Close
Login
Register

*Official* Linker Fantasy Football, Season 2

Discuss any and all non-combat sports here.

Re: *Official* Linker Fantasy Football, Season 2

Postby A Level 1 Noob » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:34 pm

ipizzle3 wrote:
A Level 1 Noob wrote:So I'm guaranteed first place. 2 weeks off now, what to do, what to do...

Not yet.

Yea, i just saw you went ahead on points :x ...why you do this?

Still guaranteed 2nd in the division since you play Mike :tup:

The Real LW Sig Bet Champion Image
#FreeThiago
A Level 1 Noob
Sig Bet Grand Prix Champion

Postby ipizzle3 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:29 pm

A Level 1 Noob wrote:
ipizzle3 wrote:
A Level 1 Noob wrote:So I'm guaranteed first place. 2 weeks off now, what to do, what to do...

Not yet.

Yea, i just saw you went ahead on points :x ...why you do this?

Still guaranteed 2nd in the division since you play Mike :tup:

Trust me I was as surprised as you.

Sig Bet Record 25-15
ipizzle3
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby ipizzle3 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:15 pm

Happy Thanksgiving boys.

Sig Bet Record 25-15
ipizzle3
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Jojo » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:50 pm

Am I mathematically eliminated from the playoffs? If not can you assholes (Real, Pizzle and Bluntz) not take loses today :lol:

Happy thanksgiving fags.
A Pimp Named Pitbull

DonnyStonevillage wrote:Fedors back to save MMA one can at a time.

91-38
Jojo
10th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: First Linker Challenge Champion (Dunk-off)
Creator of the Tag Team Tournament
Survivor

Postby Jojo » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:20 pm

Didn't a certain idiot Giants fan say the Eagles wouldn't be able to beat Dallas and had no chance of winning the division? :lol:
A Pimp Named Pitbull

91-38
Jojo

Survivor

Postby bruins2012 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:35 am

Why the Packers are the NFL's Greatest Team

In a season where N.F.L. owners have steadily threatened to lock out the players next year unless they secure more profits in the next collective bargaining agreement, it’s poetic justice to see the Green Bay Packers, the team without an owner, make the Super Bowl. Actually, it’s not quite accurate to say the Packers are without an owner. They have a hundred and twelve thousand of them. The Packers are owned by the fans, making them the only publicly owned, not-for-profit, major professional team in the United States. The Pack have been a fan-owned operation since the primitive pro football days of the nineteen-twenties, when N.F.L. teams could be won in card games and no one foresaw the awesome power this sport would hold over both the American imagination and the American wallet.

In 1923, the Packers were just another hardscrabble team on the brink of bankruptcy. Rather than fold they decided to sell shares to the community, with fans each throwing down a couple of dollars to keep the team afloat. That humble frozen seed has since blossomed into a situation wherein more than a hundred thousand stockholders own more than four million shares of a perennial playoff contender. Those holding Packers stock are limited to no more than two hundred thousand shares, keeping any individual from gaining control over the club. Shareholders receive no dividend check and no free tickets to Lambeau Field. They don’t even get a foam cheesehead. All they get is a piece of paper that says they are part-owners of the Green Bay Packers. They don’t even get a green and gold frame for display purposes.

The shareholders elect a board of directors and a seven-member executive committee to stand in at N.F.L. owners meetings. But football decisions are made by General Manager Ted Thompson, perhaps the luckiest and happiest G.M. in sports. This structure allows Thompson to execute decisions, even unpopular ones, without an impatient, jittery billionaire breathing down his neck. Since his hire in January 2005, Thompson has made his share of controversial moves. But unlike his G.M. brethren around the league, who carry little or no job security, Thompson has been given the space to see his moves succeed or fail on their own accord. It was Thompson who decided to jettison legendary quarterback Brett Favre in 2008 for the unproven but younger and considerably lower maintenance Aaron Rodgers. Today, Favre is officially (we hope) retired and Rodgers stands at the pinnacle of his sport.

The Packers’ unique setup has created a relationship between team and community unlike any in the N.F.L. Wisconsin fans get to enjoy the team with the confidence that their owner won’t threaten to move to Los Angeles unless the team gets a new mega-dome. Volunteers work concessions, with sixty per cent of the proceeds going to local charities. Even the beer is cheaper than at a typical N.F.L. stadium. Not only has home field been sold out for two decades, but during snowstorms, the team routinely puts out calls for volunteers to help shovel and is never disappointed by the response. It doesn’t matter how beloved the Cowboys are in Dallas; if Jerry Jones ever put out a call for free labor, he’d be laughed out of town.

Here are the Packers: financially solvent, competitive, and deeply connected to the hundred thousand person city of Green Bay. It’s a beautiful story but it’s one that the N.F.L. and Commissioner Roger Goodell take great pains both to hide and make sure no other locality replicates. It’s actually written in the N.F.L. bylaws that no team can be a non-profit, community owned entity. The late N.F.L. commissioner Pete Rozelle had it written into the league’s constitution in 1960. Article V, Section 4—otherwise known as the Green Bay Rule—states that “charitable organizations and/or corporations not organized for profit and not now a member of the league may not hold membership in the National Football League.”

I talked with Rick Chernick, a member of the Packers board of directors, about whether other communities should challenge the N.F.L. constitution and be like Green Bay. Chernick expressed doubt, saying:

I’m just not sure in today’s day and age a team could follow the Packer way. The cost of ownership is a ton today, thus being almost an impossible task without deep pockets. Green Bay is truly a special, special situation.

Chernick makes a valid point. But there is a strong counterargument as well. It may be exorbitantly expensive to run a team, but people don’t buy N.F.L. teams as a civic service. Being an N.F.L. owner is like having a license to print money. Television contracts alone run in the billions, with the 2006-2011 contracts valued at approximately $3 billion annually, $800 million more than the previous contracts. In addition, N.F.L. teams have received $6 billion in public funds to build the current crop of stadiums. In other words, the public is already shouldering a great deal of the cost and debt for N.F.L. franchises. But these public dollars, through some sort of magic alchemy, morph into private profits that often flow away from the communities that ponied up the dough. In the United States, we socialize the debt of sports and privatize the profits. Green Bay stands as a living, breathing, and, for the owners, frightening example, that pro sports can aid our cities in tough economic times, not drain them of scarce public resources.

Fans in San Diego and Minnesota, in particular, where local N.F.L. owners are threatening to uproot the home teams and move them to Los Angeles, might look toward Green Bay and wonder whether they could do a better job than the men in the owner’s box. And if N.F.L. owners go ahead and lock the players out next season, more than a few long suffering fans might look at their long suffering franchises and ask, “Maybe we don’t need owners at all.” It has worked in Green Bay—all the way to the Super Bowl.

http://www.newyorker.com/news/sporting- ... it-packers
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012

Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Postby Lsquared » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:53 pm

great article! packers fans are truly something else, there are a ton in minnesota and the tri-state area and they are as loyal as they come...

In the United States, we socialize the debt of sports and privatize the profits.

this pisses me off to no end, we are in the process right now of being raped by ziggy wulff and the mindframe that every new stadium we build must be bigger and better than the last one etc.

pimped by the owners and politicians who banter about job creation and all of that other bullshit they spew, all the while the tax base ponies up millions, while the aristocratic elite take our monies like they are entitled to. fucking assholes the whole lot of them!
Truth Does Not Demand Belief
68-18 - 7-3
Lsquared
Propaganda Agent

Accolades: Former Heavyweight Sig-Betting Champion

Postby bruins2012 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:10 am

Lsquared wrote:great article! packers fans are truly something else, there are a ton in minnesota and the tri-state area and they are as loyal as they come...

In the United States, we socialize the debt of sports and privatize the profits.

this pisses me off to no end, we are in the process right now of being raped by ziggy wulff and the mindframe that every new stadium we build must be bigger and better than the last one etc.

pimped by the owners and politicians who banter about job creation and all of that other bullshit they spew, all the while the tax base ponies up millions, while the aristocratic elite take our monies like they are entitled to. fucking assholes the whole lot of them!

A very large portion of the profits go back into the stadium, which is why its one of the nicest in the league, and go to charities around Wisconsin. There was a great piece on it by Felgar (a native of Wisconsin) and Mazz out of Boston. Here is the clip if you want to listen to it;

Starting at about the 2 minute mark.
http://boston.cbslocal.com/audio/felger-massarotti/
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012

Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Postby Lsquared » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:59 am

ok jojo

im putting jonas gray in my flex again, after getting goosegged lastweek because he missed practice, and also the addition of legarrette blount, im not sure that gray is out of belichecks doghouse ? but if they do pound the rock me thinks gray has the potential to put up good numbers...

you have some juicy matchups this week. good luck!
68-18 - 7-3
Lsquared
Propaganda Agent

Postby Jojo » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:24 pm

Black Zeus wrote:Am I mathematically eliminated from the playoffs?

Can one of you fucks answer me....
A Pimp Named Pitbull

91-38
Jojo

Survivor

Postby A Level 1 Noob » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:39 pm

Black Zeus wrote:
Black Zeus wrote:Am I mathematically eliminated from the playoffs?

Can one of you fucks answer me....

No you're not

#FreeThiago
A Level 1 Noob

Postby Jojo » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:00 pm

Fuck I'm mad I kept Bryant in my flex over Torre or Keenan.

Hey Lqueer. You mad you didn't leave LaFells in instead of getting cocky? :lol: :lol:
A Pimp Named Pitbull

91-38
Jojo

Survivor

Postby Lsquared » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:07 pm

Black Zeus wrote:Fuck I'm mad I kept Bryant in my flex over Torre or Keenan.

Hey Lqueer. You mad you didn't leave LaFells in instead of getting cocky? :lol: :lol:

not really. you would have beat me anyway.
68-18 - 7-3
Lsquared
Propaganda Agent

Postby A Level 1 Noob » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:15 pm

Jojo got in with that 6-7 record ........looking like the NFC South :lol:

#FreeThiago
A Level 1 Noob

Postby Jojo » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:24 pm

A Level 1 Noob wrote:Jojo got in with that 6-7 record ........looking like the NFC South :lol:

:lol:
A Pimp Named Pitbull

91-38
Jojo

Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to The "Club House"