Close
Login
Register

Moving from skinny fat to healthy?

Conditioning, one of the most important aspects of your training. Strength, everyone needs it. Discuss what works for you?

Moving from skinny fat to healthy?

Postby Irishdonal » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:22 am

BACKGROUND:
13 months ago I moved from Ireland to Malta. Althouugh on mad pain killers for a lower back injury from years before I was playing soccer three times a week. I had given up smoking and even though I was doing an hour of intense running three times a week I was eating like a horse and moved up to 14 stone(88.9KG) and looked fat.

I came to Malta started smoking again and after seeing some of the beach talent decided to get in shape. As my bag is fucked I focussed on diet rather than excercise. Basically three poached egg in morning, six inch sub at lunch and in the evening chicken breast, mushrooms, froozen peas and leafs all fried in coconut oil.

Weight wise I dropped to 79KG but I kept the same shape as in still have gut. I went to the gym last week and noticed my fitness, lifts ect were much less than twelve months ago. Obviously not being in a gym for a year will do that but its was much worse than any other time I returned after an absent period and the recovery was shit.

Basically I am in a position now when I have a few objectives. Firstly I want to build my core and be healthy so I have taken up Yoga. Its not Macho but I need to get flexibility in half strings so I don't look like hunch back in ten years.

QUESTIOn ON DIET
If I eat Three poached eggs in morning, six inch chicken breast sub at lunch and for evening have Chicken Breast, frozen peas and mushroom am I eating enough to build musscle and lose fat?

Question on Exercise:
Is crunches, pressups, shoulder presses and squats enough areas to focuss on to buld power and strenght?
knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, intelligence is knowing that you don't put a tomato in the fruit bowl
Irishdonal
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Re: Moving from skinny fat to healthy?

Postby RaptorJEWSUS » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:14 am

I am no professional but I make myself smoothie for every day and have been doing it now for 60 days. It consists of bananas and oranges mostly with milk of course. Sometimes I either add something to the mix if I have other fruits (melon, pears, avocado etc) aswell but main components are bananas and oranges.
I suggest eating lots of bananas and chicken, of course, for building muscle mass without using powders of creatine and shit. I've never used anything like that. Only eat healthy. I also suggest using brown rice. It is really good and much-much better than the regular white shit rice. Also I use a lot of shrooms in my dishes if I have them around.
I usually eat eggs for the morning, some salad which is rich in protein (richer than other salads I have around here) and for dinner I usually have something with chicken ( buckwheat or brown rice, also potatoes etc) or something with other meat and also a smoothie goes with dinner most often.
Just bought myself proper running shoes and I've always loved running. I used to be a good long distance runner back in highschool. Wish I had bought special shoes lot earlier but better late than never. Also am doing push-ups when bored or have spare time which I also enjoy. Slowly training myself without a real reason or sight. Just doing it for the sake of my health and well-being. I have to note that I quit smoking too. It has been 45 days now and I don't even feel the need to smoke anymore but gotta keep my mind clear.
I am also interested in what exercises I could do at home without any special equipment for strength and muscle mass increasing. Cheers! 8)
Khabib (me) vs. Ferguson (DeceptaBum) - 2 weeks

FEDOR
GSP
Rory MacDonald
Joanna Jedrzejczyk
Khabib Nurmagomedov
Paul Daley

Weed beats speed.
Weed beats power.
Weed beats precision.
Weed beats timing.

First ever linker betting King to achieve greatness in every league. :gold:
RaptorJEWSUS
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Jan. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Oct. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby Irishdonal » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:55 pm

RaptorJEWSUS wrote:I am no professional but I make myself smoothie for every day and have been doing it now for 60 days. It consists of bananas and oranges mostly with milk of course. Sometimes I either add something to the mix if I have other fruits (melon, pears, avocado etc) aswell but main components are bananas and oranges.
I suggest eating lots of bananas and chicken, of course, for building muscle mass without using powders of creatine and shit. I've never used anything like that. Only eat healthy. I also suggest using brown rice. It is really good and much-much better than the regular white shit rice. Also I use a lot of shrooms in my dishes if I have them around.
I usually eat eggs for the morning, some salad which is rich in protein (richer than other salads I have around here) and for dinner I usually have something with chicken ( buckwheat or brown rice, also potatoes etc) or something with other meat and also a smoothie goes with dinner most often.
Just bought myself proper running shoes and I've always loved running. I used to be a good long distance runner back in highschool. Wish I had bought special shoes lot earlier but better late than never. Also am doing push-ups when bored or have spare time which I also enjoy. Slowly training myself without a real reason or sight. Just doing it for the sake of my health and well-being. I have to note that I quit smoking too. It has been 45 days now and I don't even feel the need to smoke anymore but gotta keep my mind clear.
I am also interested in what exercises I could do at home without any special equipment for strength and muscle mass increasing. Cheers! 8)

Thanks for the post the thing with smoking is that once you stop needing it you kind of want it to prove you are no longer hooked but its a drug so unless you stay off it you will get addicted again.

Untill I get my core sorted I cannot really do dead lifts, squats ect because of my lower back. I have a weights bar so I will do a day where I do 40KG shoulder presses at 8 reps for five sets.

The next day I will do 100 press ups but usually takes me four reps for the moment but I get the hundred done and sadly cannot do the reps with short breakes but by the end of it I am fucked. Due to the fact I do the should press the day before I try to have a broader space between hands to works pecs and core

I am now doing a hundred crunches a day as well. Feeling it but after a while it will have diminishing return so I am now adding planks.

I also do body weight squats as in squat position hold it for thirty seconds release-- wash, rinse and repeat. Sadly I have already fucked me my groin with this as lower back problems mess up my groins and hammies.

Also this week started back in gym doing cycling and rowing as I need to get heart and lungs to go through some pain.

Nuition:
I wasn't sure about too much fruit as i have heard mixed reports on it. I am not touching creatine because I don't think I am doing enough to get benefit from it but I think I am going to go on Promax Lean which is a shake is about 300 calories of protein with green tea and caffeine as my calory deficit is curtailing my musscle growth and recovery
knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, intelligence is knowing that you don't put a tomato in the fruit bowl
Irishdonal
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby tron8 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:53 am

What is your goal, to get a beach body?

Here's a few tips about your diet. The eggs in the morning are good, eating a little something is always good in the morning because your body will get used to digesting and metabolizing. The 6 inch sub in the after noon is bad, you should cut carbs out of your diet. It's impossible to cut carbs out all together because practically everything has carbs, but in essence cut out bread and rice all together.

You will realize just eating the chicken by itself will lean you up very quickly. 100 crunches a day is very good however the secret to stomach fat loss isn't quantity it's about quality. Try doing as many crunches as you can until it hurts rather than a set number. If you want to do some modified ab work outs i can help you out.

Your dinner diet seems to be perfect. Veggies + chicken is wonderful. Chicken is great for protein and the veggies wont linger in your system.

If you want to know my diet (Started at 167 ib's, currently at 157)

Morning - 1 banana
Afternoon - Canned tuna + Salad
Dinner - Chicken breast + hot sauce.

Truthfully though if you put in a good work out you can have a good dinner. However, like i previously said cut out the rice + bread carbs for quick results. Remember getting a nice body takes a good amount of time. I would say a minimum of 2 months of dedicated work out, so as long as you stay focused i'm sure you'll sculpt your ideal body.

"Fuck your mother" and "Show me the money bitches" - Moose
tron8
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby RaptorJEWSUS » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:02 am

Couldn't agree more about replacing bread products with healthier stuff.
I suggest to replace white rice with brown as it is much-much healthier and better for weight loss. For instance the fiber content of brown rice keeps bowel function at it’s peak since it makes digestion that much easier. In addition, brown rice also makes the tummy feel full which translates to smaller meal portions.
What about brown rice, tron? Should I too cut it out?
Big ups for information.
Khabib (me) vs. Ferguson (DeceptaBum) - 2 weeks

FEDOR
GSP
Rory MacDonald
Joanna Jedrzejczyk
Khabib Nurmagomedov
Paul Daley

Weed beats speed.
Weed beats power.
Weed beats precision.
Weed beats timing.

First ever linker betting King to achieve greatness in every league. :gold:
RaptorJEWSUS
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Jan. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Oct. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion

Postby tron8 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:03 pm

RaptorJEWSUS wrote:Couldn't agree more about replacing bread products with healthier stuff.
I suggest to replace white rice with brown as it is much-much healthier and better for weight loss. For instance the fiber content of brown rice keeps bowel function at it’s peak since it makes digestion that much easier. In addition, brown rice also makes the tummy feel full which translates to smaller meal portions.
What about brown rice, tron? Should I too cut it out?
Big ups for information.

You're totally correct about brown rice and the fiber content. Some people cant/dont want to cut rice completely out of their diet so brown rice is definitely the way to go. It's all a matter of personal preference. However, if you want to shred hardcore then no bread/ rice is the way to go. Otherwise so long as you're happy with your progress i'd say do what feels good for you because personally not being able to eat rice makes me sooooo hungry.

"Fuck your mother" and "Show me the money bitches" - Moose
tron8
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Return to Conditioning and Strength Training