Close
Login
Register

Marcelo Garcia On How To Defeat A Bigger, Stronger Opponent

Wrestling, jujitsu, ground and pound or submit your opponent for the victory

Marcelo Garcia On How To Defeat A Bigger, Stronger Opponent

Postby exsanguinator » Mon May 02, 2011 12:12 pm

Essentially what he is talking about in the early part of the video is using the larger opponent's momentum to create a scramble. If you've ever seen Marcelo Garcia roll with anyone you know that a scramble is the last place you want to be with him.

When he begins to talk about the rear naked choke, pay close attention to how he places his back hand. Instead of pushing on the back of the opponents head with his palm to get the pressure for the choke he is using the blade of his wrist to attempt to 'slice' his opponent's head off. This pressure is much more intense and I can attest that when I was grappling and I was made aware of this minor but incredibly important detail my rear naked choke finish rate sky rocketed. The one thing that he doesn't mention is that there is much more to the rear naked choke than just pushing against the back of someone's neck and forcing it into the crook of your forward elbow, you also have to squeeze. To give an example, put one of your friends in a rear naked choke and just push on the back of his head and note how long it takes him to tap. Now do the same thing but flex your arms at the same time. I guarantee you the tap is going to come a lot faster.
We all need some place we can go away to, some place where we can be who we should have been instead of who we are.
exsanguinator

Re: Marcelo Garcia On How To Defeat A Bigger, Stronger Opponent

Postby rehtomruoyodi » Tue May 03, 2011 11:24 am

Some good stuff, now I just need to figure out how to pass to his back.
[img]http://i37.tinypic.com/2dua3uu.jpg[/img][img]http://i35.tinypic.com/xproex.jpg[/img]
rehtomruoyodi
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Re: Marcelo Garcia On How To Defeat A Bigger, Stronger Opponent

Postby exsanguinator » Tue May 03, 2011 11:43 am

rehtomruoyodi wrote:Some good stuff, now I just need to figure out how to pass to his back.

I'll find some good vids for getting back mount and put up a thread for them today. I'd try and explain it here but it would be difficult. When ever I end up on someone's back it's because I just got there somehow :lol: I don't really think about it anymore.
We all need some place we can go away to, some place where we can be who we should have been instead of who we are.
exsanguinator

Return to Ground Game