Login
Register

Natural Pain Remedies

From couch potato to Title Holder, what to eat to stay in top shape

Re: Natural Pain Remedies

Postby PacquiaoFan » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:12 am

chroniclee wrote:
PacquiaoFan wrote:
easycore wrote:You don't happen to know anything that would help build up cartilage do you? Not for stretching, my right shoulder has just taken way too much abuse, and I have bad joints as it is.

I am not sure if it builds cartilledge, but glucosamine chondroitin is supposed to help with joint pain, and I think it helps maintain the health of your cartilledge. The stuff helps me with my joint pain.

Yes! Glucosamine is awesome. When my girlfriend worked for a vet, they would prescribe old dogs glucosamine all the time and it helped them walk better.

The bottle will say something crazy like take 2 in the morning and 2 at night, from my experience I only take 1 every night before i go to bed otherwise it makes me constipated. But it works great even just taking 1

Hmm, interesting, I also only take one a day when my knees start acting up, and in a few days I start to feel the results (maybe it is in my mind though :? , I know that it should take longer periods of administration in order to truly experience it's benefits).
ImageImage
PacquiaoFan
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby Axe_Razor » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:40 am

pineapples....i think it increases blood flow or something...but I know it heats you up....and is good for the healing process
Axe_Razor
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby supermanpunch » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:58 am

Beer.... not a waste of money too.
supermanpunch
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby timbercutter » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:04 pm

supermanpunch wrote:Beer.... not a waste of money too.

right....it usually works..but if it doesn't, at least you catch a buzz
Warming the Earth, one tree at a time
Hail the return of DUNCAN!
SIG BETS @ 12-3
Fuck Kusok
timbercutter
bad ass

Location: Below a cold desolate country, populated with former frenchmen and crack smokin mayors
Accolades: Real Life Bad Ass

Postby slacker27 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:33 pm

Wow 2 pages on linker and no mention of weed as a pain remedy?? Linker step your game up.

On topic: Here is a short article on a study of Tart Cherry Juice wich helps with inflammation.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19883392
PIMPS UP FOE DOWN

WAR MMAACHEETAH
slacker27
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby SitBackAndWatch » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:25 pm

Axe_Razor wrote:pineapples....i think it increases blood flow or something...but I know it heats you up....and is good for the healing process

Yes its the Bromelain that is a Anti-inflammatory. Quite for the same reasons that they use it for a meat tenderizer, but when used on the inside, it helps to loosen things up and let the blood flow where it needs to be, helping to prevent blood clotting etc.

LOVE this thread danehoy!

To danehoy btw, have you ever looked into taking cloves, cinnamon etc. Herbs that have a veerrrrrry high ORAC value, which is supposed to be their Free Radical Scavenger power. If i was simply going by their orac compared to blueberries for example, 3500 compared to 290,000(roughly) for cloves id say they are better. Problem is many herbs are phenolic compounds so i dont know if its a 'different' type or orac...confusing myself. I'll wait for more info :)
SitBackAndWatch
White Belt
White Belt

Previous

Return to Nutrition