Close
Login
Register

Official MLS, EPL and World Soccer Discussion Thread

Discuss any and all non-combat sports here.

Re: Official MLS, EPL and World Soccer Discussion Thread

Postby KotovSyndrome » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:00 pm

Not sure if anyone has been keeping up with the UEFA championship, but it has been pretty exciting thus far. I still feel disappointed that England had to exit to penalty kicks but oh well.

Italy is really shocking me today though, but I guess it shouldn't. Germany always seems to dominate the group stages, raising the discussion of invincibility, and then gets stunned in a big game. Not that they can't win them, obviously, but I wonder if it's just a case coming up short when it matters the most or if they are actually running into better teams. I know Germany is young, but it definitely seems to have hit the wall today against Italy. They are controlling the ball, but Italy is the one capitalizing off of the opportunities.

I'm in no way a soccer expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I do love following the national teams.
KotovSyndrome
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby beast775 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:38 pm

KotovSyndrome wrote:Not sure if anyone has been keeping up with the UEFA championship, but it has been pretty exciting thus far. I still feel disappointed that England had to exit to penalty kicks but oh well.

Italy is really shocking me today though, but I guess it shouldn't. Germany always seems to dominate the group stages, raising the discussion of invincibility, and then gets stunned in a big game. Not that they can't win them, obviously, but I wonder if it's just a case coming up short when it matters the most or if they are actually running into better teams. I know Germany is young, but it definitely seems to have hit the wall today against Italy. They are controlling the ball, but Italy is the one capitalizing off of the opportunities.

I'm in no way a soccer expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I do love following the national teams.

One of the weakest Italian sides (albeit with some talented individuals) ate dominating probably the most talented German side ever.
beast775
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby KotovSyndrome » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:53 pm

minimanukuk wrote:
One of the weakest Italian sides (albeit with some talented individuals) ate dominating probably the most talented German side ever.

And the Germans are not only lucky they got that penalty shot, but also Italy's inability to capitalize on some of those one on one breaks toward the end of the match. This match could have easily been a 4-0 clip going into extra time.

The Italian defense, while not technically tight, were there when it mattered. They cleared out (or at least got in the way of) rebounds and created opportunities. The strong German counterattack received a taste of its own medicine.

Predictions for Spain v. Italy on sunday?
KotovSyndrome
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby beast775 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:21 pm

KotovSyndrome wrote:
minimanukuk wrote:

And the Germans are not only lucky they got that penalty shot, but also Italy's inability to capitalize on some of those one on one breaks toward the end of the match. This match could have easily been a 4-0 clip going into extra time.

The Italian defense, while not technically tight, were there when it mattered. They cleared out (or at least got in the way of) rebounds and created opportunities. The strong German counterattack received a taste of its own medicine.

Predictions for Spain v. Italy on sunday?

Absolutely no idea. The bookies will be scratching their heads on odds for the final after Italy's performance tonight.

I've got to disagree that Italy could havee been 4-0 up.

They could've been 6-0 up. Easy.
beast775
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby bruins2012 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:30 pm

When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Postby mark7 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:02 pm

Still can't believe how great Liverpool are doin this season, Brendan Rodgers has gotten everything out of his players, especially the younger guys on the team.
"I had to come into this fight...straight... fat boy off the beach of Cabo, but its all good" Nate Diaz
mark7
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: Survivor x2

Official MLS EPL and World Soccer Discussion Thread

Postby TredertinFal » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:10 am

You better get specific on that.....does he have to be voted in, or does it count if he is the 7th choice after the first 6 were injured or too busy golfing or playing in the SB?
Велосипед
TredertinFal
White Belt
White Belt

Re: Official MLS EPL and World Soccer Discussion Thread

Postby JumpJets16 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:04 am

TredertinFal wrote:You better get specific on that.....does he have to be voted in, or does it count if he is the 7th choice after the first 6 were injured or too busy golfing or playing in the SB?

??
Sigs: 85-18-4
JumpJets16
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Former P4P and US Champ

Postby mark7 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:50 pm

at least the earthquakes can go into seattle and get a win, niners need to take notes lol
"I had to come into this fight...straight... fat boy off the beach of Cabo, but its all good" Nate Diaz
mark7
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: Survivor x2

Previous

Return to The "Club House"