Welcome to the MMALinker Fantasy Draft rules and regulations thread V2! Hopefully this will be a comprehensive and informative thread laying out how Fantasy Draft works and how to handle the various situations that come up in this sport.PRIZES AND PUNISHMENTS
- The top scorer in A-League will awarded one month with The Gina
, the hottest and most coveted trophy on MMALinker. The champion will also have the option to choose their drafting position if they so desire.
- Holding both the Survivor
championship and The Gina
will award you The Amanda
- The top 3 scoring drafters of B-League will be moved up to A-League while the bottom 3 A-Leaguers will be relegated down to B-League. The promoted will occupy the bottom 3 spots while the relegated will occupy the top 3.
- The bottom 3 scorers in B-League will be given a brown name
for a month as they ponder what went wrong.PICKING
- Drafting is done snake-style from top to bottom then bottom to top, reversing after each round.
- The number of picks each drafter has will be declared in the first post of that month's draft along with the days the league will run.
- You have through the "tale of the tape" to pick a fighter if the event is live and the draft is still ongoing. No
fighter can be picked if their fight is in progress or has already happened.
- Drafters have 12 hours
from the time the person ahead of them picked before being skipped. If skipped, they will have 6 hours
to make two picks on their next turn (this also applies to drafters at the top and bottom making 2 picks per round). After successfully making those picks, the clock resets and they will have 12 hours
before being skipped again.
- Players starting the draft have 18 hours
to make their first pick before being skipped where they will have 6 hours to make up their picks on their next turn.
- All picks are final except in the following cases:
1) your pick pulls out
2) your pick gets a new opponent (your choice to keep/replace)
- Replacement picks during the draft can happen as soon as the news of a fight change breaks.
- If you call a pick before your turn, it will count as long as no one ahead of you takes it. Be aware that it is fair game during the other drafters' turns.
- Missing 2 picks total during the regular draft send you to the scrap-pile where you can pick leftovers after the draft is finished.
- Scrap-picking is first come, first serve.
- If you don't make any picks, you are a fuckface who is not to be trusted and will be sent to the bottom of B-League be a conditional scrap-picker. You can pick normally if you make it on time for your first pick or send me/another 'Linker you trust a list of picks.
- Two months of no picks will lead to removal from the game.
- If you will not have time to pick during the draft, you have a few options. You can PM a list of picks (in order, please) to either myself or another 'Linker you trust and we will pick for you. You can also declare yourself a scrap-picker.
- PM'ing the next drafter in order to keep things moving is highly encouraged
Once the draft has finished completely, members will be able to trade their picks with those of other members. There is no trading out one of your fighters for an un-drafted one. No trading across leagues!SCORINGWIN
- Stoppage: 10
-- 1st: +3
-- 2nd: +2
-- 3rd-5th: +1
- Unanimous Decision: 8
- Majority Decision: 6
- Split Decision: 3
- Technical Decision: 2
- DQ: 1LOSS
- Stoppage: -8
-- 1st: -3
-- 2nd: -2
-- 3rd-5th: -1
- Unanimous Decision: -6
- Majority Decision: -4
- Split Decision: -2
- Technical Decision: -2
- DQ: -1
Draw of any kind: +1 for both fighters
NC: 0 for both fightersOTHER BONUSES
Win a title: +5
FOTN: +3 for both fightersTIEBREAKING
A tie score at the end of the month won't mean much, unless moving up or down a league is on the line. In the event of a tie, the first three tiebreaker criteria are:
1) Overall win/loss record
2) Number of finishes
3) Fastest finishes (average finish times are calculated are the shortest average wins)
If there's still somehow a tie after going through the first three criteria... we'll have to think of something else
Feel free to ask any questions here or PM me. Happy drafting!