Close
Login
Register

Mayweather didn't make his money until DeLaHoya

Discuss all other combat sports here.

Re: Mayweather didn't make his money until DeLaHoya

Postby batangastig » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:22 pm

LunaticOrder wrote:EDIT : also, Rocky Marciano has a better stat then that(49-0 43K.O.s), it point to your "name another boxer in the history of boxing with that stat, you cannot."

yeah ur right there are a lot of fighters that retired undefeated, off the top of my head i can think of ricardo lopez, calzaghe, andthere was a korean fighter that also retired undefeated i forget though.
I'm gonna have to be killed before I lose, and I ain't going to die easy - Muhammad Ali
ImageImage
batangastig
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby eldapeeze » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:50 pm

Yeah. Mayweather is a typical boxer. Thinks he unstoppable in the Ring. I like how he talks shit about MMA fighters yet is unwilling to step in to fight one. I'd love to see his @ss get taken down and submitted in 30 seconds.
The Boss wrote:Brock Lensar flipping off to the audience and talks shit to Mir after the TKO. Dont bring that WWE shit to Mixed Martial Arts. MMA is about disclipine and Lesnar has no fucking class, I hope he rots in hell.
eldapeeze
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby b.j.st.emelianenko » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:35 pm

eldapeeze wrote:Yeah. Mayweather is a typical boxer. Thinks he unstoppable in the Ring. I like how he talks shit about MMA fighters yet is unwilling to step in to fight one. I'd love to see his @ss get taken down and submitted in 30 seconds.

and his performance in the oscar fight was sad, sure they give him thhe fight, even though he didn't want to engage the entire time, fuck him,
b.j.st.emelianenko
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby TheAssassin » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:25 pm

Pac Man would make Floyd his bitch.
TheAssassin
4th Professional Linker Victory
4th Professional Linker Victory

Postby eldapeeze » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:58 am

emd01 wrote:Lol...most of you are delusional and thinking with your hate for Mayweather. He's going to embarrass Marquez and KO Pacquiao. His boxing skill is light years ahead of either of those lil guys.

The King Is Back!!!

I didnt say shit about Pac man. I said Mayweather would get raped by any good MMA fighter
The Boss wrote:Brock Lensar flipping off to the audience and talks shit to Mir after the TKO. Dont bring that WWE shit to Mixed Martial Arts. MMA is about disclipine and Lesnar has no fucking class, I hope he rots in hell.
eldapeeze
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby 808_Hawaii » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:13 am

broiler81 wrote:This is a really naive post to start a thread. probably the most naive.

Saying that Floyd is not or will not be a boxing legend is ignorant, very ignorant. The man is 39-0 with 25 KOs, name another boxer in the history of boxing with that stat, you cannot. Floyd started out as a Super Featherweight, then moved up to lighweight, then Junior Welterweight, Welterweight, and finally Super Welterweight. It appears to me he is not ducking or has never ducked anyone. IN fact I would say he is doing something that NO MMA CHAMPION would ever do and move up more than ONE weight division and can still be undefeated, your mma biasness precedes you poster.

Second Floyd isn't ducking anyone ok, you can keep that OPINION to yourself because it holds no water or proof.

I will agree with the point that Pacman is right now probably the best.
Floyd is probably one of the best boxers boxing has ever seen, I find it hard pressed to believe you have even watched him fight, well I have and I used to train in boxing and let me tell you it is a thing of beauty. From a boxing fans point of view here, Floyd is a legend in boxing and will be one, jsut because he has mouth shouldn't stop that from happening.

He did duck.

In his Documentary Roger stated fear of losing drives a man to doing anything to remain unbeaten.
And then Roger said he purposely didnt want to fight Antonio Margarito the man who KOed Cotto.

So almost all Boxing fans who watched his documentary know he ducked Antonio Margarito.

There was alot of Controversy about if Mayweather ducked Cotto when he was Champ and cleaning out Welterweight like Mayweather as well.

Even then I still love Mayweather because he express's boxing very well
BJJ Blue belt
Certified Personal Trainer (NASM)(NPTI)
Certified Speedblast trainer
Certified Kettlebell trainer
Check out my basic Strength and Conditioning for MMA/BJJ
strength-speed-conditioning-for-grapplers-fighters-t123418.html
808_Hawaii
Mod Emeritus

Postby FootFistProductions » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:26 am

LunaticOrder wrote:
broiler81 wrote:This is a really naive post to start a thread. probably the most naive.

Saying that Floyd is not or will not be a boxing legend is ignorant, very ignorant. The man is 39-0 with 25 KOs, name another boxer in the history of boxing with that stat, you cannot. Floyd started out as a Super Featherweight, then moved up to lighweight, then Junior Welterweight, Welterweight, and finally Super Welterweight. It appears to me he is not ducking or has never ducked anyone. IN fact I would say he is doing something that NO MMA CHAMPION would ever do and move up more than ONE weight division and can still be undefeated, your mma biasness precedes you poster.

Second Floyd isn't ducking anyone ok, you can keep that OPINION to yourself because it holds no water or proof.

Floyd is probably one of the best boxers boxing has ever seen, I find it hard pressed to believe you have even watched him fight, well I have and I used to train in boxing and let me tell you it is a thing of beauty. From a boxing fans point of view here, Floyd is a legend in boxing and will be one, jsut because he has mouth shouldn't stop that from happening.

I don't really care to pic a fight in this arguement as I don't really have an opinion one way or the other, but I would like to point out one thing.

Floyd went from 130 to 154. In MMA that is the weight difference of moving up from 185 to 205 (minus 4 pounds). There are fighters in mma that have done it, and will continue to do it. Saying that he moved up in more then 1 weight class and claiming that no one in mma has done it, is kind of taking a skewed look at it. I mean the difference between 3 of those weight classes is 5 pounds each....

EDIT : also, Rocky Marciano has a better stat then that(49-0 43K.O.s), it point to your "name another boxer in the history of boxing with that stat, you cannot."

ok yeah your right about other guys retiring undefeated i'll give you that. But why do you find it necessary to compare boxing and mma weight class.
And to be all honest that would be like Miguel Torres jumping up to LW and beating the shit out of that entire division and I have yet to see any mma fighter do that. I was simply regarding that fact the fact there are people who think Floyd is ducking opponents. If he was I would assume he would have stayed at 130lbs instead of moving up to heavier and harder weight classes. UNLIKE most mma like GSP, Anderson who try to fight as small opponents as possible. Until recently with Anderson taking on Forrest.

I also think that Floyd's style more than anything is what will make him a legend in boxing, he has an Ali esque style putting a great defense ahead of a great offense. Gee does that sound like any other mma champs that we might know? Yeah only the best of them.
I just think people let Floyd's attitude and mouth overshadow his ability and instead of being constructive unbiased fans which is hard to do I admit they just picks sides and chose someone's ability based on that fighters attitude instead of basing on actual ability and talent.
irishmike357 wrote: He sucker punched him from behind before the fight even started, and by sucker punched I mean shot him with a gun.
Burritoking1000 wrote:I would let like 100 dudes jerk off all over me for a whole day for less than a million.
FootFistProductions
3rd Professional Linker Victory

Postby 808_Hawaii » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:52 am

broiler81 wrote:
LunaticOrder wrote:

Jumping from MMA to Boxing is like going from Soccer to Basketball (Not really)

But its a whole different concept.It going from Sport to a Sport/Art
BJJ Blue belt
808_Hawaii
Mod Emeritus

Postby FootFistProductions » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:16 am

808_Hawaii wrote:
broiler81 wrote:
LunaticOrder wrote:

Jumping from MMA to Boxing is like going from Soccer to Basketball (Not really)

But its a whole different concept.It going from Sport to a Sport/Art

So you are saying that mma is sport/art and boxing is just sport. Funny I think you might be alone on that concept, it is called the sweet science you know, and watching a boxer a top tier boxer do his magic is pretty artistic unlike some lay and pray because lay and pray is real artsy isn't it.?
irishmike357 wrote: He sucker punched him from behind before the fight even started, and by sucker punched I mean shot him with a gun.
Burritoking1000 wrote:I would let like 100 dudes jerk off all over me for a whole day for less than a million.
FootFistProductions

Postby FootFistProductions » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:18 am

eldapeeze wrote:
emd01 wrote:Lol...most of you are delusional and thinking with your hate for Mayweather. He's going to embarrass Marquez and KO Pacquiao. His boxing skill is light years ahead of either of those lil guys.

The King Is Back!!!

I didnt say shit about Pac man. I said Mayweather would get raped by any good MMA fighter

Well apparently if an over the hill fat long time retired boxer can drop a former UFC hw Champ in 10 seconds that doesn't sound to good for mma now does it.
FootFistProductions

Postby armdawg37 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:12 pm

Agreed.
He said he's taking up Marquez first because in his eyes he is the P4P champ right now not Pacman.
armdawg37
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt

Postby 808_Hawaii » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:45 pm

Floyd wanted to fight pacman but pacmans deal was he takes 60% and mayweather take 40%

and no way floyd would do that.

and Idk why everyone is hating mayweather for fighting marquez.

they both came from 125 to where they are at now.

when dela hoya first faught mayweather at 147 everyone was saying how big dela hoya is ect
BJJ Blue belt
808_Hawaii
Mod Emeritus

PreviousNext

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.