Close
Login
Register

'Official ''Detox'' thread' - X days and counting

Anything not MMA related goes here

'Official ''Detox'' thread' - X days and counting

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:00 pm

Have you been feeling down...? :?:

Are the substances that used to give you happiness, now driving you into a dark place..? :?:

if you've turned from that:

2 this dude down there

I've got a proposal for you,friend. :idea:

Try 'quiting' for a little while..
Τίποτα
EvilGorilla69+1
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Survivor (as The Smurf)

Re: 'Official ''Detox'' thread' - X days and counting

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:11 pm

I'll start this train.

It's a decision I made at least a couple of months ago.No more coke for me.I've had enough.Or for at least a few years,cause NEVER is a big word.

I 've chilled with close friends ,on 5 separate occasions and I never felt like doing anytning and it didnt bother me at all,that they were 'on it'.

This was never a regular thing for me,but i'd do it every now and then.(since 19)
....(like 2-3 times a year,or maybe a whole year and I wouldnt do at all.,or maybe up to 5-7 times..but the last 2-3 years it was like a weekly situation,cause that friend of mine would have some on him',every other day..so I got fed up with that shit.. It stopped being that awesome.

Weed and I are in pretty great terms atm,so 0 days for me,for now.
Τίποτα
EvilGorilla69+1
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Postby PBells » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:29 am

I think it's about time BenzoBells comes back. He seems to piss people off considerably less. :angel:
PBells

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2017, June 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Sep. 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2016
Pick-Em Champion: May 2019 (Inaugural), June 2019

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:52 am

any linkers in 'trouble'?
Τίποτα
EvilGorilla69+1
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:24 pm

EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:I'll start this train.

It's a decision I made at least a couple of months ago.No more coke for me.I've had enough.Or for at least a few years,cause NEVER is a big word.

I 've chilled with close friends ,on 5 separate occasions and I never felt like doing anytning and it didnt bother me at all,that they were 'on it'.

This was never a regular thing for me,but i'd do it every now and then.(since 19)
....(like 2-3 times a year,or maybe a whole year and I wouldnt do at all.,or maybe up to 5-7 times..but the last 2-3 years it was like a weekly situation,cause that friend of mine would have some on him',every other day..so I got fed up with that shit.. It stopped being that awesome.

Weed and I are in pretty great terms atm,so 0 days for me,for now.

still getting on with this... :-D
Τίποτα
EvilGorilla69+1
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Postby PBells » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:27 pm

PBells wrote:I think it's about time BenzoBells comes back. He seems to piss people off considerably less. :angel:

T-minus 5 days
PBells

Postby MadTitan » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:49 am

PBells wrote:
PBells wrote:I think it's about time BenzoBells comes back. He seems to piss people off considerably less. :angel:

T-minus 5 days

You don't need them. Unless you need them LOL.

They definitely help.
☜(:♛ฺ;益;♛ฺ;)☞
mmafan559 wrote:Matt Brown Pride.
MadTitan
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby PBells » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:57 am

Well forget that, I might have epically failed at this dark web shit. :lol:
PBells

Postby MadTitan » Wed May 01, 2019 8:19 am

I just quit 4 bad-habits at once. Feel rejuvenated. Feel free..

Just the weed for me.

1. Water
2. Weed
3. Food
4. Shelter

in that order. Good day
MadTitan
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby JACKnoneREACHER » Sat May 18, 2019 1:18 pm

Stopped smoking tobacco cold turkeyclose to a month ago. Smoked for 15 years, was down to a half pack a day before stopping altogether.

Didnt have a health scare or anything, just didnt go buy a pack immediately after being out. Next day i wasnt really thinking about it. Got easier everyday. Pretty sure i'm over it
Image Image
JACKnoneREACHER
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Survivor

Postby KingOfPancrase » Sat May 18, 2019 2:00 pm

JACKnoneREACHER wrote:Stopped smoking tobacco cold turkeyclose to a month ago. Smoked for 15 years, was down to a half pack a day before stopping altogether.

Didnt have a health scare or anything, just didnt go buy a pack immediately after being out. Next day i wasnt really thinking about it. Got easier everyday. Pretty sure i'm over it

Good. My pussy ass brother acted like he was dying if he went 30 minutes without a smoke. Laying in his bed crying like a faggot begging me to buy him cigarettes. Most pathetic shit I've ever seen.
KingOfPancrase
2nd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Postby JACKnoneREACHER » Mon May 20, 2019 12:32 am

KingOfPancrase wrote:
JACKnoneREACHER wrote:Stopped smoking tobacco cold turkeyclose to a month ago. Smoked for 15 years, was down to a half pack a day before stopping altogether.

Good. My pussy ass brother acted like he was dying if he went 30 minutes without a smoke. Laying in his bed crying like a faggot begging me to buy him cigarettes. Most pathetic shit I've ever seen.

I've heard so many people say that its hard to quit that I ended up believing it.

They market all of these drugs for stopping smoking bc its so hard, you hear about wild mood swings and a short temper. It has this reputation of being one of the hardest substances to give up.

Wasnt any of those things. I just broke the routine of having a pack of darts on me. That was it. Just made it difficult to immediately satisfy the craving. Was able to talk myself out of going to get more.

Driving without them has honestly been the worst part. Thats when the craving hit the hardest. It was routine, turn the key, music or podcast, then fire up a dart, crack the window then put it in gear. First two weeks everytime i got in the car it felt like I was forgetting something.

Cant drink coffee so the coffe cigarette combo to fire up the day was never routine.

Drinking was fine but having someone else light up when I was drinking was tough.

All the cravings passed within 15 minutes as long as I focused on something else. All of them. When i'd get it in my head that I needed one I'd either start reading anything i could find or just get up and walk.

Used to be the last thing I did before brushing the teeth and shutting it down. First two weeks i crushed a lot of seinfeld laying in bed with a wierd retless energy. Not insomnia just unable to be comfortable for long enough to fall asleep. Strange part of that time was that even though i'd be up much later and didnt stay asleep all night I woke up feeling super fresh.

If anyone reading this is thinking about quitting just do it. Just stop. Its not as hard as you've been told.

A month in but I'm amazed at how easy it has been so far.

I didnt try to quit for a long time bc i was sure it was going to be this nightmare after hearing other people talk about it. Should jave done it earlier.

Hope i didnt jynx it.
Image Image
JACKnoneREACHER
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby MadTitan » Mon May 20, 2019 2:43 am

JACKnoneREACHER wrote:
KingOfPancrase wrote:

I've heard so many people say that its hard to quit that I ended up believing it.

They market all of these drugs for stopping smoking bc its so hard, you hear about wild mood swings and a short temper. It has this reputation of being one of the hardest substances to give up.

Wasnt any of those things. I just broke the routine of having a pack of darts on me. That was it. Just made it difficult to immediately satisfy the craving. Was able to talk myself out of going to get more.

Driving without them has honestly been the worst part. Thats when the craving hit the hardest. It was routine, turn the key, music or podcast, then fire up a dart, crack the window then put it in gear. First two weeks everytime i got in the car it felt like I was forgetting something.

Cant drink coffee so the coffe cigarette combo to fire up the day was never routine.

Drinking was fine but having someone else light up when I was drinking was tough.

All the cravings passed within 15 minutes as long as I focused on something else. All of them. When i'd get it in my head that I needed one I'd either start reading anything i could find or just get up and walk.

Used to be the last thing I did before brushing the teeth and shutting it down. First two weeks i crushed a lot of seinfeld laying in bed with a wierd retless energy. Not insomnia just unable to be comfortable for long enough to fall asleep. Strange part of that time was that even though i'd be up much later and didnt stay asleep all night I woke up feeling super fresh.

If anyone reading this is thinking about quitting just do it. Just stop. Its not as hard as you've been told.

A month in but I'm amazed at how easy it has been so far.

I didnt try to quit for a long time bc i was sure it was going to be this nightmare after hearing other people talk about it. Should jave done it earlier.

Hope i didnt jynx it.

I just quit smoking myself. I'm 2 months in currently. Driving was one of my main triggers as well. Having a soda, widows down, music on, cigarette on hand. Loved it. Hard, hard HARD to break that ritual.

But it wasn't awful at all. Just became restless for a few nights. I usually smoked a cig or two before going to sleep at night. In fact, the last time I smoked one was at night before bed about two months ago. once I figured out how to eliminate my triggers and focus on something else, it went pretty smooth.

The key is not to substitute your bad habit for another one. I didn't use E-cigs or any type of medication to ease withdrawal. Cold turkey. Not gonna lie. Readin your bit about riding and smoking almost made me run to the gas station for a pack LOL!

Congrats on quitting!
MadTitan
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby JACKnoneREACHER » Mon May 20, 2019 9:42 pm

:pointup:

Congrats on quitting linker bro!
:beer:

Cold turkey gang changing lives
Image Image
JACKnoneREACHER
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby KingOfPancrase » Mon May 20, 2019 10:11 pm

@NickelbackJack some thoughts on pussy as e cigs.
Spoiler:
KingOfPancrase

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Next

Return to Off-Topic Discussion