Close
Login
Register

*Official* Liddell vs Wandy @ UFC 79

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

Chuck Liddell vs. Wanderlei Silva

Silva
50
69%
Liddell
22
31%
 
Total votes : 72

Postby Doughboy » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:55 am

Just so everybody knows I think Silva would win this fight but im a little confused on everybodies predictions here. You think giving Chuck space gives him a disadvantage over Silva? Chuck Liddel fights from the outside shooting in with his power shots everybody knows that.
You make it sound like he's a pocket/clinch fighter. Notice how Chuck hangs his hands low. Thats to incourage his opponents to step into his guard, throw a shot and get countered by an overhand or hook. Thats one of his down falls is that Chuck just doesn't press the action enough. He is crafty and will wait for you to come to him. So as a counter fighter I don't think Silva has the advantage at all giving Chuck space to throw bombs. Silva is going to WANT to be the aggresser making sure Liddel can't utilize his strikes.

Also im not 100% on this cause it was a pretty old fight but im pretty sure I've seen Chuck Liddel submit somebody (before his UFC years). Just watch his Hybrid Freestyle DVD if you doubt his JJ.
Image
19K Death before dismount!
User avatar
Doughboy
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
 
Posts: 376
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:06 pm
Location: WI, USA

Postby Suntzu510 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:11 am

I think this is a very bad match-up for Chuck, coming from two losses it's going to be a tough one. What if Chuck losses the fight? Where can he go from three lost in the row? Although, I woundn't mind seeing this fight happen but I'm only saying that it's a very bad match up for him.

In most casses I think Silva is going to take this one brutally. I think Chuck is going to come in and be caution about getting knock out; that would lead him runing around the cage with Silva stalking him. With that being said it's going to be either a war or one quick fight.
User avatar
Suntzu510
White Belt
White Belt
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:57 am

Postby drewtyer » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:47 am

Suntzu510 wrote:I think this is a very bad match-up for Chuck, coming from two losses it's going to be a tough one. What if Chuck losses the fight? Where can he go from three lost in the row? Although, I woundn't mind seeing this fight happen but I'm only saying that it's a very bad match up for him.

In most casses I think Silva is going to take this one brutally. I think Chuck is going to come in and be caution about getting knock out; that would lead him runing around the cage with Silva stalking him. With that being said it's going to be either a war or one quick fight.


Wenderlei is coming off two losses in a row.

This is a great match-up due to the fact that Chuck is still a world class fighter(i'm disgusted by all the people who have jumped on the chuck sucks bandwagon!)

this fight will be something to remember.
User avatar
drewtyer
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
 
Posts: 1012
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Little Rock

Postby BryanKerr » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:21 am

drewtyer wrote:
Suntzu510 wrote:I think this is a very bad match-up for Chuck, coming from two losses it's going to be a tough one. What if Chuck losses the fight? Where can he go from three lost in the row? Although, I woundn't mind seeing this fight happen but I'm only saying that it's a very bad match up for him.

In most casses I think Silva is going to take this one brutally. I think Chuck is going to come in and be caution about getting knock out; that would lead him runing around the cage with Silva stalking him. With that being said it's going to be either a war or one quick fight.


Wenderlei is coming off two losses in a row.

This is a great match-up due to the fact that Chuck is still a world class fighter(i'm disgusted by all the people who have jumped on the chuck sucks bandwagon!)

this fight will be something to remember.


yeah but this is wanderlei's first fight in the UFC. If he lost this fight it wouldn't be the complete end for him.
BryanKerr
Green Belt
Green Belt
 
Posts: 655
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:49 pm

Postby drewtyer » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:58 pm

BryanKerr wrote:
drewtyer wrote:
Suntzu510 wrote:I think this is a very bad match-up for Chuck, coming from two losses it's going to be a tough one. What if Chuck losses the fight? Where can he go from three lost in the row? Although, I woundn't mind seeing this fight happen but I'm only saying that it's a very bad match up for him.

In most casses I think Silva is going to take this one brutally. I think Chuck is going to come in and be caution about getting knock out; that would lead him runing around the cage with Silva stalking him. With that being said it's going to be either a war or one quick fight.


Wenderlei is coming off two losses in a row.

This is a great match-up due to the fact that Chuck is still a world class fighter(i'm disgusted by all the people who have jumped on the chuck sucks bandwagon!)

this fight will be something to remember.


yeah but this is wanderlei's first fight in the UFC. If he lost this fight it wouldn't be the complete end for him.


No, this is his second he fought Tito and lost.
User avatar
drewtyer
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
 
Posts: 1012
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Little Rock

Postby Oldtoby420 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:30 am

This is just all bad for Chuck I think Wander will beat him then Chuck will be back on th road of recovory to his title shot that may never happen.

Chuck < Wanderlei

Will be a great fight I think & well if I'm wrong & Chuck can beat him he'll no doubt get his title shot.
User avatar
Oldtoby420
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 5099
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:02 am
Location: South Farthing of The Shire

Postby Detox » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:14 am

It is indeed confirmed as of now, Wanderlei Silva & Chuck Lideell will meet at UFC 79 in December:

10/23/2007

FINALLY, TWO LEGENDS MEET

For years, UFC® fight fans have speculated about the outcome of a historic dream matchup between two legendary figures in the sport of mixed martial arts, Chuck Liddell and Wanderlei Silva. Tonight, on Spike TV’s 2007 Scream Awards, UFC President Dana White announced that this dream will finally become a reality when UFC and PRIDE former champions Chuck “The Iceman” Liddell and “The Axe Murderer” Wanderlei Silva face each other at UFC 79: NEMESIS live from the Mandalay Bay Events Center Saturday, December 29, 2007

Source: UFC.com
Back for the first time on mmalinker since 2007! That's right!
Detox
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:59 pm

silva and chuck

Postby skylerholderman » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:18 am

ok how can anyone honestly bookchuck against a fighter as dominate as wanderlei when he cant beat rampage and rampage got knocked out twice by wanderlei...and i mean honestly chuck had a nice run as champ but as far as im concerned he is done
skylerholderman
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:13 am

Postby true520 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:24 am

and i mean honestly chuck had a nice run as champ but as far as im concerned he is done

You know...I am surprised, but that seems to be the thought process of a lot of people on here...I ofeten wondered why too. I mean, he is gettin older, and he just lost two bad fights...and to me this is the WORST match up for him to come back too....BUT HEY, Who else has this much Draw power! I mean... HOW popular is this PPV going to be...CHUCK vs WANDY and HUGHES vs SERA! I say "Bring it on baby!"


“Chuck and Wanderlei have both wanted this fight for as long as they can remember, and this is definitely the fight that fans have waited for years to see. Finally, PRIDE’s most dangerous striker will face the UFC’s most dangerous striker, and the world will know after years of speculation who will win and who will lose this fight.”

I think this was well said! IT is a BIG (possibly BAD) fight for Chuck and Wanderli...ABSOLUTELY! BUT Hey, they are getting paid very well to handle the loss!
Mitch
true520
Black Belt
Black Belt
 
Posts: 2654
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:51 pm
Location: Marion, NC

Postby abadmofo » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:46 am

van wrote:you know that Dana would of never allowed this when chuck was champion. because if chuck were to get beat, that would make the FC look bad in the sense that Pride beat the UFC

but now that chuck has 2 losses under his name, Wandy beating him would not mean as much. Alll the fanboys will probably just say chuck is old now, his fire is gone, chuck would of beat him 3 years ago, and so on...


i dont no if he would have wanted the fight when chuck was the champ, but he let chuck fight in the pride grand prix with the hope that he would get to fight silva, rampage just got in his way. i do think that dana has wanted this fight for years.
abadmofo
White Belt
White Belt
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:35 pm

Postby Detox » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:13 pm

skylerholderman wrote:ok how can anyone honestly bookchuck against a fighter as dominate as wanderlei when he cant beat rampage and rampage got knocked out twice by wanderlei...and i mean honestly chuck had a nice run as champ but as far as im concerned he is done


Your post here is one of the stupidest I’ve ever read!!

According to your post, we should always judge a fight by who was beat by his opponent before!? If so Silva ain’t no better competition for Chuck since Silva got his retarded ass whooped by Tito AND Belfort when Liddell beat them down both!!!

Liddell lost his 2 last fights? So did Silva as he got annihilated by Cro Cop AND by Henderson!!! The same Henderson by the way whom was beat by the new and improved Jackson just a couple of months ago!!

Your post is just a blatant none sense, sorry!

true520 wrote:“Chuck and Wanderlei have both wanted this fight for as long as they can remember, and this is definitely the fight that fans have waited for years to see. Finally, PRIDE’s most dangerous striker will face the UFC’s most dangerous striker, and the world will know after years of speculation who will win and who will lose this fight.”


Who is the best striker in the UFC and Pride is arguable so you can’t say that like it is a bona fide fact!

Personally, just for an example, I really don’t think Silva was the best striker in Pride! Although he is a very good striker, I would say Cro Cop was a much, much better and fierce one than Silva was! I would put him in the number 1 spot! Shogun could have been named in there as well!

But Silva number one? I don’t think so!!!
Back for the first time on mmalinker since 2007! That's right!
Detox
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:59 pm

Postby true520 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:28 pm

true520 wrote:
“Chuck and Wanderlei have both wanted this fight for as long as they can remember, and this is definitely the fight that fans have waited for years to see. Finally, PRIDE’s most dangerous striker will face the UFC’s most dangerous striker, and the world will know after years of speculation who will win and who will lose this fight.”


Who is the best striker in the UFC and Pride is arguable so you can’t say that like it is a bona fide fact!

Personally, just for an example, I really don’t think Silva was the best striker in Pride! Although he is a very good striker, I would say Cro Cop was a much, much better and fierce one than Silva was! I would put him in the number 1 spot! Shogun could have been named in there as well!

But Silva number one? I don’t think so!!!


I didnt say this....It was a quote from the UFC page. I was just saying it was well said....well promoted if you will. Either way, it should be a very Important fight for both of them!

Mitch
true520
Black Belt
Black Belt
 
Posts: 2654
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:51 pm
Location: Marion, NC

Postby iamgomi2 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:31 pm

76% silva, wow... where are all the liddell nuthuggers at?
iamgomi2
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:53 am

Postby Detox » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:49 pm

iamgomi wrote:76% silva, wow... where are all the liddell nuthuggers at?


They left after he started to NOT win all of his matches!

Loyalty and general fans don't go hand in hand :P.
Back for the first time on mmalinker since 2007! That's right!
Detox
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:59 pm

PreviousNext

Return to MMA Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users