Close
Login
Register

OFFICIAL: Mayweather vs Pacquiao

Discuss all other combat sports here.

Re: OFFICIAL: Mayweather vs Pacquiao

Postby emd01 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:25 am

Flomos and pactards...smdh. I swear I hate those names. Id like to know who the genius is that came up with these dumb ass nicknames that everyone in boxing uses.

As far as Floyd cleaning up the sport...well, I seriously doubt there would be ANY RBTing if the guy didnt kick the shit off but these dudes are fighting for half a billion in revenue. The loser of this fight, especially if its Floyd, will be ridiculed endlessly. You'd be a fool to think neither of these dudes would juice with so much on the line. Not saying they will...but the shits possible.
emd01
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby A Level 1 Noob » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:35 am

I want Manny to win, just so that idiot Stephen A Smith can shut the hell up. And also so people(idiots) can stop saying FMM is the GOAT, thats just ridiculous.

The Real LW Sig Bet Champion Image
#FreeThiago
A Level 1 Noob
Sig Bet Grand Prix Champion

Postby J D » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:37 am

A Level 1 Noob wrote:I want Manny to win, just so that idiot Stephen A Smith can shut the hell up. And also so people(idiots) can stop saying FMM is the GOAT, thats just ridiculous.

Urijah Faber wrote:People don’t understand because they’re not fucking world-class fighters. When you’re at world championship level, you’re fighting other guys who are at a world championship level. So, you know, Dana White wants to say something? Let’s see him get in there and fight. Let’s see him fight somebody who’s a championship fighter and let’s see how many punches he throws in a round. Things change when you’re fighting the best guys in the world.
J D

Accolades: 2017-2018 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion
2016-2017 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champion
I am Canadian

Postby slevin » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:51 am

A Level 1 Noob wrote:I want Manny to win, just so that idiot Stephen A Smith can shut the hell up. And also so people(idiots) can stop saying FMM is the GOAT, thats just ridiculous.

Spoiler:
Sigbet: 51-35-4

Title Bets: 1-1

I actually picked this fucking guy over Nate Diaz lmao. When dipset speaks, listen.
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
Fantasy A-League Champion: May 2018, Nov 2018, Jan/Feb 2020
Fantasy B-League Champion: Dec 2017
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2017
2017 Fantasy Fix GP Champion

Postby A Level 1 Noob » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:07 pm

^^^^ Are you trying to say something? :-?

#FreeThiago
A Level 1 Noob

Postby slevin » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:09 pm

A Level 1 Noob wrote:^^^^ Are you trying to say something? :-?

Im just trying to mess with you a bit by showing you pics of the TBE, since you hate the idea of people calling him GOAT. :razz:
Sigbet: 51-35-4

Title Bets: 1-1

I actually picked this fucking guy over Nate Diaz lmao. When dipset speaks, listen.
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
Fantasy A-League Champion: May 2018, Nov 2018, Jan/Feb 2020
Fantasy B-League Champion: Dec 2017
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2017
2017 Fantasy Fix GP Champion

Postby emd01 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:00 pm

Is it really though? I understand the nostalgic feeling we get when talking about older fighters but some of the fighters people have no problem calling great aren't as good as Floyd technically...just the brutal truth. Name one ATG at 38 yrs old that could whoop a 38 yr old Floyd.

Now, I'm not saying Floyd is the best ever but his lil ass has a damn valid argument.
emd01
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby A Level 1 Noob » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:39 pm

emd01 wrote:

Is it really though? I understand the nostalgic feeling we get when talking about older fighters but some of the fighters people have no problem calling great aren't as good as Floyd technically...just the brutal truth. Name one ATG at 38 yrs old that could whoop a 38 yr old Floyd.

Now, I'm not saying Floyd is the best ever but his lil ass has a damn valid argument.

No fucking way, in any way is Floyd even in the same universe as the GOATS. Its easy fighting at 38 when your fighting bums. Fact is none of these clowns would even be ranked if they were born 50 years earlier.

And of course the ones in the past couldn't whip him if both were 38, because they actually fought and fought ranked, future Hall of famers. So they took more punishment. Floyd is good, a Hall of famer but if anyone has him anywhere near a Top 20 of all time, They should run into a brick wall.

#FreeThiago
A Level 1 Noob

Postby RaptorJEWSUS » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:03 pm

I wish that Manny Pac would win but we all know that is near impossible. :-(
Khabib (me) vs. Ferguson (DeceptaBum) - 2 weeks

FEDOR
GSP
Rory MacDonald
Joanna Jedrzejczyk
Khabib Nurmagomedov
Paul Daley

Weed beats speed.
Weed beats power.
Weed beats precision.
Weed beats timing.

First ever linker betting King to achieve greatness in every league. :gold:
RaptorJEWSUS
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Jan. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Oct. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Does Mayweather Have a Glass Body?

Postby DannyRocktown » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:07 am

Think this is just a "gym tale" or do you believe it? If it's true, what kind of advantage or disadvantage does this give to Pac-Man?

Discuss.

ImageImageImage
DannyRocktown
Admin

Accolades: Feb. 2016 MMALINKER Fantasy B-League Champion

Re: Does Mayweather Have a Glass Body?

Postby detfilteg » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:44 am

If it is true Mayweather should be doing this, and only this the rest of his fight camp.

wilfred wrote:We all have to make sacrifices, Ryan. Like the story of Jesus Christ. I'm sure the Roman soldiers wanted to hang out at the Pantheon and stare at tits all day, but they knew they had a duty to kill Jesus.
detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby Jojo » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:33 am

Danny posting fake news lol. I love cats that don't know shit about boxing then try to talk about boxing. Hilarious. Tyson recently gave an interview where he spoke about all time greats not having a shot against current athletes because guys are much better athletes today than the guys all time greats fought in the past. That's just facts. People are blinded by the Floyd hate though. Anyone who wants to put down a thousand on Manny though. Come holla. I already got four bets on Floyd and hes never lost me money. It's sad fools won't respect his technical skills and will just act like females and hate him over gay female shit.
A Pimp Named Pitbull

DonnyStonevillage wrote:Fedors back to save MMA one can at a time.

91-38
Jojo
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: First Linker Challenge Champion (Dunk-off)
Creator of the Tag Team Tournament
Survivor

Postby DannyRocktown » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:51 am

Black Zeus wrote:Image

Danny posting fake news lol. I love cats that don't know shit about boxing then try to talk about boxing. Hilarious. Tyson recently gave an interview where he spoke about all time greats not having a shot against current athletes because guys are much better athletes today than the guys all time greats fought in the past. That's just facts. People are blinded by the Floyd hate though. Anyone who wants to put down a thousand on Manny though. Come holla. I already got four bets on Floyd and hes never lost me money. It's sad fools won't respect his technical skills and will just act like females and hate him over gay female shit.

:lol:

Saw that the rumor was debunked a couple hours after I had posted that. Ahh it was a slow day for news...

ImageImageImage
DannyRocktown
Admin

Accolades: Feb. 2016 MMALINKER Fantasy B-League Champion

Postby A Level 1 Noob » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:24 am

Black Zeus wrote:Image

I also love it that. So let me school you right quick....

What Tyson said, i and anyone who knows a damn thing about Sports have been saying for years, its not breaking news. You can't compare Athlete from era B to athlete in era A. People evolve and the sport evolves. Does that mean that era A athlete is better? No. Is Dwight Howard better than Wilt Chamberlain? Is Ronaldo better than Pele? No, but if we transporter them back to the old Era they would shit on everyone and be the GOAT.

You can't compare it like that, you have to see what they did in their time, compare them with others in their time and how much better were they than anyone else in their time. Is Ronaldo good? yes but he's not head and shoulder above everyone else like Pele was. And thats why Pele and Jordan are the GOATS, even though current players are better athlete then them and would school them if they were to play.

And finally thats why FMM won't ever be a GOAT. Is he good? yes, probably the best of his era, but he isn't close to what Ali and SRR were in their time. When Ali and SRR came along, they were out of this world good. Better than everyone else, but also better than anything anyone else had seen. Also fought way better competition. If half of the fighters SRR fought were born in FMM era, there would be no FMM.

FMM the better athlete but no the better fight.

Basically What i said here (i explained it better in this quote, i think)

Mrbw, I completely agree But at the same time you can't say a Cain is better than a Fedor. Because they fought in different times. Yes If a they both fought each other in their primes Cain would win but that doesn't mean Cain is better. You know what i mean?

Like Pele is considered the best ever. But if you put a mid tier player back in the 70s they would be better than him. But again doesn't mean he's a better player. The way you compare , is how good were they compared to others in their time. And imo Fedor was way superior to other fighters in his time than Cain is now.

So imo Fedor>>>>Cain

Sports evolve, people evolve so an athlete in the future is going to be better than the past. Thats what makes comparing a modern athlete to an athlete who was active in the early stage of their sport very tricky

#FreeThiago
A Level 1 Noob

Postby emd01 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:16 pm

A Level 1 Noob wrote:
emd01 wrote:

No fucking way, in any way is Floyd even in the same universe as the GOATS. Its easy fighting at 38 when your fighting bums. Fact is none of these clowns would even be ranked if they were born 50 years earlier.

And of course the ones in the past couldn't whip him if both were 38, because they actually fought and fought ranked, future Hall of famers. So they took more punishment. Floyd is good, a Hall of famer but if anyone has him anywhere near a Top 20 of all time, They should run into a brick wall.

This is just your opinion though. The thing about GOATS is theyre rarely recognized while theyre active. Imo, Floyd, unlike most fighters of our era, could have fought and been a top fighter in any era. His defense alone is arguably the best ever. His plus/minus stats are ridiculous...head and shoulders above the rest. The reason its easy for Floyd to fight at 38 is because of his fighting style and defense not because he's fighting bums lmao. The hate for this dude is crazy.
emd01
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

PreviousNext

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.