Close
Login
Register

Official NFL/NCAA Football Discussion Thread

Discuss any and all non-combat sports here.

Re: Official NFL/NCAA Football Discussion Thread

Postby SKS » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:05 pm

Greeny owns.
..........................................................Triley: PhD in Awesome.................................................
The Rumble in Vermont: Kamberovic Vs. Zelenoff - Bordello FMT Rules
SKS
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby lostsoul4012 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:41 pm

JCVD wrote:
thegroovemonkey wrote:
JCVD wrote:
WAR CHICAGO.
17-14 win over the defending Super Bowl Champs, a new star emerging in Johnny Knox, and 0 INTS FROM CUTLER. The Bears faltered in their first game (chemistry not worked out yet) but they are for real this year. If the Bears get rid of Des Clark and his cutting off of his routes (which spoiled an easy TD and cost Cutler an INT in GB), and stop throwing it to the Earl of Bennett (who cost Cutler 2 INTS) so damn much they will be tough to stop this year.

Blah Blah Blah, all I read is Packers 1, Bears 0.

And all I read was Bengals 31 Packers 24. :mrgreen:
Damn those porous offensive lines, QBs who can't throw while being pressured, and defenses who can't stop Cedric Benson from getting 141 yards (lol).

Also, somewhat unrelated: I was listening to Chicago sports radio and apparently what happened with all the route-cutting-off in GB is the Bears veteran receivers aren't used to having a QB who can hit them in stride after scrambling, so the M.O. for guys like Clark is after x number of seconds cut off the route, turn back upfield and make a big target for Grossman/Orton. Cutler can scramble and still get the ball where it should be. As anyone who watched the Bears-Steelers game could see, the receivers are now on the same page with the QB and we shouldn't expect to see a Lambeau-esque performance again anytime soon. I'm looking forward to the overconfident and under-talented Packers coming to Soldier Field...

What I want to know is, if Benson rushed for 141 yards, what is Adrian Peterson going to do in the 2 games the Pack has to play him?
lostsoul4012
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby thegroovemonkey » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:49 pm

lostsoul4012 wrote:
JCVD wrote:
thegroovemonkey wrote:
JCVD wrote:
WAR CHICAGO.
17-14 win over the defending Super Bowl Champs, a new star emerging in Johnny Knox, and 0 INTS FROM CUTLER. The Bears faltered in their first game (chemistry not worked out yet) but they are for real this year. If the Bears get rid of Des Clark and his cutting off of his routes (which spoiled an easy TD and cost Cutler an INT in GB), and stop throwing it to the Earl of Bennett (who cost Cutler 2 INTS) so damn much they will be tough to stop this year.

Blah Blah Blah, all I read is Packers 1, Bears 0.

And all I read was Bengals 31 Packers 24. :mrgreen:
Damn those porous offensive lines, QBs who can't throw while being pressured, and defenses who can't stop Cedric Benson from getting 141 yards (lol).

Also, somewhat unrelated: I was listening to Chicago sports radio and apparently what happened with all the route-cutting-off in GB is the Bears veteran receivers aren't used to having a QB who can hit them in stride after scrambling, so the M.O. for guys like Clark is after x number of seconds cut off the route, turn back upfield and make a big target for Grossman/Orton. Cutler can scramble and still get the ball where it should be. As anyone who watched the Bears-Steelers game could see, the receivers are now on the same page with the QB and we shouldn't expect to see a Lambeau-esque performance again anytime soon. I'm looking forward to the overconfident and under-talented Packers coming to Soldier Field...

What I want to know is, if Benson rushed for 141 yards, what is Adrian Peterson going to do in the 2 games the Pack has to play him?

Nothing. AJ Hawk will wreck AP's knee again. If he doesn't, the Pack will stack the box. Remember that the vikings have an washed up bum at QB and nobody for him to throw it too.

You should really be asking what is Jared Allen gonna do to Aaron Rodgers. :cry:
thegroovemonkey
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Former Intercontinental Champ, Current Duck

Postby FootFistProductions » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:57 pm

ghostdude8 wrote:meh the jets still suck, they'll collapse eventually.

HOW BOUT TONY HOMO????????? ONLY TONY HOMO CAN PLAY SO HORRIBLE ON A NATIONAL TELEVISED GAME THAT HAD OVER 100,000 FANS IN THE STANDS! GO COWGIRLS!!!!!!

Actually they didn't have over 100,000 fans in the stands. The 105,000 number that flashed on the "Jerry-Tron" was admission into the area. They sold "first come tickets" which meant buy this ticket for less and come and "see" if you can get in, if not there will be standing room with cowgirl dancers 50 feet in the air. Not sure the exact number no one that is not jerry himself, but there were not over 100,000 people in that stadium
irishmike357 wrote: He sucker punched him from behind before the fight even started, and by sucker punched I mean shot him with a gun.
Burritoking1000 wrote:I would let like 100 dudes jerk off all over me for a whole day for less than a million.
FootFistProductions
3rd Professional Linker Victory
3rd Professional Linker Victory

Postby agonzalez1 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:00 pm

HOW BOUT TONY HOMO????????? ONLY TONY HOMO CAN PLAY SO HORRIBLE ON A NATIONAL TELEVISED GAME THAT HAD OVER 100,000 FANS IN THE STANDS! GO COWGIRLS!!!!!![/size]

yeah if they start Jeff Garcia they'll win right?

Go Donovan..oh wait..he's injured...and doesn't know the rules of Football....
Agonzalez1: MMAlinker's first 2 Time Interim Champion and your NEW MMALinker World Champion!!!!
agonzalez1
World Champion
World Champion

Accolades: Hall of Famer

Postby HumorSolution » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:08 pm

agonzalez1 wrote:

HOW BOUT TONY HOMO????????? ONLY TONY HOMO CAN PLAY SO HORRIBLE ON A NATIONAL TELEVISED GAME THAT HAD OVER 100,000 FANS IN THE STANDS! GO COWGIRLS!!!!!![/size]

yeah if they start Jeff Garcia they'll win right?

Go Donovan..oh wait..he's injured...and doesn't know the rules of Football....

waaaaaaaaiiiittttttttt a minute....... ur telling me this thing can end in a tie?
Hello!
HumorSolution
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby HumorSolution » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:24 pm

JCVD wrote:
thegroovemonkey wrote:
HumorSolution wrote:Image
we r gonna dominate vikings week 4 guaranteeeeeeeeed!!!!!

Image The student shall become the master Image

As someone who hates both the vikings and the packers (and hates the vikings more, btw) let me just say that Adrian Peterson will run all over your asses, and Rodgers will do shitty because the Vikings have a pass rush (also guaranteed one TD pass from Favre late in the game when the pack starts putting 8 men in the box.

let me let u in on a litle secrete... im a psychic.... let me show u the vikings future:
1. The vikings will run hot for the beginning of the season, and might even get the best record in the North.

2. The vikings have turn over prone QB, a RB that secretly turns the ball over, and one of the dumbst head coaches on the planet. This will spell TROUBLE toward the end of the season.

3. A majority of the vikings loses will come at the end of the season because:
a.) People think all Favre has to do is just hand the ball off and that is WRONG WRONG WRONG. There will be a time toward the end of the season or in the playoffs the vikings will be down late in the game and will have to pass. Favre will will turnover the ball like he ALWAYS does in big game situations because he's trying to do too much.
The fact that Brett Favre has done NO WORKING OUT during the off season will catch up to him down the stretch. His accuracy and arm strength will greatly diminish causing him to be a turnover machine like he always is at the end of seasons...

b.) Teams will figure out how to stop this team and Brad Childress wont address the needs for change.

4. The vikings will bow out in the divisional game of the playoffs, finishing their last 7 games 3-4. Favre will finally retire, and Childress will be fired...

END OF STORY
Hello!
HumorSolution
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby AlexisVilaMyHero » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:40 pm

HumorSolution wrote:
JCVD wrote:
thegroovemonkey wrote:
HumorSolution wrote:Image
we r gonna dominate vikings week 4 guaranteeeeeeeeed!!!!!

Image The student shall become the master Image

As someone who hates both the vikings and the packers (and hates the vikings more, btw) let me just say that Adrian Peterson will run all over your asses, and Rodgers will do shitty because the Vikings have a pass rush (also guaranteed one TD pass from Favre late in the game when the pack starts putting 8 men in the box.

let me let u in on a litle secrete... im a psychic.... let me show u the vikings future:
1. The vikings will run hot for the beginning of the season, and might even get the best record in the North.

2. The vikings have turn over prone QB, a RB that secretly turns the ball over, and one of the dumbst head coaches on the planet. This will spell TROUBLE toward the end of the season.

3. A majority of the vikings loses will come at the end of the season because:
a.) People think all Favre has to do is just hand the ball off and that is WRONG WRONG WRONG. There will be a time toward the end of the season or in the playoffs the vikings will be down late in the game and will have to pass. Favre will will turnover the ball like he ALWAYS does in big game situations because he's trying to do too much.
The fact that Brett Favre has done NO WORKING OUT during the off season will catch up to him down the stretch. His accuracy and arm strength will greatly diminish causing him to be a turnover machine like he always is at the end of seasons...

b.) Teams will figure out how to stop this team and Brad Childress wont address the needs for change.

4. The vikings will bow out in the divisional game of the playoffs, finishing their last 7 games 3-4. Favre will finally retire, and Childress will be fired...

END OF STORY

I completely agree with you about Favre, but the vikings will still rape the packers twice. I'm not a psychic, I just call things like I see 'em. Also you're underestimating the AP factor. 300-yard games as a running back = wins.
JelloShooter wrote:I have substantial proof to file a lawsuit against this website.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0njRGpBcHlg
FREE AXELEGZ, AGUILAR207, L.N.D.O., IMMORTALTECHNIQUE92 AND TOTTENHAMZ19.
AlexisVilaMyHero
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Former Intercontinental Champ

Postby lostsoul4012 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:30 pm

thegroovemonkey wrote:Nothing. AJ Hawk will wreck AP's knee again. If he doesn't, the Pack will stack the box. Remember that the vikings have an washed up bum at QB and nobody for him to throw it too.

You should really be asking what is Jared Allen gonna do to Aaron Rodgers. :cry:

As long as they dont have to rely on Al Harris to tackle Peterson.

lostsoul4012
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby agonzalez1 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:36 am

SoccerKickSarah wrote:

Greeny owns.

It's pretty hard to fathom a McDonald's Employee with season tix to the NFL. Those tickets are highway robbery if you ask me.
Agonzalez1: MMAlinker's first 2 Time Interim Champion and your NEW MMALinker World Champion!!!!
agonzalez1
World Champion
World Champion

Accolades: Hall of Famer

Postby SKS » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:26 am

agonzalez1 wrote:
SoccerKickSarah wrote:

Greeny owns.

It's pretty hard to fathom a McDonald's Employee with season tix to the NFL. Those tickets are highway robbery if you ask me.

iirc he says that the NFL has priced itself out of a lot of peoples price ranges. I thought the rant was glorious.
..........................................................Triley: PhD in Awesome.................................................
The Rumble in Vermont: Kamberovic Vs. Zelenoff - Bordello FMT Rules
SKS
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby thegroovemonkey » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:36 am

agonzalez1 wrote:
SoccerKickSarah wrote:

Greeny owns.

The Packers keep their tickets at a pretty decent price, getting them is the hard part.
thegroovemonkey
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby AlexisVilaMyHero » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:18 pm

thegroovemonkey wrote:
agonzalez1 wrote:
SoccerKickSarah wrote:

Greeny owns.

The Packers keep their tickets at a pretty decent price, getting them is the hard part.

You pretty much have to give someone over 55 a BJ so you can get one of their season tickets they've been on a waiting list since the early 70s for.
JelloShooter wrote:I have substantial proof to file a lawsuit against this website.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0njRGpBcHlg
FREE AXELEGZ, AGUILAR207, L.N.D.O., IMMORTALTECHNIQUE92 AND TOTTENHAMZ19.
AlexisVilaMyHero
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Former Intercontinental Champ

Postby thegroovemonkey » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:35 pm

JCVD wrote:
thegroovemonkey wrote:
agonzalez1 wrote:
SoccerKickSarah wrote:

Greeny owns.

You pretty much have to give someone over 55 a BJ so you can get one of their season tickets they've been on a waiting list since the early 70s for.

My Grandpa has Milwaukee package tickets. 4 at the 30 and 2 at the 50. He told me I get the 50 yard line ones when he dies. That is pretty much the only way to get tix, or be on the waiting list for 30 years. It's kinda crazy at those games becuase you sit next to the same people every game.
thegroovemonkey
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby lazybones » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:52 pm

iceman54 wrote:

[size=150]HOW BOUT TONY HOMO????????? ONLY TONY HOMO CAN PLAY SO HORRIBLE ON A NATIONAL TELEVISED GAME THAT HAD OVER 100,000 FANS IN THE STANDS! GO COWGIRLS!!!!!![/size]

Go Fuck Yourself, thats not true

What part don't you agree with. The Saints demoralizing the JETS next week or that TONY HOMO SUCKS?
lazybones
Black Belt
Black Belt

PreviousNext

Return to The "Club House"