Close
Login
Register

Nick Diaz wants to avenge baby brothers loss

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

Nick Diaz wants to avenge baby brothers loss

Postby bruins2012 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:17 pm

When Nick Diaz ever fights again, it appears a matchup with Jorge Masvidal is among his top interests.

ESPN released a long interview with Diaz (26-9 MMA, 7-6 UFC) on Monday in which he touched on many subjects revolving around his absence from the octagon since January 2015.

One of the leading narratives, though, is that Diaz was irked by some of the comments Masvidal (35-13 MMA, 12-6 UFC) made in the buildup to and aftermath of UFC 244, where “Gamebred” beat Diaz’s younger brother, Nate.

Jorge Masvidal reacts to Nate Diaz's farewell, offers rematch 'whenever you get that itch'
According to a follow-up report from ESPN.com, Diaz is interested in making his comeback in 2020, and Masvidal is the desired opponent.

“You want to talk about baptizing my younger brother? That’s on you,” Diaz told “Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show.” “I never had nothing disrespectful to say. But you don’t talk about baptizing my younger brother. So you’re already in a (expletive) position if you fight with me. You don’t talk about (expletive) baptizing someone’s brother. That’s my baby brother and he was getting whooped. You don’t talk like that to nobody.

“So who is riding on whose side? You want to say that, you want to do that, you want to walk, that’s on you. I can relate to you, that’s why I ain’t mad at you. But if you want to walk that’s on you.”

The UFC announced a fight between Diaz and Masvidal for UFC 235 in March, but it was never made official. Diaz insisted from the beginning that he never committed or signed a contract, and as a result felt slighted by the UFC brass.

“I’m on the poster with this guy I’m like, ‘What the (expletive)? Nobody talked to me. What are you talking about?'” Diaz said. “I’m on a poster. What the? C’mon. That’s cool if I’m going to be fighting this guy, but like, why are you doing this to me? You’re just giving this advantage and giving more power to the opposite team. No offense to the opposite team. Let’s just play fair a little bit.”

Diaz indicated his younger brother gave him the green light to do a rare interview and seemingly push the agenda for a Masvidal matchup.

Getting Diaz back in the cage seemingly won’t be easy. He said he needs to be paid and it must be something “big” like a AT&T Stadium in Dallas.

Ultimately, Diaz said the choice will be his. He’s only fought three times in the past eight years and is nearing the four-year anniversary of his most recent bout, an infamous UFC 183 meeting with Anderson Silva after which both fighters were suspended. Nothing has forced Diaz to operate outside of his chosen path, and he said that won’t change now.

“The BMF, the 170, that’s my belt,” Diaz said. “But I’m not going to get in my brothers way of taking it. As far as I’m concerned that’s my belt. … This ain’t up to no UFC. We’ve seen that in the past already. I don’t need to do anything more than what I’ve already done here. I don’t know what to tell you people. All I know is I’ve got a whole lot of people who feel the same way. Tell Jorge I’m coming for him.”

:P
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Re: Nick Diaz wants to avenge baby brothers loss

Postby Shasto » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:37 pm

Nick is on a skid and a very long lay off consisting or partying, DUI's, and all sorts of other unhealthy habbits. If Nick ever returns he would be a shell of his former self.

I would put Nick in the same category as BJ Penn and Carlos Condit at this point.
Shasto
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby warriorxvv » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:14 pm

I always said Nate was the shit version of nick. Nick would have a chance of beating Jorge, IMO. Much better than Nate.
warriorxvv
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby PainDog » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:17 pm

Nick should have came on Linker and he would have learned that Nate didnt really lose and getting whooped was all part of the plan.

Kind of surprising Nate didnt inform him.
Last edited by PainDog on Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Damir Ismagulov Time

Saygid Arslanaliev Time

Khabib Nurmagomedov Time
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Dec 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Nov 2017

Postby abcd » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:22 pm

I think Nick is the better striker. Nate the better grappler
I'm this particular matchup I think Nick's odds are better than Nate's but like someone already said he needs a tune-up fight or three . And he probably ain't who he use to be
I hope Masvidal becomes champ. We need a real fighter holding the belt
abcd
Green Belt
Green Belt

Accolades: Fantasy Draft C-League Champion: May 2018 (Final)

Postby robdogj » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:30 pm

Gamebred has responded...ps...if you can't see the video, can a linker re-post the video so everyone can see it?
[instagram]https://www.instagram.com/p/B4vX90MHHSa/[/instagram]
I am in Gay Hell because I doubted Nate Diaz
robdogj
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby hawdrigoh » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:00 am

PainDog wrote:Nick should have came on Linker and he would have learned that Nate didnt really lose and getting whooped was all part of the plan.

So mad.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hawdrigoh
7th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Postby hawdrigoh » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:01 am

robdogj wrote:
Gamebred has responded...ps...if you can't see the video, can a linker re-post the video so everyone can see it?
[instagram]https://www.instagram.com/p/B4vX90MHHSa/[/instagram]

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hawdrigoh

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Postby robdogj » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:30 am

hawdrigoh
I am in Gay Hell because I doubted Nate Diaz
robdogj
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby PainDog » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:33 am

hawdrigoh wrote:
PainDog wrote:Nick should have came on Linker and he would have learned that Nate didnt really lose and getting whooped was all part of the plan.

So mad.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I'm not mad

Damir Ismagulov Time

Saygid Arslanaliev Time

Khabib Nurmagomedov Time
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Dec 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Nov 2017

Postby jblaze » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:51 am

I wouldn't count out Nick Diaz. I just don't see him coming back let alone winning this fight. The fight has almost no chance of hitting the ground. His boxing maybe could be better than Masvidal's in a boxing match if his eye doesn't get destroyed. However in an MMA match he doesn't put much power on his shots. he only has an advantage on the ground and it probably isn't going there.
jblaze
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby abcd » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:03 am

jblaze wrote:I wouldn't count out Nick Diaz. I just don't see him coming back let alone winning this fight. The fight has almost no chance of hitting the ground. His boxing maybe could be better than Masvidal's in a boxing match if his eye doesn't get destroyed. However in an MMA match he doesn't put much power on his shots. he only has an advantage on the ground and it probably isn't going there.

Maybr om wrong but I think the opposite
In mma you don't need much power cus the gloves are so small
It's boxing that you gotta really pivot and put your weight into punches because the gloves are so big
abcd
Green Belt
Green Belt

Accolades: Fantasy Draft C-League Champion: May 2018 (Final)

Postby TFlock » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:10 am

I just watched the full interview with Nick. He’s a mess right now. He’s always been awkward but this is the worst I’ve ever seen him. He had a few anger outbursts and it seemed like they edited the video and gave him some time to calm down.

I wish him the best but holy fuck :shock:
November A League Fantasy Team
Nate Diaz
Romero Cotton
Robson Gracie Jr.
Lucas Brennan

ImageImage
Spoiler:
TFlock

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: May 2017, July 2018, Jan/Feb/Mar 2019, Oct 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: June 2018
Survivor
First Linker to Hold Two Gaming Commission Belts in the Modern Era

Postby 320IDAVE » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:32 pm

Nate fucking did the calling out, got beat and then Baptized by street Jesus.

nick, fuck off.

Do fight again though please.
320IDAVE
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby asdfghjkl » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:48 pm

nick is as irrelevant in the fight game as conor and they both did it to themselves.

they both could have been legends, but they decided to be remembered as divas.

nick has cte as well. I know people will say he always was like this, but nah, its getting worse. if you cant tell...you're delusional.
asdfghjkl
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Next

Return to MMA Discussion