CHAMPION
maciejkargol
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Survivor

Postby NoneSoVile » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:28 pm

Welcome to the thread macie, glad to have your input man

If I can ask a question,
Don't you think your god is a little pissed that you're basically disobeying his set rules right now knowingly and willingly? :lol:

Also, Shaka I checked out that youtube vid, that's pretty fucked up man :lol: Fox News sucks balls!
Image Image
NoneSoVile
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby maciejkargol » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:32 pm

NoneSoVile wrote:Welcome to the thread macie, glad to have your input man

If I can ask a question,
Don't you think your god is a little pissed that you're basically disobeying his set rules right now knowingly and willingly? :lol:

Also, Shaka I checked out that youtube vid, that's pretty fucked up man :lol: Fox News sucks balls!

He's probably pissed but I'll be back and I'll be sorry for things I did. Its not that I'm putting religion completely aside. I still pray every night and hold my believes to heart. Just that right now, its not a big part of my life if you know what I mean. Its especially like this with life the way it is this day in age. I think as the years go one, you'll find less and less people who are religious.
SURVIVOR POOL CHAMPION
maciejkargol
Mod Emeritus

Postby maciejkargol » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:36 pm

maciejkargol wrote:
NoneSoVile wrote:Welcome to the thread macie, glad to have your input man

If I can ask a question,

He's probably pissed but I'll be back and I'll be sorry for things I did. Its not that I'm putting religion completely aside. I still pray every night and hold my believes to heart. Just that right now, its not a big part of my life if you know what I mean. Its especially like this with life the way it is this day in age. I think as the years go one, you'll find less and less people who are religious.

There are 4 parts of life. Spiritual, Physical, Sexual, and fuck i forgot the 4th one, mental I think. But at the age I'm at, physical and sexual are playing the biggest parts. I'm in college, I got a girl, puberty, caring about your appearance, etc. But as you grow old, your mental and spiritual parts take on a hold of your life, and your physical and sexual parts aren't as important as they once were.
SURVIVOR POOL CHAMPION
maciejkargol
Mod Emeritus

Postby NoneSoVile » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:36 pm

heh I like your style, ignoring god until you're done getting wasted/fuckin around :lol: Then when you get old and the end seems near, call up jesus for some salvation! :lol:
Just kidding of course, but just remember! There is only ONE unforgivable sin. You can denounce jesus or even god. but remember my religious friends, never reject the holy spirit. It's written in the scripture, there's no comming back from that!

I'll try it out.

I deny the holy spirit.

See I feel fine....Oh shit my house is on fire!!!!!!
No, not really.
Image Image
NoneSoVile
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby maciejkargol » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:39 pm

I'm not saying I'm denouncing God or Jesus or the Holy spirit. I'm just saying that religion isn't my main focus and there are millions of others in the same shoes as me right now. I'm young right now and I make mistakes and all. Wisdom comes with age. (and on a side note, I need my wisdom teeth to come in soon so i can get them ripped out :? )
SURVIVOR POOL CHAMPION
maciejkargol
Mod Emeritus

Postby NoneSoVile » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:49 pm

maciejkargol wrote:I'm not saying I'm denouncing God or Jesus or the Holy spirit. I'm just saying that religion isn't my main focus and there are millions of others in the same shoes as me right now. I'm young right now and I make mistakes and all. Wisdom comes with age. (and on a side note, I need my wisdom teeth to come in soon so i can get them ripped out :? )

I completely agree man. I just find it a little odd you have no interest in god until you actually need him, no biggie of course and i mean no offense by that. I think the vast majority of people who accept god into their lives are generally in a tight spot. Jail, sickness, fear etc. Having god on your side definately seems comforting. I won't rant though :lol: Yes wisdom teeth are brutal, I had a few friends get them taken out...Their faces were pretty fucked up for awhile :shock: Ouch!

Have you read any of mine and shaka's discussions macie?
Image Image
NoneSoVile
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby maciejkargol » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:53 pm

NoneSoVile wrote:
maciejkargol wrote:I'm not saying I'm denouncing God or Jesus or the Holy spirit. I'm just saying that religion isn't my main focus and there are millions of others in the same shoes as me right now. I'm young right now and I make mistakes and all. Wisdom comes with age. (and on a side note, I need my wisdom teeth to come in soon so i can get them ripped out :? )

I completely agree man. I just find it a little odd you have no interest in god until you actually need him, no biggie of course and i mean no offense by that. I think the vast majority of people who accept god into their lives are generally in a tight spot. Jail, sickness, fear etc. Having god on your side definately seems comforting. I won't rant though :lol: Yes wisdom teeth are brutal, I had a few friends get them taken out...Their faces were pretty fucked up for awhile :shock: Ouch!

Have you read any of mine and shaka's discussions macie?

I'm not talking about getting serious about religion at like 80 lol, more like at the age of 25-28. That's when I envision starting a family. But no, I haven't gotten the chance yet. But I will. I just wanted to give my 2 cents about where I am in my life cause I imagine that lots of people are in the same spot. And I feel that a lot of them seem to forget God completely once they grow out of the age where their parents hold there hands to church.

I've been sitting behind the computer all day today, so I'm gonna go lift for now.
SURVIVOR POOL CHAMPION
maciejkargol
Mod Emeritus

Postby Shaka Zulu » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:08 pm

:Holy: Man this thread is building some steam.

Well, None, you atleast have to give it to macie for his honesty. And I agree, a lot of people call on God only in time of need and find Him only when they're in a tight spot. My curiosity led me to him. Now I won't say that I am always praising Him day in and day out, but I recognize my blessings as much as I can. I also am guilty of being more sincere in my prayers during hard times, but that's what its about. That being said, don't think it stops at a prayer and I rely on God to do the rest for me. Prophet Mohammad said to the Muslims (thoughits hard to translate in English) "Live and put your trust in God". Basically meaning to do our part and put trust in God that He will give us what's best. Our provisions don't fall out of the sky. One thing George Carlin said in that video about "if God gave a shit about you you wouldn't be living in the street" or something like that. In all actuality, many of those people put themselves in those situations. I think too many people blame God for their problems when they're the cause of it. Free Will.

Also, the accepting if the holy spirit, or better yet, the Trinity, is also something that Paul came up with. The holy spirit in Islam is actually Angel Jabreel (Gabriel). We're not ordered to accept the holy spirit, or Trinity for that matter. Only the Oneness of Allah (God). Also, one last thing I would like to point out None, many people do the " I cursed God and He didn't punish me..." or something similar. Well, He wouldn't be considered Merciful and Oft Forgiving if He would punish us instantly when we do something wrong. It wouldn't make sense. As a matter of fact, this is spoken of in the Quran, stating," and Allah will not punish them and they still have time for repentance" (chapter 8 Spoils of War). I used to do the same thing back then.
ImageImage
Shaka Zulu
شاكا زولو

Postby maciejkargol » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:17 pm

shaka zulu wrote::Holy: Man this thread is building some steam.

Well, None, you atleast have to give it to macie for his honesty. And I agree, a lot of people call on God only in time of need and find Him only when they're in a tight spot. My curiosity led me to him. Now I won't say that I am always praising Him day in and day out, but I recognize my blessings as much as I can. I also am guilty of being more sincere in my prayers during hard times, but that's what its about. That being said, don't think it stops at a prayer and I rely on God to do the rest for me. Prophet Mohammad said to the Muslims (thoughits hard to translate in English) "Live and put your trust in God". Basically meaning to do our part and put trust in God that He will give us what's best. Our provisions don't fall out of the sky. One thing George Carlin said in that video about "if God gave a shit about you you wouldn't be living in the street" or something like that. In all actuality, many of those people put themselves in those situations. I think too many people blame God for their problems when they're the cause of it. Free Will.

Also, the accepting if the holy spirit, or better yet, the Trinity, is also something that Paul came up with. The holy spirit in Islam is actually Angel Jabreel (Gabriel). We're not ordered to accept the holy spirit, or Trinity for that matter. Only the Oneness of Allah (God). Also, one last thing I would like to point out None, many people do the " I cursed God and He didn't punish me..." or something similar. Well, He wouldn't be considered Merciful and Oft Forgiving if He would punish us instantly when we do something wrong. It wouldn't make sense. As a matter of fact, this is spoken of in the Quran, stating," and Allah will not punish them and they still have time for repentance" (chapter 8 Spoils of War). I used to do the same thing back then.

Since its hard times that bring many closer to God and their families and friends, well then thank God for hard times. :lol:
SURVIVOR POOL CHAMPION
maciejkargol
Mod Emeritus

Postby NoneSoVile » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:55 pm

Cheers Shaka and Macie! I definately appreciate the honesty and respect in this thread. Let's get this discussion going again!

I find it interesting that all these supernatural rewards/punishments we're supposed to be receiving never happen while we're alive. Whenever someone speaks to god, they're on top of a mountain and curiously enough, noone is around! I think I may have figured it out...The reason we don't get punished in life by god....Is because there is no god.

It's mythology taken out of context, a fabled story that wasn't supposed to stick. George Carlin was very serious and very right about religion. I completely agree, the majority of people are in absolute control of their own lives...but I thought, god was on our side? Doesn't he love us? Why does he let bad shit happen? Because he doesn't exist! Look at this fuckin planet. If this is the best god can do, I would be embarassed to ever worship a diety like him. A supreme being with the power to do ANYTHING, that transends time/space and has the ability to create everything from nothing... sits back and watches children get ripped apart by perverts as they scream out for him to save them...What the fuck is going on here? Don't give me this 'Oh god will take care of them in heaven.' nonsense...That's only a lie we tell the kids parents to comfort them.
The simple fact of god allowing horrible, brutal shit like this to even happen is a testament to my atheism. Trust me guys, if someone loved you and looked out for you, they wouldn't sit back and watch you burn to death.

Which is why I'm against the very concept of religion. I will never submit my will/time/money to an invisible, untraceable, illogical being.

"The invisible and the non-existant look very much alike."
Image Image
NoneSoVile
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Shaka Zulu » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:36 am

What's the purpose of being rewarded for a test when you are still taking the test. You take the test, complete it, turn it in and
you'll be graded. The more advanced the student, the harder the test, but the reward is that much better. Now, if you look at it on a grander scale, and let's say all this gibberish (religion) is true, and you "passed your test", you'd be rewarded what you were promised. But you won't know until you're done with your test. Maybe its true, and I'll either pass or fail, or, which wouldn't be all that bad imo, we die and that's it. Nobody knows so we can't speak in certainty on this.

As far as "no one being around when they talk to God on a mountain", prophets of God received revelation through dreams. The only prophet to speak to God was Moses. Besides that, as far as Mohammad's prophethood, there are many, many recorded accounts, from people who lived around him, whether his enemies or followers, that bore witness to miracles and predictions performed and predicted all in the name of God. Witness acounts are most important in order to confirm a story. So, are you gonna tell me they're all lying?

Also, I would like to know, what's your explanation on how we got here because, whether you believe God did it or not, and you believe in science, this all DID come from nothing. And no, this isn't the best God can do, just a small taste of what He's capable of. I know you see a fucked up world, so do I, but you can't deny there is some amazing beauty as well. Like I said before, if you saw a house, you know someone built it. Too complex to just "appear". So, a house is structuraly more complex and impressive than a human body, or almost any creature for that matter. Oh yeah that's right, science calls this "intelligent design" lol.

Yes, bad shit does happen in the world, but remember, its people who commit violence. We have the capability of doing good and evil, we can distinguish them, and have a choice to do one or the other. And in the end, you reap what you sew. And though I can't speak with certainty, you don't know for a fact that these kids that are killed aren't being taken care of in the next life. My guess is as good as yours. And for us to try to figure out God or understand His plans is wrong. I believe there is wisdom behind everythingYou just have to read between the lines.
ImageImage
Shaka Zulu
شاكا زولو

Postby NoneSoVile » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:07 pm

heh good response Shaka. I see I can't shake your faith :lol:

I just think it's completely illogical to put your life in the hands of an ancient book with zero supported evidence. Yes, the Quran and the Bible have some great stories, but how do we know they're true? Just because we're told it's true, doesn't make it so. A comic book holds just as much evidence to spiderman's trials/tribulations as any holy scripture. The fact of the matter is, historians have been questioning the holy books for years...They are some serious gaps and improbabilities. We KNOW Julius Caesar existed, he's intricately written into history, there's no denying it. Prophets performing miracles, rising from the dead etc. Well...They're not woven into history like they should be. Paul, the man who spread christianity, didn't even meet Jesus. He didn't even know he was the supposed son of god. The man who started to spread the fucking religion didn't even know about the majority of Jesus' most prominent stories...Seems to me like someone might have tweaked the story throughout the years.

Just another fairytale about an amazing being, being born of a virgin, healing the sick, performing miracles...Except we're supposed to believe this one as fact? Why? What makes greek mythology wrong? What makes norse mythology false? Scientology? Satanism? Pagan beliefs? They all hold equal amounts of truth and evidence (I think norse mythology is the most interesting however, Scientology wins the comical award though) but how do YOU know your religion is right Shaka? All evidence is pointing to the contrary, every odd day we're uncovering more bullshit in these holy books. How can a person ignore all the nonsense in the bible/quran? The bible is the unquestionable WORD of GOD. If ONE thing is wrong, then the entire book is wrong. The very concept of that book has been disproved. I can name atleast 25 instances of horseshit in the bible, how can a person with a full functioning brain ignore these things? I'm not as familiar with the Quran as the bible, but I can bet it's the same shit...The point I was trying to make about innocent children being murdered, was that, even if god has a good place for them in the afterlife (Which of course, is completely irrational to believe so), he's a sick fuck for even allowing these kids to experience such brutality in any sense.
Cheers dude!
Image Image
NoneSoVile
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby kingomegared » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:11 pm

this thread is 8 pages strong....i just popped in to say that my god is better than all of your gods and sorry for trolling but i couldnt help it :wink:
https://twitter.com/#!/Lastwurdz

Suicide?? No, I'd rather vacationcide and come back when it gets boring.
kingomegared
Anti-Star Advocate

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion