Close
Login
Register

Mayweather in mma

Discuss all other combat sports here.

Would you want to see Mayweather in mma?

Yes
65%
No
27%
Drop weight & fight Pacman
8%

Total votes : 66

Re: Mayweather in mma

Postby tkdcaptainhair » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:25 pm

Just 'cause he comes to MMA doesn't mean he is coming to make a living. He has definitely made enough to retire with, so he would just come to show that he can beat people in MMA.
tkdcaptainhair
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby Smith » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:51 pm

He won't come because he can make more in one boxing fight than he would in a whole MMA career.

I'd like to see him come if he entered and fought top level fighters putting his fist where his mouth is, but he'll only come and KO a few cans that want to strike with him and then leave saying MMA was no challenge. I really, really do not want that.
THE MARSHAL OF MMALINKER

ImageImage

(22:02:00) Bagaman: wish i was an alligator
Smith
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Location: Comfortably between a dreary northern neighbor and a cantankerous southern frienemy.

Postby groundzero » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:57 pm

Smith wrote:He won't come because he can make more in one boxing fight than he would in a whole MMA career.

I'd like to see him come if he entered and fought top level fighters putting his fist where his mouth is, but he'll only come and KO a few cans that want to strike with him and then leave saying MMA was no challenge. I really, really do not want that.

thats a great point
make me a sig!
groundzero

Postby legend » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:01 pm

groundzero wrote:
Smith wrote:He won't come because he can make more in one boxing fight than he would in a whole MMA career.

thats a great point

Agree. They could pretty much put a boxer in their and say hes got groung game because he wrestelrd in college for 1 year bla bla bla and then have PRETTY BOY beat the living S*** out of him and throw a few kicks and say it was MMA. Not good.
legend
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby rondenelli » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:45 pm

I would luv to see his trash takling mouth<on MMA> get choked the fk out and go to sleep! Albeit he kind of back peddaled on his negative comments about MMA vs Boxing since what I'm refrring to, I would still like to see him get humbled in a more complex combat sport.

M-1 Global's Management Team
rondenelli
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby The Ultimate Striker » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:20 pm

some kid at my school said that if he signs with the ufc hed fight matt hughes. i think that was him just dreaming but i guess its a slim possibility. some people might say oh no way hell go straight to the ufc since brock didnt but brocks a piece of shit and did fake wrestling. mayweather is the best boxer in the world and thats real combat. plus can u imagine how much money hed put in danas pockets. holy shit. mayweather vs hughes... i smell payperview records.
Blackbelt in Taekwondo
1-0 Amateur MMA
Training Boxing, Muay Thai, Jiu-jitsu
Unleashed Fitness & Training Center
The Ultimate Striker
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby tkdcaptainhair » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:28 am

The Ultimate Striker wrote:some kid at my school said that if he signs with the ufc hed fight matt hughes. i think that was him just dreaming but i guess its a slim possibility. some people might say oh no way hell go straight to the ufc since brock didnt but brocks a piece of shit and did fake wrestling. mayweather is the best boxer in the world and thats real combat. plus can u imagine how much money hed put in danas pockets. holy shit. mayweather vs hughes... i smell payperview records.

*sigh* How is Brock a "piece of shit"? He is new to the striking aspect of MMA, and, correct me if I'm wrong, he looked really good in the wrestling aspect of that fight; he just got caught by a fantastic submission fighter in Frank Mir. I think Mayweather won't come straight to MMA because he realizes he needs time to train for it, but I do see him coming. Lots of people think he won't come because of the money issue; he has enough money already, and if he feels he has something to prove, he will come regardless of how much they pay him.
tkdcaptainhair
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby stokjeros » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:24 am

If he will ever fight in MMA against Matt Hughes or one of the other top dogs I will post naked videos of myself all over the internet (And I aint pretty :oops: )...

Exactly: NOT GONNA HAPPEN
"That was when my father left his samurai life and became a demon. He became an assassin who walks the road of vengeance."
stokjeros
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby The Ultimate Striker » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:55 am

if he does fight hughes...

i wanna see those damn pics lmao
Blackbelt in Taekwondo
1-0 Amateur MMA
Training Boxing, Muay Thai, Jiu-jitsu
Unleashed Fitness & Training Center
The Ultimate Striker
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby DonYojan » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:47 am

batangastig wrote:This has probably been posted before, and if so I apologize.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing ... id=3165552

due to the effortless victories because of his running tactics, Pacman is the man for him.

I think this is a stupid idea, and Mayweather’s midlife crisis will result in a submission or a TKO.

I agree with the statement! Bring him over we will just prove another Lesnar vs Mirr on him!

heck maybe a TKO or KO depending on opponent
"Pain is temporary we have two options give up or FIGHT LIKE HELL!"
- Lance Armstrong

(10/09)GIVE SHOGUN HIS BELT! WTF! (05/10)ABOUT TIME!
DonYojan
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby Silverblunt » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:29 pm

emd01 wrote:
stokjeros wrote:If he will ever fight in MMA against Matt Hughes or one of the other top dogs I will post naked videos of myself all over the internet (And I aint pretty :oops: )...

Exactly: NOT GONNA HAPPEN
:lol: :D :lol:

Funny man. :mrgreen:
Give me Lee Murray vs. Krazy horse Bennett
Silverblunt
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Oldtoby420 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:24 am

FYI: Mark Cuban has plenty of money to pay May Weather mor then he could make in a lifetime of boxing if he really wanted to. Fact is May Weather would or if he talked to any1 such as Mark Cuban about getting into MMA ask for way more then what he's worth as a MMA fighter when he'd get his ass handed to em by a top level rank 10 or higher MMA opponent.
Oldtoby420
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

PreviousNext

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.