Close
Login
Register

Official Linker e-Stat Thread!

Conditioning, one of the most important aspects of your training. Strength, everyone needs it. Discuss what works for you?

Re: Official Linker e-Stat Thread!

Postby tron8 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:59 am

Thanks for the advice. I'll start with the first Day 1 part tomorrow. Tomorrow is my dead lift + Rows day. I'll probably read everything you wrote in more detail tomorrow. I'm a bit tired today. But i appreciate the advice. :tup:

"Fuck your mother" and "Show me the money bitches" - Moose
tron8
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby mikalianenkomedov » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:20 am

word. If you're just starting the routine I posted start with this:

Day 1
Legs/ Back/ Bi's

3x Squats: 5 reps
3x Ham Curl: 8 reps
3x A Row: 5 reps
2x Bicep Curls: 10 reps

Day 2
Chest/ Delts/ Tri's

3x Bench Press: 5 reps
3x Military Press: 8 reps
3x Tricep Isolation: 8 reps
2x Calf Work: 15 reps

Day 3
Legs/ Back/ Bi's

3x Deadlifts: 5 reps
3x Pullups: 8 reps
3x Leg Press: 8 reps
2x Biceps Curls: 10 reps

Day 4
Chest/ Delts/ Tri's

4x Incline DB Press: 5 reps
3x Chest Dips: 8 reps
3x Side Lateral Raise: 8 reps
2x Calf Work: 15 reps

Day 1: On
Day 2: On
Day 3: Off
Day 4: On
Day 5: Off
Day 6: On
Day 7: Off

and slowly add things in to each day.

Day 1 I added stiff legged deadlifts first after about 4 months, and then both leg curls another 2 months after that.
Day 2 I added seated dumbbell press after about 3 months with flyes another month afterwards.
Day 3 I added Lat Pulldowns and Rear Delt Flyes both about 5 months after starting
Day 4 I added Incline DB press 3 months after and dumbell rows 5 months after.

But each person is different. When you feel a major area isn't getting hit as hard or recovers fast enough, feel free to add another work out to it so long as you keep up progression on your main 5 lifts (Squats, Deadlifts, Overhead Press, Bench Press, & Barbell Row)

It's not particularly high volume at first but the lifts are really high intensity if you're using proper weight and following linear progression (basically adding 5lbs to Squat/Bench/Dead/OHP/Row every workout and deloading when you reach failure then adding 5 lbs again)
Formerly known as Mikal.

= = =
Twitter: @MikalMMA
= = =
ImageMOTHER RUSSIA MMA NEVER DIEImage
mikalianenkomedov
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby tron8 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:25 pm

mikalianenkomedov wrote:
Day 1
Legs/ Back/ Bi's

3x Squats: 5 reps
3x Ham Curl: 8 reps
3x A Row: 5 reps
2x Bicep Curls: 10 reps

Now that i'm awake i'll try this work out. I'll probably increase the reps of squats and rows to 8 and 10 respectively. I normally do rows with 2 big plates at 12 reps. Perhaps i'll maintain that pace. Bicep curls i normally do 40 pounds at 10 reps each arm. Thanks for the plans. Now i dont have to think about what i want to do haha.

tron8
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby mikalianenkomedov » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:34 pm

Make sure this is how you do your barbell rows:

Most efficient and optimal way. Most activation in your back. Some say don't go all the way to the ground but they're wrong - you should, and you should bring the bar all the way up to your chest.

Bicep work is bicep work - can pretty much do whatever you like as long as you do some to keep them caught up.

Here's a really good read on why 5 rep programs,

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/traini ... ogram.html

I still advise it. High weights, low reps is best for building muscle. Get the weight up so you can do higher reps at higher weight and the aesthetic process comes much easier.
Formerly known as Mikal.

= = =
= = =
mikalianenkomedov
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby tron8 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:35 pm

Nice row video. I actually do it a different way however, i'm going to start trying the way in the vid.
I'll read the article when i get a chance. Good looks on the info.

tron8
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby the209of505 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:33 pm

tron8 wrote:Holy fuck dude you're a monster!! I'm Jelly. You're definitely one of those dudes i see at the gym and secretly in my head i'm hating (that's a good thing though :lol:) Good shit :tup:

My mind is literally trying to revolve around the idea that you dead lift so much damn weight. Your DL form must be beastly to sustain that much weight.

You’ll get there--got so much time ahead of you. I’ve been lifting 20+ years, and probably only have another 6-7 yrs to accomplish my lifting goals. You, on the other hand, world’s your oyster. And if you stick to it, probably will surpass me by the time you’re my age.

Black Zeus wrote:
biscuitsbrah wrote:
the209of505 wrote:
Yall Racist wrote:Still lacking on my bench because of my fucked up arm but did my max for 3 reps on deadlift the other night @ 405. Was proud of myself.

Bench - 185
Squat - 365
Deadlift - 405

If you don't mind me asking, what'd you do to your arm?

Yeah. Huge gap in your numbers there

:lol: this was my post. My bench sucks because of issues with right tri due to the fact that I almost had my arm blown off many years ago. I never completed physical therapy because at the time I had just gotten insurance through my job and they could not cover me when I was not working.

Been a bitch getting my right arm up to proper form. But I did bench 190 for 4 reps this past Monday. Over the years it has slowly started to come back for me. But with everything, it takes time.

Pretty respectable numbers, especially considering you’re essentially lifting with only one good arm. Also, late to the party here (been busy and not logging in much), but welcome back!!--though, by the looks of things ^, guess you were never really gone. :lol:
Linker's Curmudgeon
the209of505
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby iHeartChrisWheelkick » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:27 am

Yeah my leg and back routines go very well and I love feeling the power doing squats and dead lifts. But I wish I could get this arm up to speed faster because my chest is lacking the same strength. I find incline benching a bit easier. For some reason I can lift heavier on incline than flat bench. Probably a scientific thing but I'm not a genius like you my friend so I don't even know :lol:

I'm thinking of starting to throw power cleans somewhere in my routine. But I'm weary of going heavy because the gun shot injury has also affected my right shoulder a bit. It isn't really affected when doing shrugs or shoulder rows. But when I do delt raises or over head press it is greatly affected. Probably because the triceps are used when doing those moves as well.

Thanks for the welcome back too bro :tup:
A Pimp Named Pitbull

DonnyStonevillage wrote:Fedors back to save MMA one can at a time.

91-38
iHeartChrisWheelkick
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: First Linker Challenge Champion (Dunk-off)
Creator of the Tag Team Tournament
Survivor

Postby chadjohn24 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:08 pm

Bench press today, during workout hit 255 x 3 and 270 x 1 pretty easy. A little slow coming up with third rep at 255, 270 went up pretty easy. Didn't go any higher today, want to hit that 300
chadjohn24
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby the209of505 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:16 am

Haven't been working out much, lately--getting married and a kid on the way, so been preoccupied with everything--but the gym.

Been about a month since I went to the gym, but worked out today. Benched 405 x 4 and squat 455 x 4 (deep squat). Was actually really happy with that, because have an old injury that usually nags when I squat, but wasn't an issue at all--and think it might finally be on the mend.
Linker's Curmudgeon
the209of505
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby tron8 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:34 am

the209of505 wrote:Haven't been working out much, lately--getting married and a kid on the way, so been preoccupied with everything--but the gym.

Been about a month since I went to the gym, but worked out today. Benched 405 x 4 and squat 455 x 4 (deep squat). Was actually really happy with that, because have an old injury that usually nags when I squat, but wasn't an issue at all--and think it might finally be on the mend.

Lol 405. Those types of numbers are devastating. I cant even Bench 205. Good shit though.

tron8
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby the209of505 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:22 am

tron8 wrote:
the209of505 wrote:Haven't been working out much, lately--getting married and a kid on the way, so been preoccupied with everything--but the gym.

Lol 405. Those types of numbers are devastating. I cant even Bench 205. Good shit though.

Moved up to reps with 420 (thought you’d appreciate that :lol: ) last week, and felt a weird pull in my old pec injury. So, probably will need to lay off for awhile.

Currently weigh about 225lbs--though just came back fat and happy from my honeymoon. And am oddly contemplating whether I’d be able to get down to my old fight weight, 150ish (walk-around weight). Didn’t bug me when I was 225lbs and benching 405+, but now that I’m not--just kinda seems like I should be lighter.
Linker's Curmudgeon
the209of505
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby tron8 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:09 pm

I currently weigh 159ib.

Bench - 185
Dead lift - 225

420 is pretty beastly. How many plates is that?

tron8
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby the209of505 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:06 am

tron8 wrote:I currently weigh 159ib.

Bench - 185
Dead lift - 225

Looks like you've been making some progress. Body weight stayed constant, but strength's up. Nice.

tron8 wrote:420 is pretty beastly. How many plates is that?

Four plates (on each side), a five, and a little coaster (2 1/2lbs) at the end. Always feel kinda silly using those the 2 1/2's. :lol:
Linker's Curmudgeon
the209of505
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby the209of505 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:47 am

the209of505 wrote:Moved up to reps with 420 (thought you’d appreciate that :lol: ) last week, and felt a weird pull in my old pec injury. So, probably will need to lay off for awhile.

Currently weigh about 225lbs--though just came back fat and happy from my honeymoon. And am oddly contemplating whether I’d be able to get down to my old fight weight, 150ish (walk-around weight). Didn’t bug me when I was 225lbs and benching 405+, but now that I’m not--just kinda seems like I should be lighter.

A bit off-topic, but just wanted to give an update:

A little over two weeks into dieting (17 days), and so far, am 36lbs lighter. Good to know that even though I'm older, can still cut weight like I used to. Will probably take a couple of days off (am so fucking hungry), and then drop another 25-30 within the next couple of weeks.
Linker's Curmudgeon
the209of505
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby mikalianenkomedov » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:58 pm

I've completely changed my routine and switched over to the powerlifting side of things.

Progression is based off of how many reps you hit per set. Take your worst set (lowest rep achieved in a set) and follow this chart:

6 reps = +10lbs
5 reps = +5lbs
4 reps = +2.5lbs
3 reps = +1lbs

Using autoregulation and what not. Main 3 lifts are shooting up man.

Powerliftingtowin.com is a fuckin' wicked website lol
Formerly known as Mikal.

= = =
= = =
mikalianenkomedov
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

PreviousNext

Return to Conditioning and Strength Training