Close
Login
Register

Official Linker e-Stat Thread!

Conditioning, one of the most important aspects of your training. Strength, everyone needs it. Discuss what works for you?

Re: Official Linker e-Stat Thread!

Postby CoffeeEnemasBrah » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:17 am

DAMN what the fuck man :-(
Still pretty impressive numbers, that tear looks so nasty. From benching?
CoffeeEnemasBrah
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: Formerly biscuits69

Postby the209of505 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:33 pm

biscuitsbrah wrote:DAMN what the fuck man :-(

Actually, I did it during incline with lighter weight. I usually top out on bench with a single, then go over to incline to work some reps. I would do a set of 12 reps with 275 lbs.--very strict controlled reps, and usually not much of a struggle. At about rep 6, felt this sharp twinge but just ignored it and kept going. By rep 10, there was this loud snap, and lost all muscle function mid-rep --arm kinda flopped to my side like a wet noodle, and weight crashed down on my clavicles. Was able to center my uninjured arm on the bar to push, and between me and my spotter, were able to get the weight racked.

Fortunately, I didn’t need surgery. Because the tear was right through the thick of the muscle belly, the orthopedic surgeon compared it to trying to sew jello together. (A more common pec tear is when the tendon rips out of the humerus, and that always requires surgery.) Scar tissue formed and rejoined both sides of the torn muscle. When it first began healing, the muscle would sometimes cramp involuntarily, which would then cause it to re-tear along the new scar tissue. That was a son of a bitch--most painful thing I’ve experienced. Doing well now and am pretty much healed. When I bench, I use a narrow group (almost close-grip BP) so that when I hit failure, triceps give out before my chest. Figure there’s no reason why I shouldn’t be back up to 405 by end of the year.
Linker's Curmudgeon
the209of505
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Acepitbull » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:29 am

I've made some good progress overall this past year. I've ran 5/3/1 pyramid style since January. I also incorporated heavy singles every 2-3 weeks. My current stats are:

Bench: 355
Squat: 525 (I've made good progress on the squat since I've gotten my left knee healthy.)
DL: 495 (5/3/1 is not working well for me on the DL. I've made no progress this year. Partly, it is due to lower back issues, but still.)
Press: 225

I'm 6ft 235lb right now. I lift completely raw. I stopped using gloves earlier this year. I wear knee wraps when my knees are aching, but that is rare. I never wear a belt, but that will soon change. My lower back has been killing me. I'm hoping a belt will help some. I plan on competing in my first powerlifting competition in 2014. My goals are a 405 bench, 605 squat and DL, and a BW press. I can see myself reaching my goals in the next year or so on everything but the DL. I'm going to run Paul Carter's Lift Run Bang 365 program in 2014.
Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.-Mark Twain

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.- Confucius
Acepitbull
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby BeastMode209 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:42 am

That is one of the craziest things I've seen man. Holy shit! Glad he's doing better and it didn't require surgery. Props to you sir for sticking with it.
C-League Fucked Your Mom Team
Cowboy
Signature Bet Record 16(1)-23
-HW- Dana White/Hunt -LHW- Jones -MW- Spider -WW- Diaz//MMFB -LW- Diaz//Cerrone -FW-Notorious//SageNC -BW- Bruce Leeroy/-WBW-/Who fucking cares -FW- Cubby
-FLY- Benavidez

Chuck Bader
Spoiler:
BeastMode209
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby KC Masterpiece » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:34 pm

Acepitbull wrote:5/3/1 is not working well for me on the DL.

I had the same experience.

Acepitbull wrote:My lower back has been killing me. I'm hoping a belt will help some.

I had the same experience here, too. I would prioritize hip mobility (especially the psoas and other flexors) and ab work. A belt is good for real heavy lifting, but you might want to try working elsewhere first.
MurderfaceMMA wrote:A few years ago i was downloading all the UFCs from torrent sites. One day my internet was shut off, and when i called the provider, they said the UFCs lawyers called and got an injunction to shut down my internet.

ImageImage
KC Masterpiece
Deputy Director Masterbro

Postby the209of505 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:50 pm

BeastMode209 wrote:

That is one of the craziest things I've seen man. Holy shit! Glad he's doing better and it didn't require surgery. Props to you sir for sticking with it.

Appreciate the support, man. Now, I just gotta keep it going through the new year.
Linker's Curmudgeon
the209of505
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby timbercutter » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:47 am

after my longest non surgery related layoff (74 days) in 15 years I am finally back to doing reps with 225lbs---trying to be ready for a competition in early march
Warming the Earth, one tree at a time
Hail the return of DUNCAN!
SIG BETS @ 12-3
Fuck Kusok
timbercutter
bad ass

Location: Below a cold desolate country, populated with former frenchmen and crack smokin mayors
Accolades: Real Life Bad Ass

Postby The Smurf » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:54 am

the209of505 wrote:Cool thread, Biscuits--just came across this gem.

Current deadlift 455
Not where I was a year ago, but am making progress. Below are days 1-4 after my pec tear.

fucking hell man..i hope u are all better now..

started lifting when i was 16..im 29 now.. 6'1(187cm)- 225pounds - 97kg

as im greek..i aint completely sure what u guys are on about..i benchpress about 120kg(265) - 12-10-8 (reps) and bicepts 25kg for each arm..(sets of 12) tricepts the same ..25kg..

deadlift - 7 reps(dont want to fuck up my knees) - 160kg..

and i basically have stopped lifting in the last few years(since i was 24) and started doing maaany reps with really few kgs.. so i can get more snap into my punches.. like i hold 2 - 4 pound weights and assume stand up position when i do my training..(the warm up anyway)

current - 20kg for bicepts and tricepts and 100 kg benchpress just so i wont melt down..i lift just every now and then(twice a week)

first time i sat on a benchpress (16 years old) i did one rep with 95kg.

pancrase : 7-14years old
boxing from 16-19
jiu jitsu: 21-26
muay thai 24- up to now

gonna be competing ometime this eyar in the next jiu jitsu acropolis..some friend i roll with got a gold..and i tap him every time..hopefully ill win
The Smurf

Postby the209of505 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:07 am

fragiskos25 wrote:
the209of505 wrote:Cool thread, Biscuits--just came across this gem.

Current deadlift 455
Not where I was a year ago, but am making progress. Below are days 1-4 after my pec tear.

fucking hell man..i hope u are all better now..

started lifting when i was 16..im 29 now.. 6'1(187cm)- 225pounds - 97kg

as im greek..i aint completely sure what u guys are on about..i benchpress about 120kg(265) - 12-10-8 (reps) and bicepts 25kg for each arm..(sets of 12) tricepts the same ..25kg..

deadlift - 7 reps(dont want to fuck up my knees) - 160kg..

and i basically have stopped lifting in the last few years(since i was 24) and started doing maaany reps with really few kgs.. so i can get more snap into my punches.. like i hold 2 - 4 pound weights and assume stand up position when i do my training..(the warm up anyway)

current - 20kg for bicepts and tricepts and 100 kg benchpress just so i wont melt down..i lift just every now and then(twice a week)

first time i sat on a benchpress (16 years old) i did one rep with 95kg.

pancrase : 7-14years old
boxing from 16-19
jiu jitsu: 21-26
muay thai 24- up to now

gonna be competing ometime this eyar in the next jiu jitsu acropolis..some friend i roll with got a gold..and i tap him every time..hopefully ill win

Thanks, Fragiskos. Doing much better now.

You got some solid lifts--imagine that'll help in your jitz competition. Be sure to post a vid in MiniMan's Linker Fight Vids thread--always cool to see Linkers compete.
Linker's Curmudgeon
the209of505
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby KingOfPancrase » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:55 am

Bench Press today. Did two sets of 6 with 245. Trying to get back up to 275 for 6.
KingOfPancrase
2nd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Postby Yall Racist » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:42 pm

Still lacking on my bench because of my fucked up arm but did my max for 3 reps on deadlift the other night @ 405. Was proud of myself.

Bench - 185
Squat - 365
Deadlift - 405
Yall Racist

Postby the209of505 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:28 am

Yall Racist wrote:Still lacking on my bench because of my fucked up arm but did my max for 3 reps on deadlift the other night @ 405. Was proud of myself.

Bench - 185
Squat - 365
Deadlift - 405

If you don't mind me asking, what'd you do to your arm?
Linker's Curmudgeon
the209of505
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby KingOfPancrase » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:21 pm

Did a set of squats with 295 for 6 reps yesterday below parallel.
KingOfPancrase

Postby CoffeeEnemasBrah » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:30 pm

the209of505 wrote:
Yall Racist wrote:Still lacking on my bench because of my fucked up arm but did my max for 3 reps on deadlift the other night @ 405. Was proud of myself.

Bench - 185
Squat - 365
Deadlift - 405

If you don't mind me asking, what'd you do to your arm?

Yeah. Huge gap in your numbers there
CoffeeEnemasBrah
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: Formerly biscuits69

Postby KingOfPancrase » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:17 pm

Bench: 3 sets of 6 reps with 245. New PR.
KingOfPancrase

PreviousNext

Return to Conditioning and Strength Training