Close
Login
Register

MMALinker Chat

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Re: MMALinker Chat

Postby philphan » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:51 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... -FDnhKSt5I
http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/01/ ... round.html

Archaeologists in the U.K. have revealed how they unearthed a 1,600-year-old Roman mosaic and lifted it out of the ground.

The mosaic floor, which dates from the late 3rd or early 4th century A.D., was discovered next to a parking lot in Leicester by the same team that found the remains of Richard III in the city.

Experts from University of Leicester Archaeological Services (ULAS) excavated the site during the winter of 2016-2017, and have just revealed details of how they lifted and conserved the fragile mosaic.

Measuring 6.6 feet by 9.8 feet, the mosaic is made up of tiny cubes of stone and brick, known as tesserae. The tesserae were used to create a geometric border of ‘Swastika meander’ on the mosaic, as well as foliage and a central flower-like pattern called a hexafoil.

“Lifting it was a huge challenge which was only successfully achieved because of the efforts of the entire team working closely together,” explained Mathew Morris, project officer at ULAS, in a statement. “The mosaic is made-up of thousands of tiny tesserae. These all had to be lifted and kept in the correct sequence to preserve the pattern on the mosaic.”

Archaeologists glued hessian to the mosaic’s surface to hold it together, then cut away the tesserae’s mortar base to slide thin boards underneath. “The mosaic was then carefully lifted in sections and taken to the studio of our conservator, Theo Sturge, who had the challenge of conserving and re-assembling it,” said Morris.

Finally completed, the mosaic has been returned to Leicester for display.

“The finished mosaic looks fantastic, Theo has done an amazing job putting it back together,” explained Morris.

While the mosaic lacks the craftsmanship of the stunning Blackfriars mosaic that was discovered in Leicester in the 19th century, it nonetheless offers an incredible glimpse into Roman life in the city.

“You can see the direction the Roman workers were laying the stones in, you can see at one point one of the lines started to bend off and so they’ve had to turn one line into three to create a straight edge again,” said Morris. “It’s these little human touches and errors that you can see in it that are important because they give you those glimpses into how it was made, who made it and their attitude to work, that gives you that real insight into the people of Roman Leicester.”

The mosaic is one of a host of fascinating Roman artifacts that have been unearthed in Britain in recent years. Last year, amateur archeologists in Southern England uncovered an elaborate ancient mosaic that is believed to depict the Roman gods Hercules and Cupid.

Also in 2017, a trove of artifacts, including Roman swords, was found at the site of the Vindolanda fort near Hadrian’s Wall in Northern England. Other finds include a stunning hoard of ancient silver in Scotland and a rare Roman coin that was discovered on a remote island in the Scottish Orkney archipelago.

In June 2017, researchers found 25 wooden ink documents at Vindolanda, offering a fascinating glimpse into everyday life in the Roman Empire.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters-Robert Whittaker, Tyson Pedro, Juan Archuleta, Jordan Young
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby Mr Meow » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:11 am

Officially 6-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
2nd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby philphan » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:04 pm

Early prelims have started, come join us in chat. :cig: :beer: :mrgreen:
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
philphan
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby philphan » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:42 pm

We are rolling in chat, come and join us. Good fights so far. War chat!!!!!!!!!
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
philphan
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Postby kezzaman » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:16 pm

lol, so 2 famous youtubers are having a boxing match today, Its a real event with an undercard and everything. The stream has started, main event will be around 2 hours from now. The whole thing will probably suck :lol: see you in chat :-D

Forrest back by popular demand [[email protected]]
kezzaman
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby philphan » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:19 pm

kezzaman wrote:lol, so 2 famous youtubers are having a boxing match today, Its a real event with an undercard and everything. The stream has started, main event will be around 2 hours from now. The whole thing will probably suck :lol: see you in chat :-D

What time do early prelims start today? Is it 6pm like usual? If so I'll see everyone in chat around 6 hours from now. :mrgreen:
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
philphan
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Postby Mr Meow » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:45 pm

UFC starts in 45 minutes :tup:
Officially 6-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby philphan » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:41 pm

Mr Meow wrote:UFC starts in 45 minutes :tup:

We are rolling in chat, come join us!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
philphan
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Postby philphan » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:50 pm

Man, what a fun night in chat. For a fight night on fox card we had a bunch of great linkers show up in chat. Monzah found us a great HD link, and the card started off with a bang. Lots of fun finishes and some blood. I think we even had some spinning shit. Meow and Dan were getting crazy like always. EB was cracking me up like always. A sober Dave was saying whatever was on his mind. :yell: It was wild and fun. I only made it to the begging of the main card before I passed out. It looks like a few more linkers showed up after I was out. I watched the rest of the fights this morning, some fun fights. Val is such a stud. (I posted a link for the main card in the video vault) I would not like to fight her. Anyway, great start to MMA this month. Plan things out and be in chat for next week, it will be a blast. :cig: :mrgreen:
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
philphan
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Postby philphan » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:05 am

We have fun card tonight with a lot of knock out potential. They will be swinging for the fences. Chat will be rocking like always. Get in early before the doors close and don't miss the lights getting knocked out. :mrgreen:
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
philphan
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Postby M3NiK » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:12 am

Long time no see, fellas! Are you guys still using tinychat or something else these days?
Tweet Tweet
M3NiK
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby philphan » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:27 am

M3NiK wrote:Long time no see, fellas! Are you guys still using tinychat or something else these days?

Hey buddy, good to see you. We are using Discord now. Just click the link below and make it official. See you later buddy.
https://discord.gg/hVg2a4p
:pointup: :pointup: Click here for fun man. :mrgreen:
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
philphan
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Postby philphan » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:39 pm

philphan wrote:
M3NiK wrote:Long time no see, fellas! Are you guys still using tinychat or something else these days?

Hey buddy, good to see you. We are using Discord now. Just click the link below and make it official. See you later buddy.

3 and half hours till show time. Come and join us everyone, it will be a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
philphan
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Postby Mr Meow » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:10 pm

Prelims have a lot of talent tonight. I recommend all come early who can. Should be an excellent night of fights all around with a good kick off series of fights.

See you camelshitfuckers there :tup: :cig: :cig: :beer:
Mr Meow

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:12 pm

philphan wrote:
philphan wrote:

3 and half hours till show time. Come and join us everyone, it will be a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lets do this shit
EvilGorilla69+1
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

PreviousNext

Return to MMA Discussion