Close
Login
Register

MMA fighting

Punch, jab, and combinations. MMA standup technique. What works for you?

MMA fighting

Postby rhondda » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:26 am

What to do in a mma fight, fighting someone bigger than you? Im 15 years old and this is my 1st mma fight... Its nothing big at all but the guy im fighting is about 15 to 20 pounds bigger than i am and im kinda nervous.. What technique's should i use or tips can anyone give me?
Last edited by rhondda on Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
rhondda
White Belt
White Belt

Re: MMA fighting

Postby TheAssassin » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:32 am

rhondda wrote:What to do in a mma fight, fighting someone bigger than you? Im 15 years old and this is my 1st mma fight... Its nothing big at all but the guy im fighting is about 15 to 20 pounds bigger than i am and im kinda nervous.. What technique's should i use or tips can anyone give me?

How'd you get an MMA fight at 15?

You'll want to stay away from the bottom unless you know 100% your jui jitsu is way better. I find the weight difference isn't as noticeable if it's within 15 pounds.

Hit him in the face until he falls down.
TheAssassin
4th Professional Linker Victory

Postby irishmike357 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:33 am

rhondda wrote:What to do in a mma fight, fighting someone bigger than you? Im 15 years old and this is my 1st mma fight... Its nothing big at all but the guy im fighting is about 15 to 20 pounds bigger than i am and im kinda nervous.. What technique's should i use or tips can anyone give me?

:shock:

This sounds like a backyard type thing. I would just kick him in the sack.
Go leor uaireanta béal mans bhris a shrón

JHM
LHK
irishmike357
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Hall of Famer, Former Intercontinental and US Champ

Postby TheAssassin » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:41 am

irishmike357 wrote:

I was thinking so too. 1rst MMA fight = potential street fight. SO what do I do? I go to an MMA forum, make an account as ask all the professional fighters there what to do.
TheAssassin

Postby irishmike357 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:56 am

TheAssassin wrote:
irishmike357 wrote:

I was thinking so too. 1rst MMA fight = potential street fight. SO what do I do? I go to an MMA forum, make an account as ask all the professional fighters there what to do.

After checking youtube for pointers of course. Well in my professional opinion (and I have been paid to fight before, by the government) I would kick that big mother fucker right in the sack...or rear naked choke.

JHM
LHK
irishmike357
Mod Emeritus

Postby irishmike357 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:58 am

On a serious note though if you are going to do some type of living room/backyard brawl thing you shouldn't. That shit always gets people hurt and kicks have died doing it. If you are going to do an actual MMA fight and real that coming here is your only option you should tell us a little about yourself and your background, but more importantly you should go to a gym and get the help of real trainers and sparring partners.

JHM
LHK
irishmike357
Mod Emeritus

Postby TheAssassin » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:02 am

Backyard boxing and grappling is a blast lol

You don't have to learn anything, just take him down and lay on his shit for 15 minutes. That'll show him!
TheAssassin

Postby Fearless6691 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:34 am

Think about it like this, if you get hurt your mom will never let you do it again, or even watch MMA videos so tread lightly. Also if your going to fight another kid that doesn't really make in an MMA fight it just kinda makes it a fight lmao.
I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit.
Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.
"
_________________________________Muhammad Ali
Fearless6691
Black Belt
Black Belt

Return to Stand Up