Close
Login
Register

*Official* Liddell vs Wandy @ UFC 79

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

Chuck Liddell vs. Wanderlei Silva

Silva
69%
Liddell
31%

Total votes : 72

Postby mS_? » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:52 pm

Doughboy wrote:
Also im not 100% on this cause it was a pretty old fight but im pretty sure I've seen Chuck Liddel submit somebody (before his UFC years). Just watch his Hybrid Freestyle DVD if you doubt his JJ.

Kenneth Williams... Funny thing, his only two losses were to Rampage and Liddell and both were by Rear Naked Choke.
mS_?
White Belt
White Belt

Postby alaric » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:46 pm

Chuck needs this, falling 0-3 from the top would be too big a fall. I'd expect him to retire after that.

When was the last time Silva fought?

I think Dana really likes Chuck that's why he is booking him so soon, give him a chance to redeem after losing to a B fighter.
alaric
White Belt
White Belt

Postby Detox » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:56 pm

alaric wrote:Chuck needs this, falling 0-3 from the top would be too big a fall. I'd expect him to retire after that.

When was the last time Silva fought?

I think Dana really likes Chuck that's why he is booking him so soon, give him a chance to redeem after losing to a B fighter.

Absolutely NOT!

His friendship with Liddell has nothing to do with it in my opinion!

First, that match has been talked about and tried for years already and never got done! And White learned his lesson, than anything can happen in MMA and he's got to book it NOW, while it will pay off and not wait before it's too late and that match, a dream match in the mind of many fans, never coming a reality!
Back for the first time on mmalinker since 2007! That's right!
Detox
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby rmelgar9 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:47 pm

FINALLY, it's mma baby, anything can happen!!!

Both are coming out of 2 losses andare amaizing strikers, this will be a great fight, hope it doesn't end quick.
I have great respect for wandy, but I have to go with Chuck, this will be awesome.
rmelgar9
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby MJWhite » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:33 am

liddell is going to get caught imo.. should be a good fight though.. 8)
MJWhite
White Belt
White Belt

Postby true520 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:10 pm

Someone asked about Silva's last fight. He lost the 205 Lb belt to Dan Henderson last Dec (maybe Feburary this year too..??) AND before that, he lost to Cro Cop in the fight for the "utilimited weight division" belt.
Both of Wandi's losses were BAD beat downs too. Where as with Chuck, he got caught (Rampage)...and then out-decisioned (Jardine) SO, mentally...I just dont know how bad chuck is OR isnt.

BUT...I do know this...Wandy will be coming HARD...His team has been humilated this year (Both Shogun and Ninga) AND also all that crap about Pride guys not stnding up to their rep...I will say this...IT SHOULD be a war!

By the way, I VOTED for Chuck...I think Wandy will be charging in...and that plays right into Chuck's game plan!

AND MAN I HOPE CHUCK PULLS THIS ONE OFF !! !!

Mitch
true520
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby born2ball11 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:57 pm

dude i fuckin love silva...chuck well be forced into retirement after this embarassing loss that everyone sees coming...
born2ball11
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby born2ball11 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:58 pm

there a couple years too late for this fight tobad they couldnt do it when liddell was in his prime
born2ball11
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby true520 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:23 pm

dude i fuckin love silva...chuck well be forced into retirement after this embarassing loss that everyone sees coming...

Duh,,,, Forrest vs Shogun ring any bells. I think that was like 90% Shogun Dominace.... Except for me and maybe 3 others! :lol:

I like Silva and Chuck...will be happy for either winner....BUT, I still say Silva Comes forward, where as Rampage waits...I think Silva's forward movement will play into Chucks hands...He is best when backing up...dont know why...he just is.
I say Chuck by KO late in round 1

Mitch
true520
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby BryanKerr » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:34 pm

true520 wrote:dude i fuckin love silva...chuck well be forced into retirement after this embarassing loss that everyone sees coming...

Duh,,,, Forrest vs Shogun ring any bells. I think that was like 90% Shogun Dominace.... Except for me and maybe 3 others! :lol:

I like Silva and Chuck...will be happy for either winner....BUT, I still say Silva Comes forward, where as Rampage waits...I think Silva's forward movement will play into Chucks hands...He is best when backing up...dont know why...he just is.
I say Chuck by KO late in round 1

Mitch

i know, silva's gonna be too hyped up to put on a good performance that he's gonna get caught. I always think this too, ever since the match was thought up 3 years ago. but i just dont want to believe it.
BryanKerr
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby halal pig » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:10 pm

fuck silva. he went to pride and dominated it after getting owned in the ufc. hes lost to 2 guys hes beat before (counting cro cop). liddell lost to jardine. so that probably says their both out of thier prime. its an mma match that really needed to happen earlier and now has little meaning. im sure liddell wouldve beaten him in about 2004-2006 when they both were on top and in thier prime. now i just hope liddell still is able to beat this pride fighter.
halal pig
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby Apocalypse » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:58 pm

I am a diehard Liddell fan. However, I am far from being in denial. To me Chuck needs to be prepared for Wandy's knees. As Wandy needs to watch Chuck's haymaker. May the best man win.
Apocalypse
White Belt
White Belt

Postby Oldtoby420 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:55 pm

Apocalypse wrote:May the best man win.

True that, tru dat.
Oldtoby420
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Postby reversal machine » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:57 pm

dang i wish i stumbled across this thread earlier. so much has been said and i agree and disagree with alot.

i am glad to see this fight happen tho. imo the losses the two have experienced the last couple months dont mean much. they both will come ready to give us what we have waited for.

good show.

im going for wandy but dont count chuck out. i only wish it was a either a 10 minute first round or a 5 round event.

dang.

" after my fight, i would like to thank science." - mayhem
reversal machine
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby drradical » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:45 pm

Judging from the pictures, it looks like whoever maximizes their HGH cycle will be victorious.
drradical
White Belt
White Belt

PreviousNext

Return to MMA Discussion