Close
Login
Register

OFFICIAL: Mayweather vs Pacquiao

Discuss all other combat sports here.

Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao will be announced any minute!

Postby Funme7al » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:45 am

Well, seeing as it's taking place in June, Pacquiao will win. Floyd just wont get that may weather he's so used to.
Follow me on twitter @SomeoneNamedEli. I follow back. Will engage in twitter beef/love, just @ me.
Funme7al
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby batangastig » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:09 am

Manny wins this.
I'm gonna have to be killed before I lose, and I ain't going to die easy - Muhammad Ali
ImageImage
batangastig
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby bruins2012 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:59 pm

The long overdue mega-fight between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather is finally official. As announced on Friday evening, the bout happens on May 2nd, at the in Las Vegas, Nevada. Interestingly enough, just 15 minutes after the announcement, the MGM Grand sold out all their rooms which were going at an average of $615 a night.

Since the bout has been made official, more details are trickling in.

Bettings odds have opened and Mayweather is a favorite sitting at -295. Manny Pacquiao is currently at +230.

The event will be a joint venture from Showtime and HBO, and according to a report, the broadcast team who will be calling the fights have been finalized as well:

HBO's Jim Lampley and Roy Jones Jr will reportedly call the fight along with Showtime's Al Bernstein, with Max Kellerman (HBO) and Jim Gray (SHO) as additional reporters handling interviews and such.

The bout will be at 147 lbs, and all 3 titles they hold will be up for grabs. Mayweather's WBC and WBA titles, and Pacquiao's WBO strap will be on the line and the winner will be taking home all three, along with a piece of boxing history as well. Apart from the 3 belts, the winner will also take home the lineal crown.

Pacquiao is already the first and only fighter to have won titles in 8 different divisions. Boxing has several belts and sanctioning bodies though, so if we're talking about undisputed lineal champions per weight class, Manny can be the first to be 'crowned' in 5 different divisions:

Pacquiao has already proven himself, at one time, to be the very best flyweight, featherweight, junior lightweight, and junior welterweight in the world. Mayweather, on the other hand, holds his crowns in the junior lightweight, lightweight, welterweight, and junior middleweight divisions.

This means that, for Mayweather, he has only his legacy on the line. Pacquiao, on the other hand, has a chance to make boxing history. If he wins, he will become the first man in the history of the sport to wear the crowns of five weight classes, a feat which may never be surpassed.

Quick hits and related updates:

- First official poster for Mayweather vs. Pacquiao

- Teddy Atlas breaks down the mega fight, says Mayweather has the edge over Pacquiao

- Bob Arum on why Manny has a great chance on winning: Speed, work rate, and southpaw stance

- Ticket Prices could go above $3000 on average
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Postby SDpadre19 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:04 pm

Teddy Atlas is picking Floyd, bet the house on Emmanuel to win!
SDpadre19
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt

Postby DreadLobster » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:16 pm

mrbwo wrote:
DreadLobster wrote:
mrbwo wrote:
DreadLobster wrote:Who the balls ever said I was a Thiago Silva fan? :lol:

Where did that shit come from?

Meh :lol: I think Imma leave you alone for now unless you respond. This was fun.

:lol:

I assumed you were just busting my balls after I read that comment. No one is a Thiago Silva fan.

Meh we're bros. I can do that to you without you ever getting butthurt, unlike the cans and cancers of Linker.

:beer: :beer:

Well played.
RIP The Maniac

DreadLobster
Role Model

Postby BestWayKilla » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:39 pm

batangastig wrote:Manny wins this.

Holy shit, as I live and breathe. b, where the fuck you been? Most of the guys on the boxing forum have scattered to the winds, but it's gotta have been around a good year since I last saw you on here.
UP THE IRONS!!!!

mikalianenkomedov wrote:ball gargling faggots that are faggoty and gargle balls.

Sigbetting Record- 17-10
BestWayKilla
The Trooper

Postby iHeartChrisWheelkick » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:21 pm

BestWayKilla wrote:
yoseph wrote:What are the odds of the loser or both retiring after this payout?

Floyd has retired plenty of times, and always ends up coming back because he always pisses away all the money he makes. The guy pretty much has no idea how to handle himself when he isn't boxing.

The dude retired once and doesn't piss his money away at all. Why are you making shit up?
A Pimp Named Pitbull

DonnyStonevillage wrote:Fedors back to save MMA one can at a time.

91-38
iHeartChrisWheelkick

Accolades: First Linker Challenge Champion (Dunk-off)
Creator of the Tag Team Tournament
Survivor

Postby BestWayKilla » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:00 pm

Black Zeus wrote:
BestWayKilla wrote:
yoseph wrote:What are the odds of the loser or both retiring after this payout?

Floyd has retired plenty of times, and always ends up coming back because he always pisses away all the money he makes. The guy pretty much has no idea how to handle himself when he isn't boxing.

The dude retired once and doesn't piss his money away at all. Why are you making shit up?

He had to go to counseling for impulse control after one of the times he was in court. That's basically a judge's way of saying to him "You need to reign your ass in or you're fucked." The way he constantly spends extravagantly can in no way be considered fiscally responsible. To wit:

http://www.bankersumbrella.com/blog/how-to-go-from-earning-100-million-a-year-to-bankrupt
UP THE IRONS!!!!

mikalianenkomedov wrote:ball gargling faggots that are faggoty and gargle balls.

Sigbetting Record- 17-10
BestWayKilla
The Trooper

Postby iHeartChrisWheelkick » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:07 pm

:lol: have you ever been to court for anything or been charge with any type of crime? They make you do mandatory counseling for any crime you are charged with. Alcohol counseling for duis, drug counseling for drug possession or distribution, etc.... it's usually a part of some sort of agreement for most to get a less severe charge.

Dude made about 110 million just to show up to his last three fights. That's before his promotion company share and his ppv cut. He also owns other businesses. Dude spends money because he can. Glad you adandoned the "keeps retiring and coming back" bullshit though lol.
A Pimp Named Pitbull

DonnyStonevillage wrote:Fedors back to save MMA one can at a time.

91-38
iHeartChrisWheelkick

Accolades: First Linker Challenge Champion (Dunk-off)
Creator of the Tag Team Tournament
Survivor

Postby BestWayKilla » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:24 pm

Black Zeus wrote::lol: have you ever been to court for anything or been charge with any type of crime? They make you do mandatory counseling for any crime you are charged with. Alcohol counseling for duis, drug counseling for drug possession or distribution, etc.... it's usually a part of some sort of agreement for most to get a less severe charge.

Dude made about 110 million just to show up to his last three fights. That's before his promotion company share and his ppv cut. He also owns other businesses. Dude spends money because he can. Glad you adandoned the "keeps retiring and coming back" bullshit though lol.

No, I haven't. Unlike Floyd, I'm not a woman-beating asshole and if I was, I don't have the money to get a lawyer who can get me off on those kind of charges with a slap on the wrist. Even if it was only once he officially retired, don't try to tell me he didn't come out of retirement cause he didn't need the money. Did you even read the article? The dude paid half of his fight purse from his comeback fight to the IRS. Which is not the first time he's been in trouble for not paying his taxes. If someone has been in trouble with the IRS 5 times since 2001, then that person has a problem with spending and managing money.
UP THE IRONS!!!!

Sigbetting Record- 17-10
BestWayKilla
The Trooper

Postby bruins2012 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:08 pm

Only $100 for the PPV.

:P

I will be streaming the fight.
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012

Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Postby batangastig » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:13 am

BestWayKilla wrote:

Holy shit, as I live and breathe. b, where the fuck you been? Most of the guys on the boxing forum have scattered to the winds, but it's gotta have been around a good year since I last saw you on here.

I thought it was only appropriate to have one of the originals come back to the boxing forum and talk about this fight. Emd and myself have been arguing this topic since it's inception, following the Pacquiao-Hatton fight. People forgot that Floyd was suppose to come out of his retirement and fight the winner of that fight, but instead chose the day of the Pacquiao-Hatton fight to announce that he was fighting Marquez.

Who's the moderator now for this forum?
I'm gonna have to be killed before I lose, and I ain't going to die easy - Muhammad Ali
ImageImage
batangastig
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby BestWayKilla » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:32 am

batangastig wrote:
BestWayKilla wrote:

I thought it was only appropriate to have one of the originals come back to the boxing forum and talk about this fight. Emd and myself have been arguing this topic since it's inception, following the Pacquiao-Hatton fight. People forgot that Floyd was suppose to come out of his retirement and fight the winner of that fight, but instead chose the day of the Pacquiao-Hatton fight to announce that he was fighting Marquez.

Who's the moderator now for this forum?

Well, to be honest, since nobody really goes on there with any frequency, there isn't any mod on there. There haven't been mods for any specific forums for a while now. I took it upon myself to look after it while I was a mod, but it was pretty uneventful.
UP THE IRONS!!!!

Sigbetting Record- 17-10
BestWayKilla
The Trooper

Postby Funme7al » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:07 pm

how do you guys think the fight goes in the octagon?

neither fighter is trained too well (or at all?) in MMA grappling, so who do you think would get the better of the other in the UFC?

I for one think Mayweather would get DESTROYED.

Don't watch boxing too much, but he seems to rely on having the best damn defense around, and that could be because the size of his boxing gloves. IN mma, i think his blocking would suffer and he'd get overwhelmed by pacquiao and finished if he didn't catch pac coming in...

However both these fighters would be absolutely deadly with mma gloves on
Follow me on twitter @SomeoneNamedEli. I follow back. Will engage in twitter beef/love, just @ me.
Funme7al
Green Belt
Green Belt

Re: Guess who's back: Mayweather vs. Pacquiao

Postby Thickback » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:07 am

Yo B!!!!!! What's good!! Its finally happening !!
When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you - Thickback
Thickback
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

PreviousNext

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.