Close
Login
Register

Nate vs Pettis ufc 241

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

Re: Nate vs Pettis ufc 241

Postby reasontat2 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:40 pm

EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:khabib will pull out

nate will step in

poirrer will be creamed

u cant run forever mr poirrer

I could totally see this happening.
#weseeyouporrier
"I been a father for years, fatherin' all kinds of these lil mutha fuckas" - Nate Diaz :gold:

REASONTAT2 PROMOTIONS #IAMLINKER

Image Image
reasontat2
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:58 am

I think this was argueably Nate's best 'win'.

like the biggest name, in a sense.. maybe after Mcgreggor
Τίποτα
EvilGorilla69+1
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Survivor (as The Smurf)

Postby reasontat2 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:52 am

I can agree with that. I think his fight against Johnson was one of his best performances tho.
"I been a father for years, fatherin' all kinds of these lil mutha fuckas" - Nate Diaz :gold:

Image Image
reasontat2
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:54 pm

The fight was much better than I rememebed it to be. Nate almost finished him in the end of the 2nd.
Τίποτα
EvilGorilla69+1
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Postby dipset52 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:07 pm

EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:

The fight was much better than I rememebed it to be. Nate almost finished him in the end of the 2nd.

He almost finished him at the end of every round.
It was awesome
dipset52
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Aug 2018, Oct 2018, Aug 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: Mar 2018, May 2018, June 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2018

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:22 pm

dipset52 wrote:
EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:

He almost finished him at the end of every round.
It was awesome

thats true. What I keep from Nate's interview is one certain bit that went something like:

'This time i played the game. I fought differently'.He said something along these lines. Which shows that his fight IQ is on par with his maturity levels,at this point of his career. He finaly became a machine.

If Nate really decides to fight inteligently,he's aleady close to Jon Jones territory(minus the spinning and flying shit).

Book this dude,already. Dont fucking give him a fight in 3 years,again,cause that shit wont be cool.
Τίποτα
EvilGorilla69+1
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Postby reasontat2 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:18 am

Nate and Nick, for all the stick they get about NOT being more well rounded, are actual true martial artists. I was watching an interview where he was saying it isn't just about Jiu Jitsu, its multiple disciplines, that make a good martial artist. It shows me, that although they aren't necessarily trying to point to a win, their fighting style is, in a sense, to beat their opponent. They may not have the same packaging as, say a bruce lee type character (because they didn't grow up in that environment), but they are true to who they are.

What I notice about them both, is they drag you into a figh, then drag you into deep waters. This seems to be the recipe. I've said before the best way to beat them, is to avoid them, and collect points until you win...however, casual fans aren't supportive of that shit. So fighters get compelled to exchange, go toe to toe and be entertaining, and they end up drowning in that Diaz gas tank. It's not ALWAYS the case, but for the most part, yes.

Image Image
reasontat2
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:36 am

^^ Thats what I am trying to say dude..... That the stalling - jabbing and circling around and scoring,wont work anymore.. As Nate has changed his mentality and is focusing on 'scoring' - trying to finish. Not just focusing on trying to finish and being outscored, in the process. He is trying to be in dominant positions,going for takedowns,etc.

Nate is fuuully aware,at this point,what he needs to be doing,to get that judges' decision.

Wont be easy for anyone to beat him. I hope he gets Khabib after Masvidal.(or Diamond?)
Τίποτα
EvilGorilla69+1
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Postby reasontat2 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:17 am

EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:^^ Thats what I am trying to say dude..... That the stalling - jabbing and circling around and scoring,wont work anymore.. As Nate has changed his mentality and is focusing on 'scoring' - trying to finish. Not just focusing on trying to finish and being outscored, in the process. He is trying to be in dominant positions,going for takedowns,etc.

Nate is fuuully aware,at this point,what he needs to be doing,to get that judges' decision.

Wont be easy for anyone to beat him. I hope he gets Khabib after Masvidal.(or Diamond?)

Beating Mas is a big way to become a household name again. He hasn't been laid up for 3 yrs ignoring the standings etc., he's planning to come back in a major way. First Pettis. Beats the guy they call Showtime. Next is Mas. If he beats the guy who had the highlight KO of Askren, he's got major pull. If Khabib wins he fights him, then calls out GSP. If Poirier wins, he fights him, then calls out McDuck. Nate and that whole team know exactly wtf their doing. All while secretly learning wrestling. Fuckin bravo.

Image Image
reasontat2
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:12 pm

reasontat2 wrote:
EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:^^ Thats what I am trying to say dude..... That the stalling - jabbing and circling around and scoring,wont work anymore.. As Nate has changed his mentality and is focusing on 'scoring' - trying to finish. Not just focusing on trying to finish and being outscored, in the process. He is trying to be in dominant positions,going for takedowns,etc.

Beating Mas is a big way to become a household name again. He hasn't been laid up for 3 yrs ignoring the standings etc., he's planning to come back in a major way. First Pettis. Beats the guy they call Showtime. Next is Mas. If he beats the guy who had the highlight KO of Askren, he's got major pull. If Khabib wins he fights him, then calls out GSP. If Poirier wins, he fights him, then calls out McDuck. Nate and that whole team know exactly wtf their doing. All while secretly learning wrestling. Fuckin bravo.

yea man. the wrestling part especialy is great. Wrasslin was Nate's real weakness and not fucking leg kicks.

I hope he fights inside the year.
Τίποτα
EvilGorilla69+1
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Postby Shuck » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:34 pm

Very impressive win for Nate, especially being out that long.. he should look even better next time out but if its vs Jorgey I don't see it being enough.. Resurrected Fabio Mas 2.0 is a diff animal then Pettis.. he should of called out Conor instead, perfect time for to finish that Trilogy :thunder:
Magatron Makn Link Great Again - :hand:
Shuck
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Accolades: MMALinker Bum of the Year 2017

Postby DeceptaCon » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:23 pm

Shuck wrote:Very impressive win for Nate, especially being out that long.. he should look even better next time out but if its vs Jorgey I don't see it being enough.. Resurrected Fabio Mas 2.0 is a diff animal then Pettis.. he should of called out Conor instead, perfect time for to finish that Trilogy :thunder:

I don't know anymore about Nate, he is so big and durable now he walked through everything Pettis had and broke his foot with his caveman dense bones. He might be just too big and tough for Mas.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor

Postby jblaze » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:32 pm

DeceptaCon wrote:
Shuck wrote:Very impressive win for Nate, especially being out that long.. he should look even better next time out but if its vs Jorgey I don't see it being enough.. Resurrected Fabio Mas 2.0 is a diff animal then Pettis.. he should of called out Conor instead, perfect time for to finish that Trilogy :thunder:

I don't know anymore about Nate, he is so big and durable now he walked through everything Pettis had and broke his foot with his caveman dense bones. He might be just too big and tough for Mas.

The fight night weights were 180 for Nate and 178 for Pettis. Masvidal is also about 180-182. So yeah all of those guys fought at lightweight before. Usman and Woodley look around 190 if he walks forward on them then you have a thread.
jblaze
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Shuck » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:36 pm

DeceptaCon wrote:

Pettis is fragile, breaks somethin each time out.. Will be a classic either way, if it actually ever goes down
Magatron Makn Link Great Again - :hand:
Shuck
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Accolades: MMALinker Bum of the Year 2017

Postby TFlock » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:45 pm

jblaze wrote:
DeceptaCon wrote:

The fight night weights were 180 for Nate and 178 for Pettis. Masvidal is also about 180-182. So yeah all of those guys fought at lightweight before. Usman and Woodley look around 190 if he walks forward on them then you have a thread.

Nate must have shrunk a lot because he was three times the size of Conor when they fought
October A League Fantasy Team
Rory MacDonald
Ciryl Gane
Itsuki Hirata
Steve Mowry
Patrick Mix

ImageImage
Spoiler:
TFlock

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: May 2017, July 2018, Jan/Feb/Mar 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: June 2018
Survivor