Close
Login
Register

Official MLB Discussion Thread

Discuss any and all non-combat sports here.

Official MLB Discussion Thread

Postby Blacksheep » Mon May 31, 2010 1:22 am

Discuss...(and the Red Sox are going to catch up and make it to the world series !! ) :lol:
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I sure as hell won't. - George S. Patton
"The Sheep's Pen"
Blacksheep
1st Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Hall of Famer, Former P4P Champ

Re: 2010 MLB topic

Postby SKS » Mon May 31, 2010 12:12 pm

Blacksheep wrote:and the Red Sox are going to catch up and make it to the world series !!

With Big Papi hitting(Finally!), all they need is for their pitching to become more consistent and the Rays to come back down to Earth because no one is catching them if they keep playing this way.

WAR SF Giants! We just brought up Buster Posey and he has 5 or 6 hits in his first 2 games. First time a non-pitcher has had us excited in since Barry.
SKS
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby irishmike357 » Mon May 31, 2010 12:32 pm

SoccerKickSarah wrote: First time a non-pitcher has had us excited in since Barry.

Does he do steroids too? :P j/k

Anyway, the Red Sox won't even make the playoffs this year, mark that one down. Unfortunetely my Yankees don't look like the world beaters of last year, but they need to get healthy first. In all seriousness though it is way to early to tell. I usually don't get back into baseball mode until around the all star break.

GGGOOOO YANKEES!
Go leor uaireanta béal mans bhris a shrón

JHM
LHK
irishmike357
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Hall of Famer, Former Intercontinental and US Champ

Postby Blacksheep » Mon May 31, 2010 1:00 pm

irishmike357 wrote:
SoccerKickSarah wrote: First time a non-pitcher has had us excited in since Barry.

Does he do steroids too? :P j/k

Anyway, the Red Sox won't even make the playoffs this year, mark that one down. Unfortunetely my Yankees don't look like the world beaters of last year, but they need to get healthy first. In all seriousness though it is way to early to tell. I usually don't get back into baseball mode until around the all star break.

GGGOOOO YANKEES!

PLEASE !!! We are only one game out of second and 5 out of first. There is allot of baseball left in the season !!! And your a "Yankees" fan ??? Figures, I may need to rethink this mod thing....a yankees fan..blah
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I sure as hell won't. - George S. Patton
"The Sheep's Pen"
Blacksheep

Postby irishmike357 » Mon May 31, 2010 1:09 pm

Blacksheep wrote:

PLEASE !!! We are only one game out of second and 5 out of first. There is allot of baseball left in the season !!! And your a "Yankees" fan ??? Figures, I may need to rethink this mod thing....a yankees fan..blah

Glad I didn't tell you until after you ok'd this move lol. I am an actually Yankees fan unlike alot of pretend yankees fans out there. I have been to games at Yankee Stadium, I grew up and live in NY and route for all NY teams (Giants, Yankees, Knicks and Rangers).

But you are right, there is tons of time left. I believe we were in third place and 0-9 against the Sox this time last year and look how that turned out.
Go leor uaireanta béal mans bhris a shrón

JHM
LHK
irishmike357
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Hall of Famer, Former Intercontinental and US Champ

Postby Heisenberg » Mon May 31, 2010 1:17 pm

Don't want to put anyones teams down, but everyone should get ready for the Blue Jays to be stepping it up as underdogs any week now, and pull away to win the World Series.

Go Jays Go! Pretty sure we're leading the league in Homeruns 8)
Heisenberg
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby Blacksheep » Mon May 31, 2010 2:08 pm

THC wrote:Don't want to put anyones teams down, but everyone should get ready for the Blue Jays to be stepping it up as underdogs any week now, and pull away to win the World Series.

And we just sweeped you guys a week ago :lol:
"The Sheep's Pen"
Blacksheep

Postby Blacksheep » Mon May 31, 2010 2:14 pm

irishmike357 wrote:
Blacksheep wrote:

Glad I didn't tell you until after you ok'd this move lol. I am an actually Yankees fan unlike allot of pretend yankees fans out there. I have been to games at Yankee Stadium, I grew up and live in NY and route for all NY teams (Giants, Yankees, Knicks and Rangers).

But you are right, there is tons of time left. I believe we were in third place and 0-9 against the Sox this time last year and look how that turned out.

Same here, born a Red Sox fan, will die a Red Sox fan. I was a fan WAY before they won in 04 and didn't like so many other sports fans suddenly jump on the fan wagon :roll:

I can't say I have ever been to their home field, but every time they play the Rangers I go and watch them there !!! And since the Rangers are my second fav team...it's a win win for me :mrgreen: But SOME DAY I am going to make a pilgrimage and go to a Red Sox home game !!

As far as the 0-9 from last year..I agree...so this is our turn this year since you guys have kicked our butts all year...we will get you after the all star break.

The RS either do REALLY good before the all star break, and then lose their stride after the break...or they start off real slow all year and then hit their stride after the break...this is one of those years !!!
"The Sheep's Pen"
Blacksheep

Postby ndizzle » Mon May 31, 2010 4:27 pm

War Buster posey
]

Silva (jojo)(seb) vs Fitch (ndizzle)
ndizzle
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby Acepitbull » Mon May 31, 2010 6:58 pm

The Rays or the Yankees will win the AL East. The Red Sox will not.

I think it will come down the Twins and the Yankees in the AL & the Frillies and the Cardinals in the NL

Yankees vs Frillies in the WS again with the same results as last year
Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.-Mark Twain

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.- Confucius
Acepitbull
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby Cornbread Mafia » Mon May 31, 2010 7:36 pm

St. Louis all the way

i am still kinda shocked the reds are in first place but they wont be for long, the cards are up 5 runs in the 6th against the reds right now and if they hold on for the win they will be tied for first again
Getting stoned everyday like Jesus did
Cornbread Mafia
Linker's Pharmacist

Accolades: Former US Champ

Postby JumpJets16 » Mon May 31, 2010 8:57 pm

Baseball is painful as a Mets fan.
Sigs: 85-18-4
JumpJets16
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Former P4P and US Champ

Postby Cornbread Mafia » Mon May 31, 2010 10:24 pm

THC wrote:Don't want to put anyones teams down, but everyone should get ready for the Blue Jays to be stepping it up as underdogs any week now, and pull away to win the World Series.

i dont see joe carter, jack morris, john olerud, or roberto alomar walking through the door
Getting stoned everyday like Jesus did
Cornbread Mafia
Linker's Pharmacist

Accolades: Former US Champ

Postby JumpJets16 » Mon May 31, 2010 10:34 pm

Cornbread Mafia wrote:

i dont see joe carter, jack morris, john olerud, or roberto alomar walking through the door

PAT BORDERS FTW
Sigs: 85-18-4
JumpJets16
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Former P4P and US Champ

Postby Blacksheep » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:40 pm

Red Sox rally from four down to beat A’s 9-4 baby !!!!!!
"The Sheep's Pen"
Blacksheep

Next

Return to The "Club House"