Close
Login
Register

Mayweather vs. Marquez nearly set for July 18

Discuss all other combat sports here.

Mayweather vs. Marquez nearly set for July 18

Postby jaz_pagan » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:22 pm

MAYWEATHER VS. MARQUEZ NEARLY SET FOR JULY 18?

Sources close to the situation have just informed us that it's looking more and more like retired pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr. will make his return this summer against WBA & WBO lightweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez. Mayweather was originally rumored to make his return on July 11, the same date as UFC 100, against an opponent yet to be named. Apparently, after much debate over the weight at which the fight would take place, both Mayweather and Marquez are now close to agreeing to face each other on July 18.

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content4762.html
jaz_pagan
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Re: Mayweather vs. Marquez nearly set for July 18

Postby maciejkargol » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:14 pm

Mayweather is gonna need this fight to keep in top form or else Pacquiao is gonna fuck him up in the future 8)
SURVIVOR POOL CHAMPION
maciejkargol
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Survivor

Re: Mayweather vs. Marquez nearly set for July 18

Postby batangastig » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:20 pm

emd01 wrote:He's going to embarrass Marquez. Marquez is too slow, too small and gets hit too much. Not saying that it won't be a good fight for 3 or 4 rounds but after that Mayweather will dominate him.

Another thing, idk why people think Pacman would do so well against PBF because I can't see it. If PBF would have fought Pacmans last 2 opponents people would have given him hell for fighting weaker competition. If he would have fought DLH at WW he would have given him a beating similar to the one Pacman gave him. Imo, PBF is going to get the KO or TKO in the later rounds, even with the time out of the ring. PBF might not have power against the bigger guys but these lil fighters trying to move up to fight him are biting off more than they can chew. If i'm wrong i'll admit I was but i'm pretty adamant on this one.

im one of those that think that pacman would be sucessful against floyd, but i dont see this fight happening at least this year. pacman if he wins this fight against hatton would most likely fight mig cotto in november according to bob arum. depending if pacman wins in an easy fashion, which i disagree will happen, pacquiao would prolly need a break until next year to fight anybody else. if pacquiao beats hatton in a dominant fashion, more dominant than what mayweather was able to do against hatton, then floyd might just drop that outrageous offer and agree in the 50 50 split.
I'm gonna have to be killed before I lose, and I ain't going to die easy - Muhammad Ali
ImageImage
batangastig
Black Belt
Black Belt

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.