Close
Login
Register

Official Discussion: UFN 139: Korean Zombie vs Rodriguez

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

Who ya got?

Zombie
2
11%
Pantera
3
17%
Cowboy
3
17%
Platinum
2
11%
The Iron Lady
3
17%
Rocky
1
6%
Ray Bourque
1
6%
Joseph Olivi
3
17%
 
Total votes : 18

Official Discussion: UFN 139: Korean Zombie vs Rodriguez

Postby bruins2012 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:34 am

NOVEMBER 10, 2018 | Pepsi Center | Denver, Colorado


Main Card
FS1, 10 p.m. ET


Chan Sung Jung vs Yair Rodriguez
main event

Donald Cerrone vs Mike Perry
co-main event

Germaine de Randamie vs Raquel Pennington

Joseph Benavidez vs Ray Borg

Maycee Barber vs Hannah Cifers

Luis Pena vs Mike Trizano



Preliminary Card
FS1, 8 p.m. ET


Amanda Cooper vs Ashley Yoder

Bobby Moffett vs Chas Skelly

Beneil Dariush vs Thiago Moises

Julian Erosa vs Devonte Smith



Preliminary Card
UFC Fight Pass, 6:30 p.m. ET


John Gunther vs Davi Ramos

Joseph Morales vs Eric Shelton

Mark De La Rosa vs Joby Sanchez
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

Image
User avatar
bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 18551
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:08 pm
Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Re: Official Discussion: UFN 139: Korean Zombie vs Rodriguez

Postby PBells » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:22 am

Zombie
Platinum
Mr. Olivi

Abstained from Pennington/De Randamie as that will most likely be a terrible fight and it doesn't matter who wins.
User avatar
PBells
Moderator
 
Posts: 40436
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:09 pm
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2017, June 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Sep. 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2016
Pick-Em Champion: May 2019 (Inaugural), June 2019

Re: Official Discussion: UFN 139: Korean Zombie vs Rodriguez

Postby slevin » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:43 am

PBells wrote:Zombie
Platinum
Mr. Olivi

Abstained from Pennington/De Randamie as that will most likely be a terrible fight and it doesn't matter who wins.

Hoping Cowboy wins. Think Perry is dangerous match up. But the way he talks about his diet and weight cut. Makes me wonder about Perry's conditioning during the fight with Cowboy.hoping Yair wins, since fat bald acted like a jackass. And tried to cut him over that Zabit shit.
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion
 
Posts: 22598
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:38 pm
Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
Fantasy A-League Champion: May 2018, Nov. 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Dec 2017
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2017
2017 Fantasy Fix GP Champion

Re: Official Discussion: UFN 139: Korean Zombie vs Rodriguez

Postby bruins2012 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:26 am

slevin wrote:
PBells wrote:Zombie
Platinum
Mr. Olivi

Abstained from Pennington/De Randamie as that will most likely be a terrible fight and it doesn't matter who wins.

Hoping Cowboy wins. Think Perry is dangerous match up. But the way he talks about his diet and weight cut. Makes me wonder about Perry's conditioning during the fight with Cowboy.hoping Yair wins, since fat bald acted like a jackass. And tried to cut him over that Zabit shit.




WAR PERRY
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

Image
User avatar
bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 18551
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:08 pm
Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Re: Official Discussion: UFN 139: Korean Zombie vs Rodriguez

Postby bruins2012 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:45 am

Welterweight slugger Mike Perry is not on the best of terms with his Jackson Wink teammate Ray Borg. According to MMA Fighting’s report, Perry’s arrival to the new training camp led to some altercations at the gym, especially with the former flyweight title challenger.

Furthermore, when Borg was forced out of his UFC Fight Night 139 bout vs. Joseph Benavidez due to illness, Mike said his partner was not sick at all, but afraid of striking coach Frank Lester.

““He’s not fighting on this card? Aw man, that illness is, man . . .” Perry said. “He got caught, bro. He was talking sh-t about Frank the Tank [JacksonWink striking coach Frank Lester] on his wife’s Instagram story in the background. We heard him talking. ‘I don’t like Frank the Tank. I don’t think he’s a good coach’ and this and that, and he don’t know nothing about Frank. He’s just a f—king hater and that’s why his b-tch ass ain’t showing up this week to f—king fight like a man. Sick, you come down with illness. B-tch you scared!”

Although Perry doesn’t hold back on talking about about Borg, he also explains he doesn’t see Ray very often at the gym because of different time schedules. However, it didn’t stop Platinum from accusing his teammate of hanging out with Donald Cerrone, Perry’s opponent on Saturday night, while badmouthing Lester.

“He was there, he was training, he’s still there I guess,” Perry said of Borg. “The gym is very, there’s a lot people. As a fighter you may go to a gym but I have my plan on how I train, when I train, the times that I train, the people that I train with. . . So we don’t really see all the people all the time. I see Ray Borg a few times but then it’s been like he’s on Cowboy’s nuts and he was hating on Frank and sh*t and ever since he got caught hating on Frank, there’s been this fog in the air. And he don’t say sh-t. I don’t think I’ve ever said two words to Ray Borg.”

Mike Perry is expected to take on Donald Cerrone at UFC Fight Night 139, in Denver, Colorado, on November 10. The card will be headlined by a featherweight bout between Chan Sung Jung and Yair Rodriguez.






Yair left Jackson/Wink becauseif drama and now this. Wink is fucking yo one of the best camps ever(?).
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

Image
User avatar
bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 18551
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:08 pm
Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Re: Official Discussion: UFN 139: Korean Zombie vs Rodriguez

Postby philphan » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:13 am

This is fun card and will give up lots of blood and spinning shit. Come to chat to share in the kick ass time. :cig: :mrgreen:
I'm so fucking high.
Image
Linker MMA Video Vault
Daniel Cormier, Weili Zhang, Darko Stosic, Colby Covington, Devonte Smith







300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
philphan
Pick-Em Champion
Pick-Em Champion
 
Posts: 24038
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:23 pm
Location: On the rug listening to bowling sounds
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Mar/Apr 2017, Dec 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct 2017
Linker's First Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)
Survivor
Pick-Em Champion: July 2019

Re: Official Discussion: UFN 139: Korean Zombie vs Rodriguez

Postby bruins2012 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:24 am

philphan wrote:This is fun card and will give up lots of blood and spinning shit. Come to chat to share in the kick ass time. :cig: :mrgreen:



I think I might join chat!!! I just figured out (all credit to a friend of mine) that I can use my PS4 for the World Wide Web and my laptop for other purposes while the fights are on. I’ve had my PS4 for 5 years and this never occurred to me before.

Chat link.......(?)
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

Image
User avatar
bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 18551
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:08 pm
Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Re: Official Discussion: UFN 139: Korean Zombie vs Rodriguez

Postby philphan » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:44 am

bruins2012 wrote:
philphan wrote:This is fun card and will give up lots of blood and spinning shit. Come to chat to share in the kick ass time. :cig: :mrgreen:



I think I might join chat!!! I just figured out (all credit to a friend of mine) that I can use my PS4 for the World Wide Web and my laptop for other purposes while the fights are on. I’ve had my PS4 for 5 years and this never occurred to me before.

Chat link.......(?)

philphan wrote:
kezzaman wrote:
https://discord.gg/NvSwVJ

:pointup: :pointup: Here is your invite to chat, come this weekend for the KO Card. It will be great. :hand2: :mrgreen:
I'm so fucking high.
Image
Linker MMA Video Vault
Daniel Cormier, Weili Zhang, Darko Stosic, Colby Covington, Devonte Smith







300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
philphan
Pick-Em Champion
Pick-Em Champion
 
Posts: 24038
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:23 pm
Location: On the rug listening to bowling sounds
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Mar/Apr 2017, Dec 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct 2017
Linker's First Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)
Survivor
Pick-Em Champion: July 2019

Re: Official Discussion: UFN 139: Korean Zombie vs Rodriguez

Postby jblaze » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:22 am

Is it just my opinion or is Yair Rodriguez a dumb ass for taking this fight? As a Taekwondo specialist fighting a Korean who has already sparred or fought Taekwondo specialists it seems like a dumb move to me.
jblaze
Black Belt
Black Belt
 
Posts: 2616
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:46 am

Re: Official Discussion: UFN 139: Korean Zombie vs Rodriguez

Postby bruins2012 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:01 am

philphan wrote:
bruins2012 wrote:
philphan wrote:This is fun card and will give up lots of blood and spinning shit. Come to chat to share in the kick ass time. :cig: :mrgreen:



I think I might join chat!!! I just figured out (all credit to a friend of mine) that I can use my PS4 for the World Wide Web and my laptop for other purposes while the fights are on. I’ve had my PS4 for 5 years and this never occurred to me before.

Chat link.......(?)

philphan wrote:
kezzaman wrote:
https://discord.gg/NvSwVJ

:pointup: :pointup: Here is your invite to chat, come this weekend for the KO Card. It will be great. :hand2: :mrgreen:


:tup:
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

Image
User avatar
bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 18551
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:08 pm
Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Re: Official Discussion: UFN 139: Korean Zombie vs Rodriguez

Postby Shuck » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:07 am

bruins2012 wrote:Welterweight slugger Mike Perry is not on the best of terms with his Jackson Wink teammate Ray Borg. According to MMA Fighting’s report, Perry’s arrival to the new training camp led to some altercations at the gym, especially with the former flyweight title challenger.

Furthermore, when Borg was forced out of his UFC Fight Night 139 bout vs. Joseph Benavidez due to illness, Mike said his partner was not sick at all, but afraid of striking coach Frank Lester.

““He’s not fighting on this card? Aw man, that illness is, man . . .” Perry said. “He got caught, bro. He was talking sh-t about Frank the Tank [JacksonWink striking coach Frank Lester] on his wife’s Instagram story in the background. We heard him talking. ‘I don’t like Frank the Tank. I don’t think he’s a good coach’ and this and that, and he don’t know nothing about Frank. He’s just a f—king hater and that’s why his b-tch ass ain’t showing up this week to f—king fight like a man. Sick, you come down with illness. B-tch you scared!”

Although Perry doesn’t hold back on talking about about Borg, he also explains he doesn’t see Ray very often at the gym because of different time schedules. However, it didn’t stop Platinum from accusing his teammate of hanging out with Donald Cerrone, Perry’s opponent on Saturday night, while badmouthing Lester.

“He was there, he was training, he’s still there I guess,” Perry said of Borg. “The gym is very, there’s a lot people. As a fighter you may go to a gym but I have my plan on how I train, when I train, the times that I train, the people that I train with. . . So we don’t really see all the people all the time. I see Ray Borg a few times but then it’s been like he’s on Cowboy’s nuts and he was hating on Frank and sh*t and ever since he got caught hating on Frank, there’s been this fog in the air. And he don’t say sh-t. I don’t think I’ve ever said two words to Ray Borg.”

Mike Perry is expected to take on Donald Cerrone at UFC Fight Night 139, in Denver, Colorado, on November 10. The card will be headlined by a featherweight bout between Chan Sung Jung and Yair Rodriguez.






Yair left Jackson/Wink becauseif drama and now this. Wink is fucking yo one of the best camps ever(?).


Lando just switched camps & pretty much said the camp has been a complete shit show the last 3yrs that Wink took over w/the Big New Facility
Shuck
 

Re: Official Discussion: UFN 139: Korean Zombie vs Rodriguez

Postby bruins2012 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:16 am

Shuck wrote:
bruins2012 wrote:Welterweight slugger Mike Perry is not on the best of terms with his Jackson Wink teammate Ray Borg. According to MMA Fighting’s report, Perry’s arrival to the new training camp led to some altercations at the gym, especially with the former flyweight title challenger.

Furthermore, when Borg was forced out of his UFC Fight Night 139 bout vs. Joseph Benavidez due to illness, Mike said his partner was not sick at all, but afraid of striking coach Frank Lester.

““He’s not fighting on this card? Aw man, that illness is, man . . .” Perry said. “He got caught, bro. He was talking sh-t about Frank the Tank [JacksonWink striking coach Frank Lester] on his wife’s Instagram story in the background. We heard him talking. ‘I don’t like Frank the Tank. I don’t think he’s a good coach’ and this and that, and he don’t know nothing about Frank. He’s just a f—king hater and that’s why his b-tch ass ain’t showing up this week to f—king fight like a man. Sick, you come down with illness. B-tch you scared!”

Although Perry doesn’t hold back on talking about about Borg, he also explains he doesn’t see Ray very often at the gym because of different time schedules. However, it didn’t stop Platinum from accusing his teammate of hanging out with Donald Cerrone, Perry’s opponent on Saturday night, while badmouthing Lester.

“He was there, he was training, he’s still there I guess,” Perry said of Borg. “The gym is very, there’s a lot people. As a fighter you may go to a gym but I have my plan on how I train, when I train, the times that I train, the people that I train with. . . So we don’t really see all the people all the time. I see Ray Borg a few times but then it’s been like he’s on Cowboy’s nuts and he was hating on Frank and sh*t and ever since he got caught hating on Frank, there’s been this fog in the air. And he don’t say sh-t. I don’t think I’ve ever said two words to Ray Borg.”

Mike Perry is expected to take on Donald Cerrone at UFC Fight Night 139, in Denver, Colorado, on November 10. The card will be headlined by a featherweight bout between Chan Sung Jung and Yair Rodriguez.






Yair left Jackson/Wink becauseif drama and now this. Wink is fucking yo one of the best camps ever(?).


Lando just switched camps & pretty much said the camp has been a complete shit show the last 3yrs that Wink took over w/the Big New Facility



I wonder if Greg regrets going into business with Wink.........truth be told, is Holly even that impressive as a striker?
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

Image
User avatar
bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 18551
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:08 pm
Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Re: Official Discussion: UFN 139: Korean Zombie vs Rodriguez

Postby Shuck » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:11 am

bruins2012 wrote:
Shuck wrote:
bruins2012 wrote:Welterweight slugger Mike Perry is not on the best of terms with his Jackson Wink teammate Ray Borg. According to MMA Fighting’s report, Perry’s arrival to the new training camp led to some altercations at the gym, especially with the former flyweight title challenger.

Furthermore, when Borg was forced out of his UFC Fight Night 139 bout vs. Joseph Benavidez due to illness, Mike said his partner was not sick at all, but afraid of striking coach Frank Lester.

““He’s not fighting on this card? Aw man, that illness is, man . . .” Perry said. “He got caught, bro. He was talking sh-t about Frank the Tank [JacksonWink striking coach Frank Lester] on his wife’s Instagram story in the background. We heard him talking. ‘I don’t like Frank the Tank. I don’t think he’s a good coach’ and this and that, and he don’t know nothing about Frank. He’s just a f—king hater and that’s why his b-tch ass ain’t showing up this week to f—king fight like a man. Sick, you come down with illness. B-tch you scared!”

Although Perry doesn’t hold back on talking about about Borg, he also explains he doesn’t see Ray very often at the gym because of different time schedules. However, it didn’t stop Platinum from accusing his teammate of hanging out with Donald Cerrone, Perry’s opponent on Saturday night, while badmouthing Lester.

“He was there, he was training, he’s still there I guess,” Perry said of Borg. “The gym is very, there’s a lot people. As a fighter you may go to a gym but I have my plan on how I train, when I train, the times that I train, the people that I train with. . . So we don’t really see all the people all the time. I see Ray Borg a few times but then it’s been like he’s on Cowboy’s nuts and he was hating on Frank and sh*t and ever since he got caught hating on Frank, there’s been this fog in the air. And he don’t say sh-t. I don’t think I’ve ever said two words to Ray Borg.”

Mike Perry is expected to take on Donald Cerrone at UFC Fight Night 139, in Denver, Colorado, on November 10. The card will be headlined by a featherweight bout between Chan Sung Jung and Yair Rodriguez.






Yair left Jackson/Wink becauseif drama and now this. Wink is fucking yo one of the best camps ever(?).


Lando just switched camps & pretty much said the camp has been a complete shit show the last 3yrs that Wink took over w/the Big New Facility



I wonder if Greg regrets going into business with Wink.........truth be told, is Holly even that impressive as a striker?


She's more worried about strikn a selfie pose deez dayz.. Greg probably doesn't care, seems very passive.. Bet he was burnt the fuck out & just said fuck it take over one eyed winky.. Someone whose bored should do a stat comparison of the win percentage of their top fighters n the past 3yrs.. I'd be shocked if its over 50% win rate.. NBK needs to GTFO
User avatar
Shuck
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:35 pm
Location: TriggyWhore2025 Head :)
Accolades: MMALinker Bum of the Year 2017

Re: Official Discussion: UFN 139: Korean Zombie vs Rodriguez

Postby robdogj » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:07 pm

“Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the Attack.” - Sun Tzu
User avatar
robdogj
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
 
Posts: 1290
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:59 pm

Re: Official Discussion: UFN 139: Korean Zombie vs Rodriguez

Postby Shuck » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:37 pm

Not liking the way Cowboy is talkn about Perry & his skill set .. bad feeln about this matchup

Baht, pray I'm wrong & we get a LHK :rip: .. Perry grew on me, but this is about one eyed Winky.. Sleep Perry then walk over & give em a big old fu :fu:
Shuck
 

Next

Return to MMA Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: yoseph