Close
Login
Register

Mayweather didn't make his money until DeLaHoya

Discuss all other combat sports here.

Mayweather didn't make his money until DeLaHoya

Postby hulkiest » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:55 am

Mayweather didn't make his money until he fought an Old Oscar De La Hoya, Yes he is right about MMA fighters don't see that type of money after a fight, but will he put those twenty eight million he talks about against the MMA Champion at his weight class? I don't think so, he is a great "boxer" but is he a legend? I don't think so Mayweather keeps on ducking a boxer that is Faster, Stronger, and better and he knows this. For him to say he is going to fight a better man on marquez because he beat Pacman twice is plain dumb thats like saying a fighter cannot evolve in his sport to be a better fighter. The difference in Boxing and MMA is that in MMA the Champion has to defend the title against the best contenders in boxing not so much. Mayweather you want to be a Legend come to MMA and prove yourself but you won't so just take the fight against The Pacman.
hulkiest
Green Belt
Green Belt

Re: Mayweather didn't make his money until DeLaHoya

Postby Surprise » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:02 am

I think Pac Man would win
It appears that whatever fighters I put here seem to lose, so respect to my favorite fighters I have decided to exclude them from my sig
PSN:Surprise420
Surprise
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Postby Krim » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:10 am

Pac Man would kill him. Mayweather talks big, but he won't dare fight someone who is a threat to him.
Krim
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby TheGimp » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:26 am

Floyd is a great boxer and has nothing to prove, he just needs to shut the hell up
I am The Dreamcatcher of MMALinker!
7-3
TheGimp
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Postby Kabolicien » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:41 am

Ya he didnt make multi millions until Oscar but he's been a world champion since he's 18 th pro fight.So still making more then all mma togetter ........And the only fighter Money MAY ever ducked is Sugar Shane Mosley....... :wink:
[img][url="http://www.boxing-core.com/gifs/GifDetails.aspx?gid=10000204&tid=109"][IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2888viq.jpg[/img][/url][/img]
Kabolicien
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby KingOfPancrase » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:45 am

TheGimp wrote:Floyd is a great boxer and has nothing to prove, he just needs to shut the hell up

the truth!!!
KingOfPancrase
2nd Professional Linker Victory
2nd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Postby FootFistProductions » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:48 am

This is a really naive post to start a thread. probably the most naive.

Saying that Floyd is not or will not be a boxing legend is ignorant, very ignorant. The man is 39-0 with 25 KOs, name another boxer in the history of boxing with that stat, you cannot. Floyd started out as a Super Featherweight, then moved up to lighweight, then Junior Welterweight, Welterweight, and finally Super Welterweight. It appears to me he is not ducking or has never ducked anyone. IN fact I would say he is doing something that NO MMA CHAMPION would ever do and move up more than ONE weight division and can still be undefeated, your mma biasness precedes you poster.

Second Floyd isn't ducking anyone ok, you can keep that OPINION to yourself because it holds no water or proof.

I will agree with the point that Pacman is right now probably the best.
Floyd is probably one of the best boxers boxing has ever seen, I find it hard pressed to believe you have even watched him fight, well I have and I used to train in boxing and let me tell you it is a thing of beauty. From a boxing fans point of view here, Floyd is a legend in boxing and will be one, jsut because he has mouth shouldn't stop that from happening.
Last edited by FootFistProductions on Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
irishmike357 wrote: He sucker punched him from behind before the fight even started, and by sucker punched I mean shot him with a gun.
Burritoking1000 wrote:I would let like 100 dudes jerk off all over me for a whole day for less than a million.
FootFistProductions
3rd Professional Linker Victory
3rd Professional Linker Victory

Postby housexxwins » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:52 am

Did i warp into box-linker by accident? Anyways.. i'm a big pac man fan but floyd would fuck his shit up. That man is a legend.. and trust me he doesn't duck shit.
Tbelb wrote:It must be broken, it says Diaz landed power shots.
housexxwins
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby PowerGroovin » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:55 am

KingOfPancrase wrote:
TheGimp wrote:Floyd is a great boxer and has nothing to prove, he just needs to shut the hell up

the truth!!!

it would be the truth except he keeps saying things that leave things unproven. hes a talented, but useless, human being. take your 28 million dollar check and go disappear.
LHK
Fedor
Machida
PowerGroovin
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby harrywang88 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:02 pm

Mayweather is just good for the sport. He has Personality. He's the ultimate self promoter but I think pac man would eat him alive
I am Bruce Lee of MMAlinker
Bruce > Fedor

LHK
harrywang88
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby Ed ROl » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:39 pm

MMA has to defend titles against best contenders?????? Boxing is much bigger than MMA and I am pretty sure Mayweather can take anyone on the 145 pound didvision
"I made the Stupid Mistake of Sig-Betting against 420Mike, Hide your kids, Hide your wife, and hide that P4P Belt, Cuz 420Mike is coming for it!"
Ed ROl
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: Hall of Famer

Postby IdentityThief » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:41 pm

Mayweather wants to beat the smaller guys first before he fights Mosley and Cotto, its going to be a war between Marquez and Mayweather but Mayweather will knock out Pacquia much quicker, sometime in 2010 you will see Mayweather/Mosley, Mayweather/Cotto
IdentityThief
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby khanabus » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:50 pm

IdentityThief wrote:Mayweather wants to beat the smaller guys first before he fights Mosley and Cotto, its going to be a war between Marquez and Mayweather but Mayweather will knock out Pacquia much quicker, sometime in 2010 you will see Mayweather/Mosley, Mayweather/Cotto

i agree ..mayweather is the machida of boxing...he is a very boring fighter i think..but what he does he is the best at it...mayweather knows how to counter punch very well...i dont think a smaller fighter that likes to be aggresive has much of a chance ...pacquia is my fav boxer but i think mayweather is just going to be to big for him
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
khanabus
White Belt
White Belt

Postby RidinDirty » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:51 pm

Ed ROl wrote:MMA has to defend titles against best contenders?????? Boxing is much bigger than MMA and I am pretty sure Mayweather can take anyone on the 145 pound didvision

+1 everyone has a record and floyds record speakes for it self ...he is king
RidinDirty
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby LunaticOrder » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:03 pm

broiler81 wrote:This is a really naive post to start a thread. probably the most naive.

Saying that Floyd is not or will not be a boxing legend is ignorant, very ignorant. The man is 39-0 with 25 KOs, name another boxer in the history of boxing with that stat, you cannot. Floyd started out as a Super Featherweight, then moved up to lighweight, then Junior Welterweight, Welterweight, and finally Super Welterweight. It appears to me he is not ducking or has never ducked anyone. IN fact I would say he is doing something that NO MMA CHAMPION would ever do and move up more than ONE weight division and can still be undefeated, your mma biasness precedes you poster.

Second Floyd isn't ducking anyone ok, you can keep that OPINION to yourself because it holds no water or proof.

I will agree with the point that Pacman is right now probably the best.
Floyd is probably one of the best boxers boxing has ever seen, I find it hard pressed to believe you have even watched him fight, well I have and I used to train in boxing and let me tell you it is a thing of beauty. From a boxing fans point of view here, Floyd is a legend in boxing and will be one, jsut because he has mouth shouldn't stop that from happening.

I don't really care to pic a fight in this arguement as I don't really have an opinion one way or the other, but I would like to point out one thing.

Floyd went from 130 to 154. In MMA that is the weight difference of moving up from 185 to 205 (minus 4 pounds). There are fighters in mma that have done it, and will continue to do it. Saying that he moved up in more then 1 weight class and claiming that no one in mma has done it, is kind of taking a skewed look at it. I mean the difference between 3 of those weight classes is 5 pounds each....

EDIT : also, Rocky Marciano has a better stat then that(49-0 43K.O.s), it point to your "name another boxer in the history of boxing with that stat, you cannot."
LHK
ALWAYS WAR ACE AND CARPENTER!
LunaticOrder
Black Belt
Black Belt

Location: Somwhere between the bottom of the Bottle and the chambered cartridge

Next

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.