Close
Login
Register

Official NHL Discussion Thread

Discuss any and all non-combat sports here.

Re: Official NHL Discussion Thread

Postby willmma » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:05 pm

bruins2012 wrote:
willmma wrote:To be honest I doubt Ovi would be moved. He's to valuable to just let him go to another team for nothing. That said, if i were the caps gm I would be looking to trade him.

When you think of the Caps you think of Ovi. He's not getting big traded. He's a great player but he doesn't pass enough and he doesn't make the players around him better. In the playoffs he gets shutdown because he usually sets up near the circles and outside the slot, and he doesn't make his own scoring chances for the most part. He's not like Kessel, he just kind of waits to unleash his one-timer.

Great player, but always falters in the playoffs. Joe Thornton is a great player but always falters too because he never shoots the puck....Ovi has the opposite problem.

You are probably right. But this is a business call and if I were GM I would do the right business call. The leafs tried to trade Sundin. The jays tried to get rid of Joey-bat-flip-Bautista.

When there is no more hope and your star is in decline, you cash in. Some other team that is one sniper short of being a contender will be happy to give you something for him.
willmma
Pick-Em Champion
Pick-Em Champion

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: June 2016, Jan 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: Dec 2016, Nov 2017
Pick-Em Champion: Sep 2019

Postby exsanguinator » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:43 pm

willmma wrote:
bruins2012 wrote:
willmma wrote:To be honest I doubt Ovi would be moved. He's to valuable to just let him go to another team for nothing. That said, if i were the caps gm I would be looking to trade him.

When you think of the Caps you think of Ovi. He's not getting big traded. He's a great player but he doesn't pass enough and he doesn't make the players around him better. In the playoffs he gets shutdown because he usually sets up near the circles and outside the slot, and he doesn't make his own scoring chances for the most part. He's not like Kessel, he just kind of waits to unleash his one-timer.

Great player, but always falters in the playoffs. Joe Thornton is a great player but always falters too because he never shoots the puck....Ovi has the opposite problem.

You are probably right. But this is a business call and if I were GM I would do the right business call. The leafs tried to trade Sundin. The jays tried to get rid of Joey-bat-flip-Bautista.

When there is no more hope and your star is in decline, you cash in. Some other team that is one sniper short of being a contender will be happy to give you something for him.

Which team aside from Arizona has that much cap space though?
We all need some place we can go away to, some place where we can be who we should have been instead of who we are.
exsanguinator

Postby bruins2012 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:02 pm

Drouin to Montreal.
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Postby exsanguinator » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:27 pm

bruins2012 wrote:Drouin to Montreal.

Didn't Subban have an attitude problem and that's why he was traded?
We all need some place we can go away to, some place where we can be who we should have been instead of who we are.
exsanguinator

Postby bruins2012 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:35 am

exsanguinator wrote:

I don't think PK had an attitude problem. Probably more if a clash of attitudes between a player and old school coach/gm.

Mike Smith to the Flames. Hopefully that solves their goaltender situation.

Spoiler:
[img]Dougie%20Hamilton%20is%20still%20a%20bum.%20%20[/img]

:P
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012

Survivor

Postby BestWayKilla » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:17 am

exsanguinator wrote:

I'm sure that won't be a problem for a good Francophone boy like Drouin :lol:
UP THE IRONS!!!!

mikalianenkomedov wrote:ball gargling faggots that are faggoty and gargle balls.

Sigbetting Record- 17-10
BestWayKilla
The Trooper

Postby willmma » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:40 am

Protected lists are out.
https://www.nhl.com/news/protected-list ... =289242400

Leafs made good choices, but I think they really didn't have any hard choices to make..

your thoughts?
willmma
Pick-Em Champion
Pick-Em Champion

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: June 2016, Jan 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: Dec 2016, Nov 2017
Pick-Em Champion: Sep 2019

Postby exsanguinator » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:46 pm

Pretty much what I expected from the Flames.

I think Vegas takes Kulak or Brouwer.
exsanguinator

Postby J D » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:12 am

willmma wrote:Protected lists are out.
https://www.nhl.com/news/protected-list ... =289242400

Leafs made good choices, but I think they really didn't have any hard choices to make..

your thoughts?

Leipsic should have been protected; Martin shouldn't have been, imo.

Would be amazing if the the Leafs can swing the Knights into taking Lupul.

“None of the draft exemptions were automatic,” said NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly. “Each were evaluated on a case-by-case basis. That includes Lupul.”

So either Lupul believes he is healthy enough to play or Leafs GM Lou Lamoriello, the king of finding loopholes in the NHL’s rules, has a deal with Vegas GM George McPhee to take Lupul and his $5.25-million contract off Toronto’s books and stay away from a high-end prospect, such as Brendan Leipsic or Kerby Rychel.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/20 ... draft.html
Urijah Faber wrote:People don’t understand because they’re not fucking world-class fighters. When you’re at world championship level, you’re fighting other guys who are at a world championship level. So, you know, Dana White wants to say something? Let’s see him get in there and fight. Let’s see him fight somebody who’s a championship fighter and let’s see how many punches he throws in a round. Things change when you’re fighting the best guys in the world.
J D

Accolades: 2017-2018 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion
2016-2017 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champion
I am Canadian

Postby exsanguinator » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:58 am

The Flames get Hamonic. Pretty solid top 4 if you ask me. Hopefully he gets his broken hand fixed.
exsanguinator

Postby bruins2012 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:29 am

exsanguinator wrote:The Flames get Hamonic. Pretty solid top 4 if you ask me. Hopefully he gets his broken hand fixed.

Their D us looking real good.

Spoiler:
Just get rid of that bum Dougie Hamilton.

The Battle of Alberta should be excellent for the next few years. The Flames should make it difficult and might get a few wins. McDavid and the Oilers should get a few Stanley Cups.

:P

bruins2012

Survivor

Postby exsanguinator » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:39 pm

Dumped a prospect that's not even a prospect anymore and a 6th for Lack, a 7th and another prospect. Oh, Carolina retains 50% salary on Lack.

Treliving is a fucking sorcerer.
exsanguinator

Postby bruins2012 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:07 am

The Boston Bruins waived Jimmy Hayes Friday with the purpose of buying out the remainder of his contract, and in doing so the franchise officially has nothing to show for the trade that sent Tyler Seguin to the Dallas Stars four years ago.

On July 4, 2013, former Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli sent Seguin—along with Rich Peverley and Ryan Button—to the Stars in exchange for Loui Eriksson and prospects Reilly Smith, Joe Morrow and Matt Fraser.

:lol:

bruins2012

Survivor

Postby exsanguinator » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:14 pm

I wonder if Montreal knows that their rivalry with the Bruins does not have to include being as stupid as they are.
exsanguinator

Postby bruins2012 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:28 am

exsanguinator wrote:I wonder if Montreal knows that their rivalry with the Bruins does not have to include being as stupid as they are.

What? Stupid by winning Stanley Cups?

Spoiler:
The Bruins will acquire Matt Duchene. :tup:

bruins2012

Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to The "Club House"